Change Myrgtabrakke and Morenn

+
Change Myrgtabrakke and Morenn

Can't you make Myrgtabrakke damage by 3-2-1 instead of 2-2-2? She would be more useful that way.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why you nerfed Morenn ( and no, her being 9 now instead of 7 doesn't fool anyone that the card got "buffed" ). Please, either remove the asinine "ambush" tag or restore her original ability.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've changed your post to focus solely on Myrgtabrakke and Morenn. Making it a general suggestion thread will result in losing an overview of all the suggestions. Instead, please make a new thread, if you have another suggestion.

I have to agree on Morenn, she's quite bad now, i think the compensation should have been to up the damage, not her power. Instead of 9+5 she should be 7+7, maybe she can still be useful in taking out some key units like the Impera Enforcers.

IMHO they should do away with the whole "Ambush" tags/meta and convert those cards to standard cards with some increased deploy utility. Ambush is pretty much dead as a concept anyway, and hasn't really be developed in any meaningful way at all, so now with Morenn nerf is final nail in coffin I think.

Which is a shame as it can provide some unique situations and matches.

Iuliandrei;n10067941 said:
I have to agree on Morenn, she's quite bad now, i think the compensation should have been to up the damage, not her power. Instead of 9+5 she should be 7+7, maybe she can still be useful in taking out some key units like the Impera Enforcers.

I wouldn't waste a silver slot for 7 points of damage. Milaen ( that looked pretty bad when they first revealed her card ) would be more useful. And haven't you seen how the IE work now? The opponent can flood your side of the board with spies and use the IE at the end of the round, dealing tons of damage you can do nothing about ( poor IE definitely needed a buff :rolleyes: ).

x1Cygnus;n10068111 said:
IMHO they should do away with the whole "Ambush" tags/meta and convert those cards to standard cards with some increased deploy utility. Ambush is pretty much dead as a concept anyway, and hasn't really be developed in any meaningful way at all, so now with Morenn nerf is final nail in coffin I think.

Which is a shame as it can provide some unique situations and matches.

I really hope they don't do away with all the ST ambush tags ( just current Morenn's offending "ambush" tag ) because i'm sure the next step would be that they would give 1 or 2 ambush cards to every faction ( just like they are giving a little bit of every faction's archetypes to the other factions ) and that would be pretty maddening.

I still believe ST will get a couple more ambush cards, i just don't know when. The gwent.wikia/unreleased content page has a list of cards, several of them Dryads, which would make sense as an ambush and make Braenn actually playable ( i was really hoping some of those cards were going to be part of the current patch but...no dice ).

Last edited:
I find it interesting how people are complaining about Morenn being bad now. I for one like the change, mostly because I was here when ambush was a huge pain (when there were more ambush in the game). I was one of a few asking for this change back in July.

The power inflation has tamed the card down, so it cannot completely deny the opponents next unit, essentially forfeiting a turn. With cards being higher value now, it's harder to outright deny the opponents next unit.

I still believe that this course of action, or order of game play is the right course of action. This way, the game is free to add more ambush, and potentially even stronger surprise abilities, and have it not feel too oppressive.

That being said, this change could be just an outcome of the new game engine they implemented in this patch, and that is how it handles these cards at the moment. CDPR might keep these changes or modify them again. Only time will tell.

Kinglionsfox;n10087841 said:
I find it interesting how people are complaining about Morenn being bad now. I for one like the change, mostly because I was here when ambush was a huge pain (when there were more ambush in the game). I was one of a few asking for this change back in July.

The power inflation has tamed the card down, so it cannot completely deny the opponents next unit, essentially forfeiting a turn. With cards being higher value now, it's harder to outright deny the opponents next unit.

I still believe that this course of action, or order of game play is the right course of action. This way, the game is free to add more ambush, and potentially even stronger surprise abilities, and have it not feel too oppressive.

That being said, this change could be just an outcome of the new game engine they implemented in this patch, and that is how it handles these cards at the moment. CDPR might keep these changes or modify them again. Only time will tell.

The fact that: a) once upon a time ambush was too over the top and b) you like the change, doesn't negate the fact that Morenn is now bad. Anyone with an ounce of objectivity-whatever faction they play-can see that a 9 silver that deals 5 damage is pretty crappy ( i have even seen people say that Striga with 5p/8d is mediocre, which is much better than 9p/5d ).

