Let's Play a Game: Guess the Card (Riddles)

+
Checco515;n9860141 said:
"...why should I be worried about this...'Theodore something' guy being close to the IKEA?"

I made it too convoluted.
I apologize and give the solution.

This is one of the Elven Sage's voice lines.
Facing for the xth time a Spell'tael deck and the xth Sage repeating that line in a row, I said with a loud voice: "F*** This Ted Deireth and the IKEA he's close to!!", and someone listening to me questioned my sanity.:rolleyes:
With a little imagination the voice line might sound: "An IKEA; Ted Deireth is nigh".
'Ted' is the diminutive of 'Theodore', so it might sound like he's a name+surname.
(I thought to name an account "Theodore 'Ted' Deireth" for fun)

I should have worded the riddle as: "...why should I be worried about this...'Ted' guy being close to the IKEA?"

Might as well give the answer to my own riddle.

"The shadow peeks from beneath the eagle's wing."

Take a look at this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooo, great thread!

4RM3D;n9858531 said:
2. Sheldon Cooper

This made me laugh :D

Checco515;n9861071 said:
A hint: IKEA is not meatballs.

It is, kinda, at least in Finland. Yes, they sell furniture too, but everyone talks about IKEA meatballs :D

And here is my card!
Special circumstances always makes me feel strong, no matter where I am. Unless I'm dead.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n9862221 said:
Got a new one:

These lovers are cursed (2 cards).

Iris and Olgierd?

Sunsibar;n9862231 said:
Special circumstances always makes me feel strong, no matter where I am. Unless I'm dead.

Dol Blathanna Protector?

And here's a new one:

Unlike you might think, I don't wake you up.

Sunsibar;n9862231 said:
This made me laugh :D

It is, kinda, at least in Finland. Yes, they sell furniture too, but everyone talks about IKEA meatballs :D

I've heard that before, it's not just a Finnish thing :cool:

4RM3D;n9864641 said:
That's correct. Though, there is an alternative (less obvious) answer possible. Can you guess that one also?

I can sure try to guess. :p

Geralt and Yennefer? They're not cursed per se, but the constant breaking up and returning to one another could be seen as a curse.

RidiculousName;n9865281 said:
I can sure try to guess. :p

Geralt and Yennefer? They're not cursed per se, but the constant breaking up and returning to one another could be seen as a curse.

Thinking in that direction: Triss would rather be the 'cursed' one, because her love to Geralt stays unanswered with little exceptions. Geralt and Yennefer, on the other hand, are living their promiscuous lifestyle by choice.

This knight's intentions were dubious, and his devotion big. This bright headed swordsman experienced failure while serving someone who tolerates none ;)

ser2440;n9865431 said:
This knight's intentions were dubious, and his devotion big. This bright headed swordsman experienced failure while serving someone who tolerates none ;)

Cahir perhaps. If devotion refers to his affection/fascination for Ciri and not to his loyalty for Emhyr.

Top Bottom