GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
RidiculousName;n10383252 said:
bojerbela

From my experience the only way to get rid of it is closing the game.

There have been multiple bug reports about it over the months. Sending a report would probably be a good idea.

Thanks...Alt+F4 solved the problem. Thanks God no MMR lost during the process.

BornBoring;n10383712 said:
I've waited three minutes and got a free win

Thanks for the reply. I closed the game. I think, it's a 50-50% chance: you got a free win or a bitter loss.

Hey Just a Question if anyone uses Gaunter O'dimm these days? Hes so difficult to Get a card, But its SO awesome that he can now pull leaders, Got a free filavandrel once was great, but 90% of the time i choose higher then 6 and it seems safer since i feel there is more higher cards, does anyone know the statistics to how many units are equal to 6, above 6, or below 6? so gaunter can be slightly more reliable, Cheers

ITS COMPLETLY UNACCEPTABLE THAT CHEETERS CAN DISCONNECT IN THE FIRST ROUND WHEN THEY ARE LOOSING AND YOU END UP WITH NOTHING !

WTF ARE THE DEVS THINKING ?

ARE THEY SUPPORTING CHEETERS ?

Hello Team Gwent & Mods... Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I just discovered that my Makhakam Maruder will not boost when located in your deck after Dennis Cranmer is played... However, it does boost when on the Battlefield and in your hand... I think it's a bug. I tried to report this my staring a post-but since I'm so new the system blocked me... Thanks again and I'm loving my new NG border (and 100 MP too)... Back to Grinding, grinding, grinding today. :)

Rayon_34_

This isn't a bug. Marauder only triggers on the board, not in your deck. Actually, no card triggers in your deck, unless explicitly stated, like with Elven Protector, whose description says: Whenever you play a special card, boost this unit by 1, wherever it is.

PS. Post moved to a different thread.

4RM3D IC Thank you for clearing that up for this Gwent amateur. Back to grinding ... Maybe Stop by the Shop, You can never have enough cards/kegs... ;)

Oh,BTW Hats off to the marketing department... Brilliant!!!

Guys, off topic becasue i don't have 10 posts so i can't make a thread, but can someone explain this card this player is using
https://s17.postimg.org/tn5chmau7/gwetn2.png

He put a card, a spying card on my side of the board and my points increases, I'm assuming if i click turn pass, its a trick and i will lose because the points i am seeing doesn't really exist?

DRK3

Forum veteran
CelebrityGamer;n10402112 said:
Guys, off topic becasue i don't have 10 posts so i can't make a thread, but can someone explain this card this player is using
https://s17.postimg.org/tn5chmau7/gwetn2.png

He put a card, a spying card on my side of the board and my points increases, I'm assuming if i click turn pass, its a trick and i will lose because the points i am seeing doesn't really exist?

Its not a trick, he used a silver spy, which gives him 1 card and gives you 13 points unit. He probably used it because he had a decent advantage over your points, so even with that spy, he has more points,

One question, I want to now if are kegs pre-defined or not in order to keep them stacked till next update (old cards + new patch cards instead only old ones). Are they?

Cythonian;n10403192 said:
One question, I want to now if are kegs pre-defined or not in order to keep them stacked till next update (old cards + new patch cards instead only old ones). Are they?

In case I understand you correctly:
You can save ore/kegs for a patch and get the new cards with those kegs, even if you earned them the previous season/patch.
I don't know if the patch in a couple of days will add new cards tho.

I have a GoG gwent account and recently I won some Microsoft gift cards, I saw they offer kegs in the Microsoft store, my question is, is there any way to buy kegs from the Microsoft storeand have them go on my GoG gwent account?

905berserkk;n10403382 said:
is there any way to buy kegs from the Microsoft storeand have them go on my GoG gwent account?

I'm 99,99 % certain anything you buy from the Windows store will be tied to your Microsoft account. And if that is indeed the case, then the answer to your question is "No, there isn't", because it's not possible to connect your Microsoft and GOG accounts.

Good evening,
Just played Gwent for the first time. I heard a lot of good things about the game, just played Two matches with a friend and DISLIKED it for two reasons that made the game feels stupid to (me).

Two simple questions:
1- Why is moving a card to the graveyard is an option when you need to utilize your cards in order to win in the first place?
2- Why can you use your own cards to select between damaging yourself or your opponent? (Specific One/s)

The game felt great and I enjoyed it for a very short time, however, those two reasons made me think of how useless implementations could ruin a new player's experience.

Shalarzz;n10403712 said:
1- Why is moving a card to the graveyard is an option when you need to utilize your cards in order to win in the first place?

This was only recently added, and can sometimes be helpful if you have a card you cannot play without hurting yourself.

Here's a hypothetical example scenario:
You've got Villentretenmerth on the board, and he is going to trigger next turn. Your opponent has the highest unit(s) on the board, but their STR is lower than Villen's. Opponent has zero cards left.
It's your turn, and the only card in your hand is Scorch. You can either
a) play the Scorch, killing your own Villen
or
b) discard the Scorch to your graveyard, ensuring Villen burns opponent's unit(s).

Shalarzz;n10403712 said:
2- Why can you use your own cards to select between damaging yourself or your opponent? (Specific One/s)

This can also be useful in some situations. Not likely to happen in the current meta, but one example would be having a Cow Carcass on your side of the board, threatening to destroy one or more of your units. Being able to kill it with something like a Clan Archer or even Triss can be valuable.
Clan Archers especially are used for damaging both sides of the board, as some of Skellige's cards benefit from being wounded.

There's plenty of inconsistency with what can and what cannot damage your own units, and it can definitely be bad in situations where there are no valid targets on opponent's side of the board.

PS. Welcome to the forums! :)

Muffliato;n10403752 said:
This was only recently added, and can sometimes be helpful if you have a card you cannot play without hurting yourself.

Here's a hypothetical example scenario:
You've got Villentretenmerth on the board, and he is going to trigger next turn. Your opponent has the highest unit(s) on the board, but their STR is lower than Villen's. Opponent has zero cards left.
It's your turn, and the only card in your hand is Scorch. You can either
a) play the Scorch, killing your own Villen
or
b) discard the Scorch to your graveyard, ensuring Villen burns opponent's unit(s).

This can also be useful in some situations. Not likely to happen in the current meta, but one example would be having a Cow Carcass on your side of the board, threatening to destroy one or more of your units. Being able to kill it with something like a Clan Archer or even Triss can be valuable.
Clan Archers especially are used for damaging both sides of the board, as some of Skellige's cards benefit from being wounded.

There's plenty of inconsistency with what can and what cannot damage your own units, and it can definitely be bad in situations where there are no valid targets on opponent's side of the board.

PS. Welcome to the forums! :)

Thank you for the clear explanations, it makes much more sense to me now knowing there are specific advantageous scenarios for those two functions.
Also, thank you for the warm welcome! :)

Top Bottom