Is the game becoming a bad copy of Hearthstone?

+

Guest 4226291

Legendarum;n9941641 said:
Is a row limit really a problem anyway? Assuming it's a reasonable number.

Ok if the row limit was.. five, that would be terrible. But if it was thirty? I think I've only ever had one game ever where an opponent filled up their rows a LOT.

It will probably be no more than 10. They’re trying to make a mobile version of it so it needs a row limit but honestly that’s so stupid imo

Raunbjorn

God this game... And I just wasted a lot of money on it before the news about the patch lol. It's turning into a bad RNG fiesta. If you guys know of an alternative to Gwent feel free to message me! <3

Guys spawn is not rng. I saw a lot of people saying in chat RNG but you choose between 3 cards. is like discover from hearthstone so is not total RNG Fiesta.
We should wait for the patch and actually see the cards in play.

alexmanelistu;n9957061 said:
Guys spawn is not rng. I saw a lot of people saying in chat RNG but you choose between 3 cards. is like discover from hearthstone so is not total RNG Fiesta.
We should wait for the patch and actually see the cards in play.
Oh spawn is not rng. And who decides the 3 options then? I definitely don't choose which card i will see, like i didn't choosed in discover from hearthstone.
Are you guys even serious?

Yeah i have the same fear that it transfer into a other HS copy ... its very sad that now all units are agile.

I did not say that is not a problem, but I think the devs know what are they doing. I know those guys are not making so big changes (in a bad way it seems) without a good reason.

Raunbjorn

alexmanelistu;n9960111 said:
I did not say that is not a problem, but I think the devs know what are they doing. I know those guys are not making so big changes (in a bad way it seems) without a good reason.

The reason is money. They want to reach a broader audience by dumbing down the game and by making it playable on mobile.

alexmanelistu;n9960111 said:
I know those guys are not making so big changes (in a bad way it seems*) without a good reason

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the Gold Immunity change. I just hope that this time they get it (mostly) right on the first try.

*bold is mine.

Raunbjorn

quantum_number;n9961201 said:
I would agree with you if it wasn't for the Gold Immunity change. I just hope that this time they get it (mostly) right on the first try.

*bold is mine.

There is a big difference between making gold cards destroyable and implementing a shitload of RNG cards into the game.

Let's see how long it'll take for Lifecoach to stop making tournaments cause of all the RNG in Gwent. I'm not a fan of the dude tbh, but we have one thing in common: We left hearthstone for Gwent cause there was way less RNG in the game. It actually felt satisfying when you won and if you lost a game most of the time it was because of your own missplays. I also like the non flashiness about Gwent. I'd take a "boring" game where you can predict most of the plays over a game where an 8/8 dragon hits all the wrong targets any day.

Hydrahead;n9961261 said:
There is a big difference between making gold cards destroyable and implementing a shitload of RNG cards into the game

Maybe I wasn't clear. I consider the Gold Immunity change a disaster that the game is still reeling from. It was implemented in a half-ass manner and none of the gold cards it rendered useless have been changed to accommodate this shift.

So in my post I was stating that I'm not very hopeful about these new changes and that whatever ends up not working out will be fixed swiftly.

Last edited:
The changes to more rng, all agile and row limits is realy mutch and i think gwent lose some of his unique parts with it.
We have to wait till the patch release but it just looks like Gwent changes to be more like other card games and i leaved other card games for gwent because i liked the differences.

Last edited:
VerumRex;n9976871 said:
it's slowly going that road, since the RNG is worse and worse

My opinion as well. And, imho, like any other f2p game out there they need a lot of apparent RNG to control the game so to please the donors. Hoped that they will take another path, but no. I guess a game where people are ranked upon their skills without any luck involved is not very beneficial from the business point of view.

And yes, patch by patch, the "RNG" is worse and worse. Coin flip, matchmaking, cards drawing...all looks like being random but imho a large part of matches are heavily scripted. If I play against deck type A "scissors" I barely get rocks from my deck...first I am served with papers. Then against deck B "papers" I am getting plenty of rocks. All in all there is a strong feeling of RNG, but at a closer look over a number of games anyone can see the patterns. Quite obvious in ranked games, less in casual.

And if you genuinely think no company would do that go search the patent a major video-games company was granted by US Pattent Office for an algorithm which is rewarding players with favorable matchmaking after each micro-transaction. Patent was granted on 17th October 2017.

I really feel pity for this...I was really hoping for a game of skills not for another HS or Eternal.

This game is vastly different from Hearthstone in one fundamental (and blatant) way: it is still in beta, lol. There is so much more tweaking to be done. Also, Hearthstone don't give a shit about their community or they wouldn't release such incredibly stupid cards. I came from playing Yugioh, arguably the most exploitative card game in existence, and even though it has no RNG or coinflips, I consider Gwent a vastly superior game even if it is going in that direction.

CDPR listen to us (well, to Merchant/ Swim/ all of the other streamers) and they make changes within hours of their recommendations. The tweet asking what we think of the new leaders got dozens of negative responses which will undoubtedly trigger changes. Add to this the fact that, unlike Blizzard, CDPR clearly aren't in this to bleed their fans dry. The reward system is too community-oriented for that. Increasing the amount of randomness in the game is lazy, perhaps, but it is a fairly natural progression in a game that does not have set rotations and the mechanics of which are based purely on numbers.

Echoing what others have said, let's wait and see what they come up with. They already gave us an original concept for a card game in a world full of mana, I bet they can create a balanced Spawn.

Guys wait till the patch, rng based cards will not be played much in ranked, they are here for new mode so calm down till patch go live

Raunbjorn

Weevil89;n9977281 said:
This game is vastly different from Hearthstone in one fundamental (and blatant) way: it is still in beta, lol. There is so much more tweaking to be done. Also, Hearthstone don't give a shit about their community or they wouldn't release such incredibly stupid cards. I came from playing Yugioh, arguably the most exploitative card game in existence, and even though it has no RNG or coinflips, I consider Gwent a vastly superior game even if it is going in that direction.

CDPR listen to us (well, to Merchant/ Swim/ all of the other streamers) and they make changes within hours of their recommendations. The tweet asking what we think of the new leaders got dozens of negative responses which will undoubtedly trigger changes. Add to this the fact that, unlike Blizzard, CDPR clearly aren't in this to bleed their fans dry. The reward system is too community-oriented for that. Increasing the amount of randomness in the game is lazy, perhaps, but it is a fairly natural progression in a game that does not have set rotations and the mechanics of which are based purely on numbers.

Echoing what others have said, let's wait and see what they come up with. They already gave us an original concept for a card game in a world full of mana, I bet they can create a balanced Spawn.

That's the problem. They listen to Swim and Merchant lol. They wanted the discover mechanic in Gwent which is horrible for the game IMO. Yes, it's still in beta but that doesn't make it any less weird that they completely changed direction with all this RNG. And I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about a "natural progression" when it's comes the increasing amount of RNG? Doesn't seem natural to me at all...

This is purely my own speculation but I think the community (at least most guys) don't like the new direction. It's a couple of streamers who routed for that. But what do I know?

Top Bottom