too many rare cards, not enough common.

+
too many rare cards, not enough common.

With a quick count using the database, there are currently 62 common cards and 92 rare cards in the game. As well as about 108 Epic. I didn't count the Legendary cards. All the revealed bronze cards from the new Midwinter update are all rare in terms of rarity and we all know we are getting a lot more golds and silvers too.

Isn't that a bit overwhelming? I am tired of seeing the same cards over and over in kegs. Besides, as the name says, common should be the most prevalent type of cards, not the least prevalent one. And at least the number of Epic cards is offset by the fact that you only need one of each type, the main problem is the massive amount of rares. I get that not every bronze card is the same but let's lower the standard that separates Common from Rare a little bit, some really good bronze cards are common anyway (Elven Wardancer, Kaedweni Siege Master).

In the long run, this is also what encourages new players to mill every faction they don't want to use and focus on one of them as well, reducing the diversity of decks, increasing the amount of people who play archetypes even in casual. I have no problem with netdeckers, facing them or whatever, but it all ends up taking immensely long without a sufficient amount of common cards which can be found in kegs.

My suggestion is simple. Turn a suitable amount of rare cards into common. Speeds things up in terms of collecting but not too much to be too fast, considering we have about 115 new cards coming along which will give a massive boost to the card pool and especially the rare and legendary card pool. Increases diversity as well.

This is all feedback gathered after 700 hours of game time in the open beta only (and about 100 in the closed beta) and 23 different decks, only 7 - 8 of which are as "complete" as I'd like them. The rest are either invalid (less than 25 cards) or lack a key gold/silver and I've had to substitute. In the long run it reduces the value of kegs as well, which is the main source of income for CDPR from this game

I completly agree with you. After the patch comes out, there will be about 140 rare cards, but only 63 common cards (I counted too). There were a total of 49 rare cards at the start of Open Beta. If all of them would become common, there would be 102 commons and 91 rares, which is a better ratio.

partci

Forum veteran
If it wasn't on the stream it was on a podcast with Merchant, where Burza said that there will be new cards added in the Common Section, which will come with the adjustments to a lot of the old (and unusable) cards.

adjustments are good and necessary :) right now common seems to work as the defining trait of usable Bronze cards, compared to unusable ones. While some good common cards exist as I mentioned above, most are really nowhere near the rares. So some adjustment will be necessary, aside from adding common cards.

Thanks for the info :) I hope it is an adequate number

This is a non-issue, as many cards currently rares will probably be changed to common to adjust the ratio to an acceptable level.

But in that case i want a full refund of 80 scraps for rares turned into common for few days. Many ppl crafted rares to get them 3 copys for meta decks etc. :)

Kingoko;n9972441 said:
But in that case i want a full refund of 80 scraps for rares turned into common for few days. Many ppl crafted rares to get them 3 copys for meta decks etc. :)

While obviously it would be good for us, you must admit it is a little too much to ask.

Full refund is a must but full refund of a new price, so refund of 30 scraps.

It makes most sense, since you would already get 30 scraps if you milled those cards, so you lose nothing from the change.

quite ironic how "rares" are more common than commons for the past 4 patches lol
technically ratio of common to rare should be at least 2 to 1 as it used to be some where close to that when game was about to hit open beta.

Update. I just noticed the "Mahakam Volunteers" are rare. They take 80 scraps to craft. This is absurd!

Even the Elven Saboteurs are common :eek: and they have an extra ability aside from the muster (whenever they are moved, they boost self by 2).

I edited all my starter decks so I didn't get any new ones. I don't have that muster group

Top Bottom