Freeze MMR option

+
Freeze MMR option

Basically with this option ticked, you queue on ladder at your current MMR, but you can neither gain nor lose MMR.

We already have casual mode, but the queue times there are long. With this option you get to experiment to your heart's content in a low-queue time environment, without risking anything. Only possible problem I can see is that people could conceivably boost each other (one queues with option ticked, the other without, and the first player throws the game), but there's the banhammer for that.

This is actually a rather interesting, albeit unconventional, suggestion. However, like you have already said, there might be some exploit issues. Furthermore, when such an option is enable, the playing field is no longer equal, with some players having nothing to lose and others having everything to lose. This all might lead to some odd situations. Still, the suggestion has some merit.

But that's complete opposite of "Ranked" play. As 4RM3D mentioned one side loses and nothing happens but what will happen to the other side's MMR?
Fixed and balanced casual matchmaking is what you want trust me :cheers:

The other side gains or loses MMR as per normal, of course. It's possible the community decides that the person with freeze MMR active should always concede, but I doubt that kind of thing would happen - after all you have no way of telling if the opponent is on freeze MMR, and conceding still only gives you at most 50% of the progression on your daily rewards.

I'm pretty sure casual matchmaking is already being balanced. I'm not running into new players with Triss Merigold and Geralt, for example. But I'm also getting long casual mode queue times (~5 min) which I don't get on the normal ladder. Besides, if you're like me, you'll want to test your decks against good players running good decks, for which ranked mode is better than casual, since wacky decks are much more often in casual than ranked.

I like your idea and I agree with the criticism of your idea of idea so let me suggest a compromise. A third mode, designed for ranked play with no penalty for losing. The ranks offer rewards (equal to or lower than current rank mode) so that players who want to play for something more than daily awards can do so, while at the same time keeping the current system in place to protect the exclusivity of the pro ladder.

Seems easy solution. Have proladder training mode. For the proladder format but neither players gains or lose mmr.

Which would be nicer to casual players they can have there space because you can never see if your deck is actually competitive in casual. But you can take out a new player with your tournament winning deck.

Top Bottom