How Does Create (Spawn) Work?

+
How Does Create (Spawn) Work?

So it appears that "Spawn" is now "Create."

From what I understand, Create means that you'll literally be creating the card into the game. There are certain parameters for Create though. If I remember correctly, Create is now limited to that card's faction and neutral cards between the given parameter. You also get to pick between three cards.

A good example is Adda. She will Spawn/Create a Bronze or Silver Cursed unit. So she could spawn one of the new NR Cursed units or Olgierd since he is neutral. If this is the case, I think it's a good way to minimize the randomness of cards which is healthy. I hope this topic clears things up. If I'm wrong about something please let me know. Also, if you're playing the PTR, let us know if this information is incorrect so I can update it as soon as possible, thank you.

Last edited:
You get 3 choices, randomly chosen between all the bronze and silver cursed units in the game.

Vatt.ghern;n9958931 said:
You get 3 choices, randomly chosen between all the bronze and silver cursed units in the game.

It's not limited to Northern Realms units? So you could get a Skellige card or a Neutral card?

In the stream they talked about the potential of getting Morkvarg with Adda so it seems for now cross-faction picks are possible. It might be changed later tho.

Vatt.ghern;n9959031 said:
In the stream they talked about the potential of getting Morkvarg with Adda so it seems for now cross-faction picks are possible. It might be changed later tho.

Oh man... well thank you. I see why people were complaining about RNG now lol.

I think it was good you opened this topic, especially with so many units spawning something now.
As i understood spawn will now mean that it gives you a choice of 3 random units from the total pool of units satisfying certain parameter. (ie machine, cursed, soldier, opponent's soldier...).
However there is still some stuff unclear. In particular with units spawning from a category that spans across factions. For example can NR cursed spawner call up Morkvarg as well? If such things are the case results could be really really unpredictable and pool from 3 are given to choose really big making it serious RNG IMO.

I am also curious will Avalach the sage also get 3 options to choose from now?
Maybe someone is willing to make a full list of cards that spawn something and which kind of spawning it is (choose 3 or something else like eredin)? I have a feeling it would be a long list...:)

In the stream they also said they might change the Spawn keyword to something new since now it's a bit confusing (to say the least) with the current Spawn keyword.

nemirni;n9959081 said:
I think it was good you opened this topic, especially with so many units spawning something now.
As i understood spawn will now mean that it gives you a choice of 3 random units from the total pool of units satisfying certain parameter. (ie machine, cursed, soldier, opponent's soldier...).
However there is still some stuff unclear. In particular with units spawning from a category that spans across factions. For example can NR cursed spawner call up Morkvarg as well? If such things are the case results could be really really unpredictable and pool from 3 are given to choose really big making it serious RNG IMO.

I am also curious will Avalach the sage also get 3 options to choose from now?
Maybe someone is willing to make a full list of cards that spawn something and which kind of spawning it is (choose 3 or something else like eredin)? I have a feeling it would be a long list...:)

I think Avallach: The Sage should stay the same, otherwise he'd be too powerful.

I think CDPR should consider minimizing the spawn "parameter" for certain cards to reduce the randomness from them honestly. Right now it seems TOO random lol.

Vatt.ghern;n9959121 said:
In the stream they also said they might change the Spawn keyword to something new since now it's a bit confusing (to say the least) with the current Spawn keyword.

Hopefully. On reddit rethaz good a lot backlash for saying something like "it's not really confusing", which is false, if you read in a few topics about that content.

For Spawn: Old spawn will be still the same as now, new spawn will be... well... the new "choose from 3 cards".

OG.laloquaint;n9959021 said:
It's not limited to Northern Realms units? So you could get a Skellige card or a Neutral card?

You can (among other cards) get Udalrik (a silver spy), Toad Prince, Skjall (what is more fun than a midlow body tutor into another one), Iris, Olgierd, Morkvarg, Lubberkin and/or Botchling. (Currently the chance to get at least 1 of those would be above 74%).

InkognitoXI;n9961571 said:
You can (among other cards) get Udalrik (a silver spy), Toad Prince, Skjall (what is more fun than a midlow body tutor into another one), Iris, Olgierd, Morkvarg, Lubberkin and/or Botchling. (Currently the chance to get at least 1 of those would be above 74%).

But surely, you would use Adda if you're using the new Cursed units for Northern Realms. So in Skjall's case he'd be kinda useful since he would play a Cursed unit from your deck. But yeah, it really sucks how it could be anything from the game lol.

Top Bottom