Compensation for Game Crash, maybe?

+
Compensation for Game Crash, maybe?

Are we getting any compensation for Game Crashes? I have been experiencing crashes since the patch. Like just today 4 game crashes.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Most of the crashes happen because of problems with the players' hardware, software or network configuration; not because of the game itself. Why would CDPR need to compensate for that? Furthermore, this game is still in beta, so even when the occasional bug occurs, it's part of the package. Now, if the game servers would suddenly be down for a whole day or so, then maybe CDPR could give out a free keg or two.

4RM3D;n9774911 said:
Most of the crashes happen because of problems with the players' hardware, software or network configuration; not because of the game itself. Why would CDPR need to compensate for that? Furthermore, this game is still in beta, so even when the occasional bug occurs, it's part of the package. Now, if the game servers would suddenly be down for a whole day or so, then maybe CDPR could give out a free keg or two.

Not true. I'm on Xbox One and experiencing crashes since the last patch. I've contacted Support multiple times and all they say is that they're aware of the issue and looking into it. Yet not one mention of the crash in the Fixes. Such a shame.

Edit : I'm personally not looking for any kind of compensation save a fix for the issue.

Last edited:
PS4 player here, and I was in the middle of a match last night and the game crashed. I don't know if that has ever happened to me before with Gwent; I really can't remember such an instance. I have also had my game crash 3-4 times when I go to my "collection." So, I also think this latest patch has something to do with game crashes. I also don't believe the mod's explanation that one reason this could be happening is a hardware issue. I will concede that this is indeed a beta (granted a beta that is 1 year old now), and some problems are to be expected. However, if this patch caused these game crashes, this is an instance where the beta is regressing instead of what it should be doing: progressing. Also, Gwent is the game that I have had practically no network problems with through my apartment's lackluster wi-fi for video games, and I have been playing this game since about June of this year. I will need to play this game more post-patch to see if this is a continuing problem.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
When I was talking about hardware and software, I was referring to the PC, which has most of the players. The console is different, where most issues are a result of the game itself.

Two crashes here today...and i was winning this games. I lost both. I had no problems with my hardware or with my connection. And: I won a match because my opponent lost connection.

I'm on PS4 and have had multiple crashing when closing out of the card collection. I don't expect any kind of compensation however. I'm sure they'll work out the bugs.

KDean11;n9774421 said:
Are we getting any compensation for Game Crashes? I have been experiencing crashes since the patch. Like just today 4 game crashes.

What kind of compensation would you want?

For the record I played around for over an hour a few matchs and in and out of my collection a lot...and no crashes ..

so maybe it was server side ?
as far as the crash from backing out of the collection

and they fixed it?

Last edited:
on XB and I crash about 1 of 6 or so right after matchmaking. Pretty common to get an immediate forfeit in ladder once in a while too. The crashes happen more often than they did last patch.

4RM3D;n9774911 said:

I play on PC and I believe my hardware and software plus my network connection were all fine.

I am not hoping a server breakdown for a keg hahaha. Anyway If it keeps happening I will compile all crash logs and send a report.

KDean11;n9777591 said:
Anyway If it keeps happening I will compile all crash logs and send a report.

That is always a good idea. Even if it's a problem with the local PC, it's still good for CDPR to know about it.

Top Bottom