Let's Play a Game: Guess the Card (Riddles)

+
ser2440;n9870751 said:
Is it Ifrit, the fire elemental?

DoubleDealer was correct with "Unless you are the chosen one, I will incinerate you! If not that, my gargoyles will finish the job. Who am I?" in page 3, post #34.
It is the Operator, if you played Witcher 2 and got to the secret area, there was a mega boss fight - it shoots fireballs and summons gargoyles (watch it on youtube). Other than that, there is a little hint - sometimes when you play Operator he says: Welcome chosen one

Last edited:
TV_JayArr;n9871081 said:
Some more:

1. I grow in strength with space ......... and beer.

2. He got the obscenest grin in the game.

3. I am not, who I am supposed to be; But as good as forced to do so.

Iuliandrei;n9871241 said:
1. Champion of Champions
2. Radovid
3. Dudu

none of them. Although the Champion of Champions and Dudu are good guesses.
The second part makes it clearer.
I could not chose to take this identity.

ser2440;n9871411 said:
Vilgefortz?

RidiculousName;n9872141 said:
[...]
Cyprian Wiley? :p

I admit there are too many I didn't think of. Those two are good ones, but ...
...think of a more aroused than a mad grin.

ser2440;n9872591 said:
RidiculousName then mayhaps...

Swallow?

So sorry, completely forgot to respond. Your guess is correct! :)

TV_JayArr;n9871081 said:
2. He got the obscenest grin in the game.

How about
Ele'yas?

TV_JayArr;n9871081 said:

Really hard one, but I guess
Toad Prince would make some sense, since he Boosts by Consuming a card (making space) in your hand.

RidiculousName

Both are wrong.

It is a bronze card. And the premium version definitely helps, especially acoustically.

Take "space" literally. The part with the beer refers to his voice line.

Odrin

However regarding the second riddle, if the description fits like 14 cards then maybe you're doing it wrong. This reminds me of my days of playing hangman when i was using relatively short words that had many combinations so whenever someone guessed a letter i'd fall back on another word. What you're describing there is also very subjective, imagine a clue that said "it has the darkest hair in game". This could refer to like a third of characters, there is no way to prove that one's hair is darker than anothers.
And generally i think if your clue fits multiple cards it's fair to go for the first and we have an example just on the first page with the Raging Berserker and Mahakam Marauder. I wanted to make a riddle myself for the Temerian Infantry but it would perfectly fit Blue Mountain Commandos aswell, it would be silly to deny one and accept the other.

Iuliandrei

Thinking of a riddle can be difficult, especially when you're thinking of a certain card and forgot that another card also fits the description. As for the "That what doesn't kill me only makes me stronger" riddle.

Raging Berserker would fit, but it turns into another card and only works once. Mahakam Marauder would fit, but its ability activates under more conditions and gets boosted, not strengthened. This leaves Clan an Craite Greatsword (which you haven't mentioned) as the best solution.

Another interesting case is the "These lovers are cursed (2 cards)" riddle.

From a more obvious standpoint, it would be Olgierd and Iris because they literally have the cursed tag. However, in the Witcher games we learn that Yennefer was put under a curse to love Geralt. This would also fit the description. But I rather see this as a bonus solution because it's the less obvious choice.

Iuliandrei;n9881701 said:
Odrin
However regarding the second riddle, if the description fits like 14 cards then maybe you're doing it wrong. [...]

True, I realised it with the first two guesses on it. I just waited if someone hits the card I was thinking of.
Alba Armored Cavalry
Your assumption for the 1st is wrong.
Odrin needs company to gain value.

got another one. If it's too difficult I'll give some hints :)

when the need arises I will be there. It is what I am waiting for

ser2440;n9885871 said:
when the need arises I will be there. It is what I am waiting for

Dun Banner Light Cavalry because they will automatically appear when you are 20 points behind.

I can pull you up or pull you down, I eat friends for breakfast, I can hit foes who decide to show-up, but I can hit any other enemy all the same. Who am I?

Last edited:
Iuliandrei;n9881701 said:

Sheldon Skaggs

TV_JayArr;n9886371 said:
Champion of Champions ?

No, meaning also it's not the King of Beggers or any others that referes to themselves with a title.
You have to use a different approach.

DoubleDealer;n9888531 said:
Is that a Highlander reference? Because if that's the case, you're probably referring to Olgierd, since he's immortal.

It is a Highlander reference or just a catchphrase that i think it works well here. However while this would be really clever in other situations i think this game should be limited to gwent mechanics/imagery and witcher lore. Wouldn't be fair to expect people to know movies from the 90s in order to solve a riddle :)

Top Bottom