[Suggestion] Gwent Weekly

+
[Suggestion] Gwent Weekly

I think it would be nice to host small, weekly tournaments for the amateur members of the community.
You could put a modest prize on them to make it interesting, a few bucks, maybe some card kegs.
You could host it each Saturday or Sunday. I think people would be interested in that.

It would be a nice feature even to the Pro Players, because they would have a place to practice for real using the tournament system.

But it should be either divided into some tiers, make each week for a different skill level, or just give it a hard skill range. Because a lower skill player running into a group of a much higher skill level players (or vice versa) won't learn much, he'll just get served.

I don't think the lower skill brackets would see any kind of viewership. People would just watch the highest skill tournament. Not to mention the fact that you would need staff to run each one of these and I don't think they have that many people on hand.
I think it would work best if it was Conquest Mode(3 decks) with 128 or 256 entrants. People could sign up during the week and then if there are more sign ups than spots, the ones with the highest MMR would get in. With a check in period of 1 hour before the tournament stars so the ones which are not present get dropped and don't clog up the list and deny a spot to someone who is present but has lower MMR.
Stream it on twitch and give them a 500 or 1000 dollar/euro prize pool. Top 4 paid: 50%/30%/10%/10%
You could even have open calls for hosts so that the casting talent expands as well. Who knows what you could find.
I, for one, would surely like to be part as both player and host. I have no doubt many other people would as well.

Nah, just make it normal tournament rules. We need more tournaments. The more vibrant the competitive scene is the better for the game. Look at DotA2, they have a big tournament every 2-3 weeks and qualifiers running every day. It's non-stop action.

i think the people who can get to the pro player have the rigth to have a tournament , and the rewards could be special stuff (maybe ladder point for the next season , or a chance to get to the pools of a real tournament , who knows) but need to be by seasons , just one per month will be fine , and that way many people who really put effort and time to the game have a ''profit'' or at least gain more experience to take it to pro player , who knows i think this game is have a lot of potential on competitive scene and could gave a lot of people a chance.

Instead of having a weekly tournament, I would rather prefer a seasonal tournament with winner prize for entering the gwent challenger. It can be held in single elimination and with one match per week.
Participant are required to pick 3 time slots, 2 hours per slot, that they are able to match against others.
There are four months between gwent challenger. I think there are enough time.

This is a very crucial point: the game needs tournaments. Don't know if it is on the future plans by devs, not so sure but it's a great idea. You could run it also every day just like a sit'n'go with limited players (maybe 16?) , entering with scraps, meteorite powder and generating a prizepool and once a mouth the big tourney with qualifiers and so on. There are multiple choices to improve it.

I've joined some social media Gwent pages, like on FB. Some of them have been doing armature tournaments that have been fun. Which is nice for a scrub like me that will never be in the top tiers for actual competitions...

Crikrock;n10321522 said:
You could run it also every day just like a sit'n'go with limited players (maybe 16?) , entering with scraps, meteorite powder and generating a prizepool and once a mouth the big tourney with qualifiers and so on. There are multiple choices to improve it.
Love this idea :yes:

Would love some kind of low-level sit n' go tourney for those who aren't hardcore enough for the big leagues!

I agree, there is not many community made tournaments, and when there are some, i rarely can attend because of my work time, so i would love to see official tournaments, even amateur ones :)

Top Bottom