Is ST the Weakest Faction (Every Season)?

+
Is ST the Weakest Faction (Every Season)?

But if you had to pick a weakest faction every season, would it have been ST almost every season since closed beta?

Come on, there were a lot of people saying that ST was weak in closed beta. There were moments when we squirrels ruled the board, and I think some decks, like Spell'tael and Movement are doing pretty well just now. Truth to be told, I think NR had it worse...

Not every season but most of the tine yes. They had pretty op cards and mechanics like ambush but the devs nerfed. However i play always st for fun and for a true challenge

You should specify: at what rank?

I am playing at 13-14 and ST are cool. I win, I lose, I have a lot of fun. :)

my ST mulligan deck goes through ladder like knife through butter. but I don't want to take it too high, so who knows how it works there. I'm not playing to compete, just to get my 3 daily wins. that's usually 3/3 for me.

devivre;n9882471 said:
According to the recent meta report it currently is slightly the weakest one on highest MMR (3700+; still, almost as good as NG) but works well on all lower ranks:
https://gwentup.com/report/17/23
It is. You can tech with other factions and sneak your way beyond 4.2k. Scoia is just pitiful there.
jotunheim92;n9883221 said:
Right now ST is strong. Not OP, but good. I hope for more ambush cards
When your top deck is tier 2 and is your tech answer at the same time, you're having problems.
scorba;n9883601 said:
my ST mulligan deck goes through ladder like knife through butter. but I don't want to take it too high, so who knows how it works there. I'm not playing to compete, just to get my 3 daily wins. that's usually 3/3 for me.
ST Mulligan is probably the weakest archetype in the game now, not just Scoia. I'm happy you're having fun with it, but this deck just gets destroyed by everything.

I wouldn't know what thats like up there either because the most I ever reached was 3.3kish though this was a combination of ST mulligan and eredin monsters that got me there, I have been wondering a lot though, do you not find muzzle to shut down just about every ST cheese strategy that does work well in low elo. Like right now I see a lot of mahakam marauder boost decks which is actually quite an easy deck to do quite well with, and I want spellatael to be good but with so many resets and weakens in the meta now, considering all you need to do is out tempo the ST in round 1 and then play these cards last and shut ST down. So I assume you're playing some sort of hand buff or movement archetype because those are the only ones I consider good currently into the tech cards that are in the mix right now. I think most noteably though I am still missing about 5 key cards to make my deck optimal and I've thrown some reveal nilfgard in the mix this season too so I might hit rank 18 maybe, thats what i'm aiming for.

Last edited:
IMO, no, ST is currently ok faction currently, not the most powerful but not the weakest also. Even though it's my second highest play faction, I believe NR is the weakest out of all faction right now.

Top Bottom