Is the game becoming a bad copy of Hearthstone?

+

Raunbjorn

Is the game becoming a bad copy of Hearthstone?

Sorry for the short post and for possibly sounding a bit ranty but I'm genuinely (a word Merchant uses way too often lol) asking what separates the game from HS with the new patch coming up? The units aren't tied to a row anymore, the discover mechanic is coming to Gwent as is the Duel mechanic which basically just works like when you mash your units into your opponents' if I understand it right? Also you can only have a limited amount of units on a row now just like in HS.

I'm a big fan of Gwent and how generous the game is, I just feel like the game is about to lose it's identity. I know the patch haven't even been released yet but this is a Gwent forum so yeah, I don't see a problem taking about an upcoming patch - which also happens to be the largest we've seen yet.

Have faith, you seen only 20% of the cards. I think some rng cards will be for a new mod, as devs said in previous stream and are not for ranked purpose, though you can use them in ranked.

Rows have a limit now? What? Do you have like a source? Besides, you're just on the bandwagon. There's ALWAYS so much complaining for updates before they actually hit, it's just ridiculous.

Raunbjorn

OG.laloquaint;n9938051 said:
Rows have a limit now? What? Do you have like a source? Besides, you're just on the bandwagon. There's ALWAYS so much complaining for updates before they actually hit, it's just ridiculous.

I'm assuming that cause of the Peasant Militia card. Bandwagon? Nah, I'm just not a fanboy like you ;) In all seriousness though, this is just my own opinion I haven't read a lot of others comments on the upcoming patch.

Hydrahead;n9938161 said:
I'm assuming that cause of the Peasant Militia card. Bandwagon? Nah, I'm just not a fanboy like you ;) In all seriousness though, this is just my own opinion I haven't read a lot of others comments on the upcoming patch.

I think "fill" just means spawning a lot of units, don't take it literally lol. It'd be dumb for rows to have a max. I know that so many cards are now agile because CDPR wants to change something about the rows. Giving them more importance because right now they don't really matter.

Regarding the RNG cards; it was bound to happen. You also have the choice of not using them, you know? They also just seem to be cards that are aimed at the new game mode. Some of them have two abilities, some of those seem to rely less on RNG. Like playing a Cursed unit with Hym, was it?

I just think you should wait for the actual update instead of making assumptions of cards that aren't even in the game yet.

Around 109 cards and they hinted on a mode or two as well. How can You be not excited???? As OG said - wait for the update to drop before you make negative assumptions about it.

Guest 4226291

OG.laloquaint;n9938051 said:

The source is that Peasant Militia’s effect says “fill the row with peasants” and the fact that a mobile version is coming out. Yeah god forbid anyone provide feedback to legitimate problems like removing the games fundamental uniqueness by adding RNG cards and removing forced row placement and adding limits to those rows now.

Raunbjorn

EternalJxx;n9939231 said:
The source is that Peasant Militia’s effect says “fill the row with peasants” and the fact that a mobile version is coming out. Yeah god forbid anyone provide feedback to legitimate problems like removing the games fundamental uniqueness by adding RNG cards and removing forced row placement and adding limits to those rows now.

Exactly! I'm not complaining or being negative at all. I'm just "worried" that the game will lose it's identity that's all. And yeah, I'm just giving my point of view. If we aren't allowed to do that then what else is there? ;) Again I'm a fan of the game, that's why I'm spending time on this forum anyway.

EternalJxx;n9939231 said:
god forbid anyone provide feedback to legitimate problems like removing the games fundamental uniqueness by adding RNG cards and removing forced row placement and adding limits to those rows now.

There has always been RNG in Gwent, they're just adding more of it. Can that even be considered feedback when none of you haven't used the cards yet lol? I just got done watching the stream so yeah, apparently rows do have limits now. Still, we don't know exactly what that will do to the game or how it works exactly.

OG.laloquaint;n9938691 said:
I think "fill" just means spawning a lot of units, don't take it literally lol. It'd be dumb for rows to have a max. I know that so many cards are now agile because CDPR wants to change something about the rows. Giving them more importance because right now they don't really matter.

