How Can You Please Everyone?

+
busterginger;n9869421 said:
I don't mind losing if the match is a good one. And my logic is pretty good...makes me less anxious playing matches I won't win. Corrects the stats. I'll sub quote moderators here, a decent deck is nothing against your skills as a player. Which in itself isn't sound logic because many factors dictate whether you will win or not. If I start a match and don't have good cards and am aainst someone with a way higher title and level. Guess what StrykerxS77, they get the win.
I have fun without winning. I don't have fun when I never win off of 10 matches straight.
Think it's probably a deck issue? Believe what you want, this game has a long way to go before

That is not correct. They only automatically win when you forfeit. You have no idea how well you would have done because you didn't attempt to try. You don't know how close the game would have been, how much fun it would have been, and if you would have learned valuable strategies for future games. If you are really losing 10 matches straight then I yeah your decks and overall strategy probably needs work.

busterginger;n9869391 said:
I suggest just purposely losing over and over again (pass and pass and pass) and the stats will eventually adjust where you will be matched against opponents "worthwhile" playing.
Pass to win! pass to win!

Actually what this will do is the following:
Let's say you are level 20. And you decide to pass on everybody higher than level 30. What happens is:
A) your total winrate will be minimal and you will be stuck at the rock bottom of the ranked. What this means is no rank progression kegs, no season reward kegs.
B) You will continue to grow in the level, but your skill and card pool much less so. Let's say you passed 1000 games in a row. You will still get enough exp to get you 20 levels up. You will on the other hand get minimal rewards and kegs and your skill will remain low. In turn this means you will now "allow" yourself to play level 40 players, but chances of you winning will be exactly the same if you played them 20 levels ago...

I understand how people coming from DnD background as Sigil nicely put it might have this obsession with levels but seriously levels here are very much a decoration so just don't fret about it.

nemirni;n9871321 said:
Actually what this will do is the following:
Let's say you are level 20. And you decide to pass on everybody higher than level 30. What happens is:
A) your total winrate will be minimal and you will be stuck at the rock bottom of the ranked. What this means is no rank progression kegs, no season reward kegs.
B) You will continue to grow in the level, but your skill and card pool much less so. Let's say you passed 1000 games in a row. You will still get enough exp to get you 20 levels up. You will on the other hand get minimal rewards and kegs and your skill will remain low. In turn this means you will now "allow" yourself to play level 40 players, but chances of you winning will be exactly the same if you played them 20 levels ago...

I understand how people coming from DnD background as Sigil nicely put it might have this obsession with levels but seriously levels here are very much a decoration so just don't fret about it.

you say it like I pass every round. I'm ranking just fine, just know when to fold them.
It's not an obsession with levels. Leveling will certainly not help overall. That's not the focus. I'm saying if I'm a level 25 lets say, and I see I'm being pitted against, let's say a level 40 Master, or even worse pioneer, then I'm going to pass.
If it's a level 30, ( Also aware titles don't matter, Keeping a lower title is good for deception in this situation) then I will play.
If one was to forfeit, THEN I think that is total bulls***, the option is silly. So instead of playing a couple of rounds and losing anyways, just skip the inevitable....
Just to put it into context...because apparently I should I guess.

StrykerxS77x;n9870131 said:
That is not correct. They only automatically win when you forfeit. You have no idea how well you would have done because you didn't attempt to try. You don't know how close the game would have been, how much fun it would have been, and if you would have learned valuable strategies for future games. If you are really losing 10 matches straight then I yeah your decks and overall strategy probably needs work.

Literally yes they only auto win when one forfeits. I don't need to know how well things could have been if I see it not worth playing. I don't care how close the game could have been because a loss is a loss, this game is only fun when the matches are right. You can't tell me you have never had a losing streak and been frustrated. If not, then good on you! Hope that works for you. However that dynamic does not for me. So, regardless of the commentary, pass to win guys.

4RM3D;n9869661 said:
A few times I have given arguments which you haven't countered, only claiming I am wrong, while you remain stubbornly attached to your own opinion like it's the only truth in the world. Let me put it even more clearly, so that there can be no misunderstanding.

The level of a player is not a good indicator of his or her capabilities and it doesn't scale uniformly. The only reliable indicator is the rank of a player. However, because rank resets every season, that value is lost. Maybe CDPR ought to look at the average rank of a player across the (active) seasons, to get better matchmaking in casual. When they implement such a suggestion, then basically 4 kinds of players can be distinguished: beginners (rank <10), casuals (rank 11-17), pros (rank 18-20) and elites (rank 21+). Here, the only goal is to match those kind of players with others of the same group. The level indicator, however, is all over the place. I have seen level 30s having rank 21 and level 100s having rank 15. And once we are a year further every non-beginner is level 60+.

