MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (MONSTERS)

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (MONSTERS)

As Midwinter draws near, the factions in GWENT rally new allies. More than 100 cards — units, spells, heroes and leaders — will soon be joining the fray. Learn their abilities, strengths and weaknesses, and prepare for battle as we unleash the biggest update in GWENT’s history.

You can view the Monsters cards here.

Which of them would you like to fight beside and which are you afraid to meet on the battlefield?

Last edited by a moderator:
Werewolf

Immune. Strenghten by 7 on contact with Moonlight.

So there will be 3 "immune" 14 str bronze cards in game? What? Can they be weakened or get locked to remove immunity? I get they can't be damaged or Scorched but there should be a way to remove them right?

altaybek;n9911581 said:
I get they can't be damaged or Scorched but there should be a way to remove them right?

Scorch is not a targeted effect and should still work. AoE damage also still works.

4RM3D;n9911631 said:
Scorch is not a targeted effect and should still work. AoE damage also still works.

Well i hope it does. If it's gonna be like "immune" siege machine in Saovine event that would be way too much. Also we need to know what "Moonlight" is and how it triggers to foresee all possibilities.

Just reveal them dammit.

This new gold crow u sure out that ? 4str gold round 1 playing other silver crowns that is buffed by 2 and pulling other 2 together with roach like 4+6+6+2+8+4=30e?

Relict archetype seems like it will be similar Monsters' Veteran build (judging from new Crone). Liked it. It's a category that should have been expanded long ago.

Since Weavess is getting a Gold card, I'm guessing it's only reasonably to assume Brewess and Whispess will get one, too. I like the Relict synergy; it makes sense.

Striga and Werewolf certainly seem interesting, even though "Moonlight" is a mystery (may have been on the stream; haven't had time to watch yet).

thank you, thank you for at least greatly expanding the card pool. this only means less stale metas every patch until more game modes come in. BIG LIKE

Striga looks like a great removal, interesting how it's better than Nithral in pretty much every aspect. I expect Nithral to get a rework in this case. Notice that there haven't been 2 cards of the same type and rarity in the same faction so far.

Weavess is interesting - it can be either used to pull Crones for a huge opening, or it can be used in the Fiend/Ghoul archetype. I'm not sure if she strengthens the relicts in the deck or hand as well (she should, to be honest). If that's the case - Ghouls will be 13 str plays, which is great already, and then you would be able to consume them with Ghoul for 17 point swings. Might become a viable archetype if it gets more attention, we'll see.

The biggest question is: does Weavess buff the cards on the table, in hand and deck or just the table. If she buffs all relicts regardless of where they are, this alone could make relict archetype good, imo.

The text says allies, so i think she will buff only the relicts on the table. This way she could be used in two ways: as an opening, to mill the silver crones; like a buff card, first playing fiend and then boosting them.

About the striga and Nithral, i never liked the latter. Lore-wise he should be (very) inferior to Adda. Gameplay is a different matter, but i would prefer a totally different ability for him. For example summoning on the play a wild hunt card of our choice from our deck (and boosting it?). This way he wouldn't be outclassed and at the same time more "lore-friendly". After all he is pretty much a navigator, and he would create sinergy with his bronze cousins. About Eredin it would be the chance to modify his ability. Something like a double choice: ice meteor like in the boss battle or a duel ability with more strength and armor. He is more the fighting guy type.

The werewolf and the immune tag....and I left Magic for Gwent because i grew sick of the bogles and the hexproofs...

HenryGrosmont;n9914591 said:
The biggest question is: does Weavess buff the cards on the table, in hand and deck or just the table. If she buffs all relicts regardless of where they are, this alone could make relict archetype good, imo.

The general rule is that it applies to the board, unless it's mentioned otherwise.

lonberk;n9914851 said:
The text says allies, so i think she will buff only the relicts on the table. This way she could be used in two ways: as an opening, to mill the silver crones; like a buff card, first playing fiend and then boosting them.

Iuliandrei;n9914861 said:
The general rule is that it applies to the board, unless it's mentioned otherwise.
Makes it an underwhelming gold then. I mean, look at the Tuirseach Veteran. The relicts are still bad, I guess...

It depends by the unrevelead cards. "Moonlight" suggest something connected to relicts, so apart from Weavess and the werewolf we could wait something more. Maybe...

It is also possible a rework of fiend and wyvern. They both require a specific category card in the hand to be useful, otherwise they are sub-optimal and useless in the meta. And this from the beginning of the closed beta

Weavess and that "strenghten ally relicts" must be a typo, or the "ally" mechanics has changed. Otherwise its first ability is pretty useless.

RidiculousName;n9913601 said:
Since Weavess is getting a Gold card, I'm guessing it's only reasonably to assume Brewess and Whispess will get one, too. I like the Relict synergy; it makes sense.

Striga and Werewolf certainly seem interesting, even though "Moonlight" is a mystery (may have been on the stream; haven't had time to watch yet).

It would be very cool if each Crone had a Gold version taking care of a different Monster archetype.

Weavess helps the Relict, perhaps Whispess will take care of the Cursed and Brewess...Necrophages? Beasts?

Moonlight will probably be a Boon, bathe a row with it to make some monsters get a bonus.

I like where things are going :p

Weavess could be interesting but that will probably depend on what other relict cards will be added.

Honestly, the revealed cards for Monsters have been my least favorite. They just seem rather weak compared to what the other factions got. Might be just me though.

The problem is that they imply new cards in the meta to be useful. We know little about "Moonlight (Shadow ♪♪)", so we can't judge werewolf. Weavess would require new relicts or some reworks of the old ones. The Striga seems good.

RidiculousName;n9913601 said:
Since Weavess is getting a Gold card, I'm guessing it's only reasonably to assume Brewess and Whispess will get one, too.

This was also my first thought when I saw that new card : )

Top Bottom