MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (MONSTERS)

+
Alright, I can confirm that Weavess strenghtens all relicts in your deck, hand and on your side of the board. Luigi said that during the stream, I rewatched it now to make sure.

Yep Deatwish Crone Brewess is here. Still not so preferable imo. We should see how deatwish units gonna change though...

RidiculousName;n9940671 said:
Now the question is, what archetype/tag will Whispess' Gold card support...

I'm hoping for weather, or if Wyvern stays the same, draconids.

altaybek;n9940751 said:

Brewess kind of pulls double duty. Nekkers are the cornerstone of consume and she can rez them. The nekker train will be even more difficult to stop.

Last edited:
quantum_number;n9940801 said:
I'm hoping for weather, or if Wyvern stays the same, draconids.

I totally forgot Draconids. Yeah that would be fun to boost that archetype. Dragon deck should be a thing.

altaybek;n9940751 said:
Consume? Something similar to a mix between Kayran and UE?

Could be, although based on lore I would've expected Brewess to get any Consume synergy. We'll see. :)

quantum_number;n9940801 said:
if Wyvern stays the same, draconids.

This would be an interesting option, especially now that Slyzards have been added so there's more Draconid variety. And for all we know, more could be coming... Forktails for example have yet to enter standalone Gwent.

Never thought that I would say this, but that Parasite card art is so gross :D Which, I assume, was the very purpose of it. So it's a job well done!

Luckily it's not a unit that stays on the board :D

What does "immune" do? Depending on how moonlight mechanic works, Werewolf could be really scary 14 power + benefits bronze. If there is anyway to rez it into moonlight again, it would be 21 power since it strengthens instead of boosts. Even having a 14 power bronze in the graveyard is scary with necrophage or something. I think werewolf is a card to watch.

The Whispering Hillock seems quite underwhelming for a leader and Adda isn't that great either, it seems the line between a Leader and a generic gold card starts to blur.
I'm curious if they change Eredin to use the new Spawn mechanic and if not maybe Leaders could be unique in the sense that they would have access to all cards, maybe reliability is what makes them leaders.

Hmm... Whispering Hillock doesn't say "Bronze or Silver", so presumably she will be able to Spawn Gold Organic cards - which currently means Wolfsbane. Parasite will combo nicely with her.
Cool but creepy character, and that art is just amazing.

Same goes for Golyat, who I'm guessing will be used as a finisher or snack for Toad Prince. Unless Monsters get some kind of self-damage synergy, which doesn't seem too likely.

RidiculousName;n9957701 said:
Same goes for Golyat, who I'm guessing will be used as a finisher or snack for Toad Prince. Unless Monsters get some kind of self-damage synergy, which doesn't seem too likely.

More likely he won't be used at all.

Hey, CD Projekt. I just wanted to say that the new monsters leader fits very well in the game's lore, but i also suggest an idea not to change the ability, but to rename the new card from the current "The Whispering Hillock" to more individual and lore-friendly name "The Black Mara". I think that many of the witcher universe fans who know lore pretty well will be glad to see the new and more original version of the character's name instead of the simple and boring one that it has now.

Top Bottom