x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too Few People Playing Casual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Few People Playing Casual

The leader board says there are over 100000+ players. Why is it when I play a casual match, I seem to see the same opponents over and over again?

Because most people or ranked

Comment

Originally posted by gr8horned1 View Post
      The leader board says there are over 100000+ players. Why is it when I play a casual match, I seem to see the same opponents over and over again?
      Do you mean that you play against specific opponents all the time? If that is the case and you are seeing same names over and over again, then it's worth checking that your game is updated to the latest patch.

Comment

I dunno about too few people but I get put with people way higher level than me sometimes.

Comment

I always seem to get paired up with the same people as well. What makes it worse is the fact that they ALWAYS play the same stack-the-melee-row dwarves deck. It's pretty sad.
          "Up and at 'em, lazy mingers! Ye'll sleep when ye're dead!"

Comment

That's because even in Casual, people are playing meta. So, why bother?
            Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Comment

I find I'm always propped against opponents whom are much higher in rank and level than me. Constantly. Anyone else?
              Like do I have to lose on purpose over and over again until fair matches come up? Just let people win (and ruin the game for both) by passing and passing until something I can maybe actually contend with comes along?
              ANYONE ELSE>!?@!?:!@?!

Comment

It's beta. Casual is somewhat broken. With the mismatches it certainly isn't casual, especially not for beginners. There is no real easy or beginner online mode, which makes it very tough for beginners. Maybe that will change.

Comment

I can understand if someone is not happy with the current casual mode. It's probably not that inviting for less experienced players and often not even "casual" for experienced ones. The tricky question however is: how to make this game mode better? How to motivate casual players to play casual?

I'd love to see a concept similar to Pro Ladder but that might come with other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by lemonsplitter View Post
                    It's beta. Casual is somewhat broken. With the mismatches it certainly isn't casual, especially not for beginners. There is no real easy or beginner online mode, which makes it very tough for beginners. Maybe that will change.
                    Agreed something needs to be done to improved match making. I think it'd be nice to have custom match settings for casual. Max MMR or Level in Match search, also picking certain decks to play against would be nice because if you need practice, you could search for the faction you lose to the most.

Comment

Originally posted by OG.laloquaint View Post
                      I always seem to get paired up with the same people as well. What makes it worse is the fact that they ALWAYS play the same stack-the-melee-row dwarves deck. It's pretty sad.
                      Smells like bots to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kegtron9000 View Post

Agreed something needs to be done to improved match making. I think it'd be nice to have custom match settings for casual. Max MMR or Level in Match search, also picking certain decks to play against would be nice because if you need practice, you could search for the faction you lose to the most.
                        Yes, this is a really great idea. Tournament players get to ban a faction, making that feature available to everyone would make a lot of players happy. And solve the repetitive decks complaint.

Picking a faction leader to play against is part of the tutorial challenges. Adding that feature to casual would make it a lot more appealing to new players. Adding the feature to ban a faction or leader in any mode as well would be another welcome change.

Comment

I agree that the matchmaking is completely broken in casual, but then again, even lv. 100 players might want to try something out If they get automatically matched to players of the same level, or very nearly, it's like they cannot escape from Ranked.

However there are a lot of good ideas in this thread, I do particularly like picking factions and leaders to play against In general adding options into matchmaking would probably help a lot more players get into the game. Right now it's better to start from ranked, I find that in low rankings, people play either starter decks or custom decks with little to no synergy, just cards they've added that seem to be good. Might be easier to start from there if you are a new player, especially if it's been midway through the ranked season already

Comment

Thats because not many ppl playing this game at all. For example, top 2k in Proladder is players with only 6 matches for 2 weeks.

Comment

If you want to play casual you gotta play low level ranked play. Casual is atrocious right now where you're going up against lvl 80/rank18 guys even if you're low lvl/ranked yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X