So, going back to the level indicator, and I quote "higher levels and titles mean more (better) cards, experience and better stats". First of all, "better stats"? What does that even mean and how does it affect the game? It doesn't really. Next, having more cards is irrelevant when you already have a competitive deck. To achieve that, you only need 4 gold, 6 silver and 15 bronze cards, which theoretically can be obtained from just milling the starter's decks. The only thing level will tell you is how much time the player has spent playing the game, which is only important for beginners (level < 11). They, at least, should be protected from the rest.

I just want you to admit you're wrong. And regarding stats, going back to our original posts. Maybe you can help me with this then. I've been in contact with support as well trying to understand the algorithm to how it works. I've been told from the horses mouth that win and loss ratio have an affect on the kinds of matches you get. So in theory, or at least my theory, which seems to be working (there is a very good chance I'm wrong, but again it appears to not be so) if I lose purposely to get my ratio down, then statistically in rank, I will be put against opponents in the same boat (which is what I want).
Same goes for if I win a lot of matches in a row, the matches will get harder and harder to match said ratio.

Is that not a thing?

busterginger

In ranked, matchmaking is determined by MMR, which is basically the win/lose-ratio. This means that when you keep losing, you will gradually face weaker opponents. In casual, it's a bit more unclear how the matchmaking works. The opponent you'll face there have a greater variety in strength, both weaker and stronger. There is a hidden MMR of sorts, but it's unknown which factors determine the rating, other than the win/lose-ratio.

Well I've reached lvl 10 just to test that mmr theory and guess what.. I didnt get my lvl once... ONCE..Its always at least 2 lvls higher..
Not to metion problem with op nilfgard which everyone plays.. seriously 8/10 games are nilfgard..
Sad thing is, I doesnt take long to find 1000000 other posts complaining about nilfgard, some dating back almost a year.
And was faced with freaking drought card which is basically round over if you dont have that one shitty card that clears weather, which I doubt anyone has in large numbers.

All in all, I dont see myself playing this until final release.

busterginger;n9873971 said:
Literally yes they only auto win when one forfeits. I don't need to know how well things could have been if I see it not worth playing. I don't care how close the game could have been because a loss is a loss, this game is only fun when the matches are right. You can't tell me you have never had a losing streak and been frustrated. If not, then good on you! Hope that works for you. However that dynamic does not for me. So, regardless of the commentary, pass to win guys.

I really can not see this from your point of view no matter how I try. You said earlier you don't mind losing if the game was a good one and now you say "a loss is a loss" like you have to win to be happy. You say the matches have to be right but again you don't know what the match would have been like because you didn't play it.

Three have been times that I have lost more than I wanted but the remedy to that isn't to forfeit because I don't want to deal with the possibility of playing a game and not winning.

busterginger;n9873991 said:
I just want you to admit you're wrong. And regarding stats, going back to our original posts. Maybe you can help me with this then. I've been in contact with support as well trying to understand the algorithm to how it works. I've been told from the horses mouth that win and loss ratio have an affect on the kinds of matches you get. So in theory, or at least my theory, which seems to be working (there is a very good chance I'm wrong, but again it appears to not be so) if I lose purposely to get my ratio down, then statistically in rank, I will be put against opponents in the same boat (which is what I want).
Same goes for if I win a lot of matches in a row, the matches will get harder and harder to match said ratio.

Is that not a thing?

My advice to you is to get over your fear of increased competition. You seem to think the matches at 3k MMR are going to be drastically different than your matches at 2k MMR. That really isn't the case. I have lost tough matches with players who have low levels, no title, no border and I have won lots of games against very intimidating looking players. They have the huge border, the obscure title, the very high level and higher rank. Have confidence in your deck and knowledge of the game.

R3 he has two cards left. He plays kambi then Regis. This game is now lierally. Not funny anymore. Skellige deck. Which youttubu'er came up with this little combo I wonder....

Sadly, this is the way it's going for new players who do not netdeck or even know aout that culture in Gwent. The guy wants to win, to show he is smarter than you or the AI. But what chance does he have if other players with multiple accounts already have very strong decks? The answer is none. As perfectly pointed out by him.

Defend it all you want. People will always talk with their feet and find something else to do other than get owned online by other players.

Top Bottom