MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (SCOIA'TAEL)

+
TV_JayArr;n9916921 said:
First of all it doesn't state she is an ambush card, that would be part of her tags (Unit,Elf).
Secondly Morenn is not only a 5 point damage card. Those 5 points are meant to deny a units ability; For example Ceallach, a Wild Hunt Navigator, a Priestess of Freya, Wooldand Spirit or Cahir.

Sorry for the confusion. I realized I actually wrote completely wrong. I meant to say "Why would anyone choose Milaen over Morenn?".

Ambush part is just an assumption. They should be adding more ambush units and this looks perfectly like an ambush unit art.

altaybek;n9917061 said:
[...]
Ambush part is just an assumption. They should be adding more ambush units and this looks perfectly like an ambush unit art.

As I said, I think it would already state that it is an ambush card. On top of that it seems not like an ambush card ability-wise. Although I agree that ambush needs a little more diversity; Carefully treated because it should not become random for your opponent to read. 5 ambush cards total would already be a lot.

Do we know if new Isengrim can pull non-Scoia faction specials aswell? I 'm assuming he does since is not specified in the text in some way, although I don't know if that would actually be the case. It could lead to some pretty funny situations if he can tho.

It was said that you can choose between three random silver special cards from the whole gwent collection, so it doesn't may be so super strong, because your choice is randomized and less predictable.

Vatt.ghern;n9918221 said:
Do we know if new Isengrim can pull non-Scoia faction specials aswell? I 'm assuming he does since is not specified in the text in some way, although I don't know if that would actually be the case. It could lead to some pretty funny situations if he can tho.

Just how many ST silver specials do you know?
Only one. Nature's Gift.
So I think it's about all specials in collection: ST, neutral, other's faction. And I can't remember any completely useless silver special...

Last edited:
4RM3D;n9913131 said:
You can choose from 3 randomly selected units/spells.
So basically discover from hearthstone? Welp i can see isengrim:eek: become top tier easily.

frytom;n9918501 said:
It was said that you can choose between three random silver special cards from the whole gwent collection, so it doesn't may be so super strong, because your choice is randomized and less predictable.
You obviously never played hearthstone and the discover cards. Those are some of the most powerful cards in the game.

altaybek;n9912481 said:
aaah ok now it makes sense. actually 13 point control tempo is actually good for a silver. not bad not bad at all..

13 points silver is bad. But at this card it is not said, its only opposite row. so it could be 5 + up to 24 points (depends on armor and strength of units)

Hmm.. who actually is Milaen from the Witcher series? I mean, lore wise. I've tried googling her but for some reason nothing comes up. If anybody could maybe link me some info that would be ace, I'm a sucker for lore.

I just hope gwent won't fall to the rng bs many other ccgs have. What i like the most about this game is how luck don't play such a huge role in the game. I would be disappointed to see this change.

What do you say to the Half-Elf Hunters? According to the updated Card Reveal page, they have 6 base power, which makes them a 12 point play without any requirements, which seems quite high( I believed that the base value of bronzes was 10 or maybe 11). Now they as a bronze card have more direct value than spies.

FG15-ISH7EG;n9921101 said:
What do you say to the Half-Elf Hunters? According to the updated Card Reveal page, they have 6 base power, which makes them a 12 point play without any requirements, which seems quite high( I believed that the base value of bronzes was 10 or maybe 11). Now they as a bronze card have more direct value than spies.

The thing is that several bronze cards can still do significantly better with synergy. For example even Alchemist can provide up to 16 points if you are able to use certain synergies. I'm not sure anyone would want to use a 8 or 10 power card without any other noteworthy ability. And ST isn't a faction where I'm worried about a 12 str. bronze. But sure, in general it would make a 13 str golden Geralt and cards like that even less interesting.

Anyhow we'll see if it stays on that number.

oxiarr;n9921411 said:
Only elves revealed so far. FeelsBadMan hopefully some dwarves revealed next?

I'm pretty optimistic there's something planned for dwarves as well, don't worry :)

devivre;n9921951 said:
[...] n general it would make a 13 str golden Geralt and cards like that even less interesting.

A 12 point bronze is nothing astonishing these days. I think the guideline for a bronze cards value used to be like 8 or 10 at the start of closed beta, don't quote me on that tho.
It is interesting to have two copies, reminds me of the old Commando Neophyte swarm a bit.:grunt:
The problem is not the raw strength of the Half-Elf Hunter, it is that Gwent grew in base points and some cards - like silver spies - seem to have been overlooked by this progress.

So aside from intentional power creep being a bit stupid, what exactly is the point in this card? I assumed in the stream he was supposed to be a handbuff card, and whatever his strength got to be would end up doubled, but now he's only base strength, what exactly is the synergy? Getting out Aelirenn a bit quicker? I'm really confused, it just seems a random and pointless card for Scoiatel to have. Swarm NR or Monsters, yeah but Scoia?

i think if its base it would say pretty important part. As for the new new isengrim card i think most of the time if you choose silver special you will get middle of the road value vs back firing or high rolling choosing unit you can often get dead or bad cards because they need to synergize or are not good

I hope the other factions, especially NG get more of these RNG cards, so that the factional balancing progresses, or older cards get new RNG functions, which makes all factions same in terms of competition. Make all factions the same level in predictability. Ideally this will be the case, when the meta shows allmost all same playing percentage in all ranks.

P.S. The problem is, the more you get more and more additional cards, things like global factional balancing are getting more and more difficult... and might fall apart. Better always new cards? Maybe not, maybe better factional balancing should be priority one.

I hope, we'll see more and faster provided balancing patches in the near future and less new cards. May the developers eliminate more quickly factional dysbalances than it was done in the past.

Last edited:
Dingor;n9918551 said:
Just how many ST silver specials do you know?
Only one. Nature's Gift.
So I think it's about all specials in collection: ST, neutral, other's faction. And I can't remember any completely useless silver special...

I didn't word myself properly. I assumed that he can pull neutral specials besides the faction one(s), I was just wondering if Specials from the other factions are also included in the card pool. Currently those would be Reinforcement-Monster Nest-Treason-Restore. I 'd say it's 50/50 (the first two are excellent, Restore would be straight up dead and Treason could give some funny Muzzle counters but it would be dead aswell, like 90% of the time).

New Isengrim seems strong since there could be scenarios where he pulls specials that you need but you wouldn't normally add in your deck (i.e. getting a D-Bomb against a row full of buffed up Nekkers or sth). Of course the RNG part is unfortunate since there's a lot of variance on the card pool which you have no control over, but he would probably be too strong if you could.

Regarding Half-Elf Hunter, while I would admit that 12 str is slightly below bronze power level atm, no other bronze in the game atm is 12 points with zero requirements. And that's a big deal. You don't need any triggers, just slam this guy down and collect your 12 points. And besides the Saesenthessis/Aelirenn synergy, since you choose the row you spawn his copy, you can get synergy with buff cards like Ale or Horn. He seems extremely good to me.

Vatt.ghern;n9926141 said:
I was just wondering if Specials from the other factions are also included in the card pool.

Probably not because the spawn mechanic has to be consistent across all the factions and cards and if the devs would allow cross faction cards to run unchecked (unlike Dorregaray) then it's only a matter of time until one of them it going to be game-breaking.

Top Bottom