MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (NILFGAARD)

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (NILFGAARD)

As Midwinter draws near, the factions in GWENT rally new allies. More than 100 cards — units, spells, heroes and leaders — will soon be joining the fray. Learn their abilities, strengths and weaknesses, and prepare for battle as we unleash the biggest update in GWENT’s history.

You can view the Nilfgaard cards here.

Which of them would you like to fight beside and which are you afraid to meet on the battlefield?

Last edited by a moderator:
No reveal revealed card....

:look:

Cadaverine venom has an awesome premium animation and it looks to me like a powerful tech card.

Cadaverine is a bit confusing, what defines a "category"? They mentioned SK "clans" and the ST "elf" tag but some units have multiple such tags. Is cursed a category for example? Can a unit be both Cursed and belong to a clan? I think these tags need to be better defined.

Also for the viper school whicher feels like the bonus damage should be an ability, like "At the start of the game, increase the damage by 1 for each alchemy card in your deck", and the tooltip could be updated just like unit STR.

Ooh, new Alchemy synergy. Awesome!

Hmm... building a deck with all Viper school witchers is something I'm definitely going to try. "Double" Letho for the win.

Why do you consider Letho to destroy the UE decks? Right now UE is not played to consume the biggest units and therefore protect the power, he's used for the Harpy synergy. So Letho becomes a 19 point play (still a bit too much) after hitting 8-point UE which I see 90% of the time now.

yeah, the NG alchemy approach kind of interests me as well.

Not so sure what to make of new Letho though, but at least he seems flexible.

Having had a day to think about all the new stuff, I've come to a conclusion.

Letho: Kingslayer will probably be best against NR leaders, because they have Crewman. It also makes sense lore-wise.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Maybe i got the description wrong, as im sure i've done for plenty of these new cards, but the Viper School Witcher seems ridiculously OP for a bronze unit.

I mean, we got golds like Madman Lugos on SK and Bonhart on NG that have the same or less points as this new witcher unit, and allow to do damage based on a discarded or revealed unit, which is typically 7-9 points.

But this bronze witcher does base damage 3, plus 1 for each alchemy unit on your INITIAL deck? That means it does 10 damage with just 7 alchemy cards on your deck, times 3 of those units, with no setup whatsoever!

How is that reasonable? Even with the new increased value for bronzes, it still seems way too powerful (and i actually use a NG witcher deck, so im happy such a card is coming, but it should be more balanced)

During the stream they showed the premium for Hym and its so fucking hitting. Its easily one of my top 5 favorite premiums. The artists need a huge Christmas bonus just for how great of a job they do designing these cards. As a matter of fact the whole team is doing a fantastic job.

We fans really appreciate it CDPR. Thank you ^_^

Armored Cavalry into Slave Driver will be the combo, I think. Sadly, not the Reveal synergy I was thinking/suggesting for them, but maybe the Soldiers Archetype?

... with Xarthisius...

...finally...

... maybe...

partci;n9940931 said:
Armored Cavalry into Slave Driver will be the combo, I think. Sadly, not the Reveal synergy I was thinking/suggesting for them, but maybe the Soldiers Archetype?

... with Xarthisius...

...finally...

... maybe...

The Slave Driver spawn seems to be random, or at least the choice of 3, what the opponent has on top of his deck has no influence.

Top Bottom