MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (MONSTERS)

+
In the newest video, you can see that Ekimmara has 5 strength and Drains an enemy by 3. So it seems that all the vampires are really still in the game.
Ancient Foglet is now 10 strength.
Dagon can now only spawn Fog or Rain, but has 8 strength.

Not surprised to see Alghoul and Forktail enter the game; especially Forktail was a rather obvious missing card.

Ice Troll is pretty cool (pun not intended), as is the Werecat.
Never expected the latter to get added; since it's mentioned in one voiceline, should we also expect to see (in the distant future) the Kraken from another voiceline? :p

Alright so I’m a little confused. Are vampires getting their own faction? Unseen Elder seems to be getting replaced with Arachas Queen, Katakan with Alghoul, and Ekimara with Barbegazi. So with the rumored Detlaff leader card and the devs saying the next big update is for vampires, is it safe to assume they’re getting spun off into their own faction?

Seeing as I don’t see any new Wild Hunt cards yet for the upcoming patch, should I take this as a sign they’re getting spun off into their own faction as well, as Eredin and company seem more and more out of place among the monsters.

Apologies if any of this has already been revealed elsewhere and I missed it.

Last edited:
I mentioned a while ago that the line between leaders and gold cards starts to get blurred, now it seems the line between leaders and bronze cards is blurred aswell. Arachas queen as leader? seriously?
I see leaders as important game/lore characters but this one i don't think it's even sentient.

Zack723;n10030681 said:
Alright so I’m a little confused. Are vampires getting their own faction?

No, but they are getting their on archetype within the Monsters faction.

AHAHAHAHAHA... My consume deck no longer has the relevant leader.

PS: For anyone else that talks before he checks, Arachas Queen is earned in the challenges.

PPS: Scratch that, I've already done the challenges so doing them again gets me no Arachas Queen.

Last edited:
Zack723;n10059651 said:
What's the difference exactly?

A faction can have multiple archetypes, for Monsters, e.g. Consume, Frost, Moonlight, etc.

Vampires do not have their own faction, they still belong to Monsters.

I don't know how to feel about the new Monsters cards. I'm not a great deck builder by any stretch of the imagination, and I struggle to put together anything meaningful except a Fiend meme deck that performs poorly because it has no bronze units except Fiends, but I see no obvious combos, such as Nekkers + Nekker Warriors, or Vran Warriors and Harpy Eggs.

I'm glad Monsters was clearly included as part of the massive rework in the update, but I feel like once again I see no real tier 1 potential. It's not like other factions didn't get new toys as well, and I'm wondering if Monsters will finally step out of the ditch it fell into during Saovine.

Top Bottom