It's quite funny because you say this at every patch, every time you're proven wrong and this doesn't seem to bother you at all :)

Anyway my identity problem with Gwent has nothing to do with anything come this patch, and certainly people didn't favor this game because rows have no limit. What i seen as a departure from the original game is the amount of interaction with the opponent's side. I didn't mind Scorch, it's a clever card, alzur's against certain cards that can snowball or resets, but i feel we reached a point where there's too much damage and destruction.
I think synergies are the best part of the game, yet now you can slot most of your cards to destroy the enemy units. It's really no fun playing against the old spell ST that relied on weather, or those bloody baron Radovid decks that focused on destroying every single unit on your side. I feel this game is going deeper in that direction which is not what attracted me to Gwent.

Raunbjorn

OG.laloquaint;n9939461 said:
There has always been RNG in Gwent, they're just adding more of it. Can that even be considered feedback when none of you haven't used the cards yet lol? I just got done watching the stream so yeah, apparently rows do have limits now. Still, we don't know exactly what that will do to the game or how it works exactly.

He didn't say that there wasn't RNG in Gwent before?

Yes, it can be considered feedback, expressing your thoughts on a subject.

Congratulations on watching the stream! We can now discuss the matter on equal terms. ;)

Peace out!

Let's wait until we know the full extent of the next patch. After all there might be a lot of changes to existing cards as well.
Just because Gwent implements elements that may seem similar to HS doesn't make it a clone.

IMO both games are pretty different from each other. Judging from the card reveals so far I doubt that will change. We'll see.

OG.laloquaint;n9940061 said:
Say what exactly?

Not sure about a weather comment long time ago but i recall quite well your comment about the latest Harald change.

Anyway, rows will have a max limit, it's a matter of time for the official announcement.

Iuliandrei;n9940991 said:
Not sure about a weather comment long time ago but i recall quite well your comment about the latest Harald change.

Anyway, rows will have a max limit, it's a matter of time for the official announcement.

I mean, I'm literally just guessing what I think will happen, it's not like I'm some sort of fortune-teller lmao. Like just now I was wrong about the rows. Don't see why it should bother me. I am slightly concerned about that change, but I won't start to make assumptions until we have more details about it.

I love Gwent and i'm excited about the patch, but the insane amount of rng cards i've seen in the 40 revealed really worries me. I've left hearthstone because i was sick of winning and losing depending on lady luck.
I want to win (or lose) because i deserved it, because i've outskilled my opponent. Not because i've hitted the jackpot on some Yogg or Babblin Book or bs like that. With cards like Dijkstra we already have more than what i'd like to see, and they are adding even more...

Guest 4226291

DMaster2;n9941301 said:
I love Gwent and i'm excited about the patch, but the insane amount of rng cards i've seen in the 40 revealed really worries me. I've left hearthstone because i was sick of winning and losing depending on lady luck.
I want to win (or lose) because i deserved it, because i've outskilled my opponent. Not because i've hitted the jackpot on some Yogg or Babblin Book or bs like that. With cards like Dijkstra we already have more than what i'd like to see, and they are adding even more...

I’m considering leaving Gwent for this very reason. It isn’t as fun or unique anymore. Dropping the forced row mechanics, row limits now, an obscene amount of random spawn cards, even more enemy interaction makes it feel like the game is more about just destroying their units then getting more points, and now all the other changes. I don’t really like the direction the game is heading in, and I feel like it’s only going to keep going like this. I don’t really mind Dijkstra, but the stupid “spawn a random card from this category” where it gives you a choice of three is dumb. And I’ll be honest, the “Choose One:...” abilities I think are stupid. Cards always had one ability and were balanced around that. Having more than one ability makes balancing even harder and also one ability will almost always be used over the other, the only exception I think is Zoltan: Animal Tamer.

OG.laloquaint;n9938691 said:

Regarding the RNG cards; it was bound to happen. You also have the choice of not using them, you know? They also just seem to be cards that are aimed at the new game mode. Some of them have two abilities, some of those seem to rely less on RNG. Like playing a Cursed unit with Hym, was it?

I just think you should wait for the actual update instead of making assumptions of cards that aren't even in the game yet.

Everyone is saying that rows will have a limit. It makes sense.

Is a row limit really a problem anyway? Assuming it's a reasonable number.

Ok if the row limit was.. five, that would be terrible. But if it was thirty? I think I've only ever had one game ever where an opponent filled up their rows a LOT.

Top Bottom