Losing Coin Flip + Spy

+
What about giving the spies the condition that they have to be placed next to a (non-spying) unit. This would remove some interactions, which are not optimal in my opinion.
You can't just play a spying unit on an empty board, you can't play it directly into weather if there isn't a different unit already in it, you can't play it on an else empty row to utilize it with Crow's Eye.
Beneath the fact that it would constrict spies more to their primary use that you get 1 card advantage in return for a huge point increase for your opponent, it would make sense lore wise, as spies can only spy anything if there is indeed something to spy.

Also, their strength should be increased, but not directly, instead on deploy such that they can't be utilized by cards that benefit from huge strength cards in your hand, like Spear and Wyvern Shield.

FG15-ISH7EG;n10003971 said:
What about giving the spies the condition that they have to be placed next to a (non-spying) unit. [...] Beneath the fact that it would constrict spies more to their primary use that you get 1 card advantage in return for a huge point increase for your opponent [...]

That wouldn't solve the issue when you've won the first round with one card down, but the opponent has carry-over, in which case you actually need to use the spy to regain equal grounds as opposed to having an empty board, where you can dry-pass just as easily, making your solution not suitable to fix the primary problem. <= That was actually one sentence.

Sorry, but I probably missunderstood your problem.
If you have won the first round with 1 card down, but the opponent has carry-over, you can still play a spy as normal, because the carry-over is a non spying unit and therefore the spy can be placed next to it.

FG15-ISH7EG

No, I understood you. What I wanted to explain is that there is no point in playing a spy on an empty board after you've won the round because you can just as easily dry-pass. Spies actually get the most value from being played on a non-empty board, which means your suggestion doesn't really change anything.

The Silver Spies mechanic must be absolutely changed and their power must be set at at least 15. At the very least they are now worth the vanilla Bronze power, which is just not right. Also the distinction of 11/12 STR between some of them is nonsense.

as far as the strength, i still don't understand why they aren't at least at 16...

Because STR 20 Spotters, STR 16 Venendal Elites and STR 21 Toads, that's why! Buffing the spies won't work at all. The problem lies in the coin flip. That's what should be fixed.

ser2440;n10008811 said:
Because STR 20 Spotters, STR 16 Venendal Elites and STR 21 Toads, that's why! Buffing the spies won't work at all. The problem lies in the coin flip. That's what should be fixed.

This can easily be fixed with making them target only Loyal Units.

And yes, the problem with the CF is real, but Silver Spies are close second.

This can easily be fixed with making them target only Loyal Units.

Yes, let's make the weakest deck even weaker :p

I think if you are looking into points, the solution is simple. Make spies gain strength when played to the opposing side. Like "if spying, boost self by 4". So it remains base STR 11 but gets a boost when spying :)

However, that still doesn't solve the problem. 4 points difference in the first round is not that much, the problem is that no matter what one does, he either loses with the same cards, or wins with 2 cards down

Top Bottom