Right now, ambush cards are far from being a "threat". Even the remotely competitive ST decks don't use them. Maybe, in a far away future, if they add a few more ambush cards and it gets too oppressive, changing Morenn's ability would make sense. For the time being, it doesn't.

Kinglionsfox;n10087841 said:

It has nothing to do with inflation, the card was changed to activate after the deploy ability. Actually now you get more value against Morenn by playing a low power unit, like a priestess of freya.

Iuliandrei;n10088841 said:
It has nothing to do with inflation, the card was changed to activate after the deploy ability. Actually now you get more value against Morenn by playing a low power unit, like a priestess of freya.

That is true and I never thought of that. It's a good counter tactic with this change. I still stand by my initial thoughts, because I want more ambush cards, so a themed deck can be possible without it being like the old spell ST where you couldn't touch them. I'm trying to think of the future and how the game can grow, not the now. But at the moment, with the power increase of bronze cards, Morenn could use a power change either base or damage or both. I believe her ability is what a basic bronze card should be, but there are not that many ambush cards. Like I said, I want more, but not have them be devastating.

Also, like I said before, this patch has an updated game engine, and it was clearly rushed out with bugs and inconsistencies. There are articles where CDPR states they want to have more frequent updates to attract new players more often. This whole thread might be a moot point, though, if this change isn't intended and will be corrected once the development team has time to iron out all the little details. Inconsistent card text vs what the ability does is a common problem in this patch.

Last edited:
Change Morenn

AD MORENN:

She is totaly usless as a silver right now, but why the heck can't she flip out from an ambush after stupid round-pass? She has useless abbility and only because of her power she is somehow worthy to put on the table (for me, as for a new player who is not interested in ST decks at all, and doesnt have any other silvers from this faction), but can't be played in last round or any other strategic way, because stupid pass counters her, so after all she is even much more usless.
If you have no idea how to make an ambush attractive to players then maybe start with that - let all ambush cards be flipped out after round pass, so they power counts.

Ye, I know that it doesnt change a thing and those cards still gonna be crap, but hey - but hey, they gonna be crap a little bit less.

Last edited:
Moren is actually more valuable than is being mentioned above for 2 reasons. 1. 5 damage is enough to kill some low value synergy cards like nekkers and blue stripes scouts. 2, it is a decoy for the other more valuable ambush cards. Toruviel is only worth 14 and Malena is at most worth 17 (assuming she takes 5 from the opponent and gives it to you.) I agree we need more ambush cards and I commented elsewhere that ambush cards should auto flip when either player passes, but on raw power I disagree with you that moren is unequal.

Actually it won't be a bad idea to flip her for 9 at the end of a turn. Especially after this atrocious nerf she received.

Also I like the suggested Myrgtabrakke change of 3-2-1 - way more valuable.

Wonderboy8700;n10156672 said:
Moren is actually more valuable than is being mentioned above for 2 reasons. 1. 5 damage is enough to kill some low value synergy cards like nekkers and blue stripes scouts. 2, it is a decoy for the other more valuable ambush cards. Toruviel is only worth 14 and Malena is at most worth 17 (assuming she takes 5 from the opponent and gives it to you.) I agree we need more ambush cards and I commented elsewhere that ambush cards should auto flip when either player passes, but on raw power I disagree with you that moren is unequal.

Those 5 points ain't that much right now. Maybe if it would be 6 so she could be able to stop single IE from NG spy deck - then okey, it could hurt then, but it definitely doesn't have a big influence on consume decks imho, while due to some bronze card player may spawn additional 2 copies of chosen bronze unit, and due to facet of nekkar's deathwish it always happens.

Can't say much due to blue stripes, but I realy don't think that Morenn may stop anything sucesfully in current meta, except of herself on the end of the round which is a very frustrating experience for a newbies and makes her less viable due to fact, that u can't save her for "late game", 'cos u never know if she won't be left uncovered (so you have to always keep that at least 9 points advantage to take a risk of playing her).

DRK3

Forum veteran
This new version of Morenn is absolutely terrible. Her only point was to deny a low pt unit with a strong ability from using such ability, now she's just a little damage, and yet the 'only flip up when an enemy unit is played' restriction is still on...

It doesnt make sense to nerf her this way when you already nerfed the Ambush mecanic to only 3 units (now 4), making it easier to predict when it's a Morenn...

100 % agreed on both Myrgtabrakke and Morenn.

The latter used to be one of my favourite cards that I ran in all my ST decks, but since the update I haven't used her even once. Yes, she could be frustrating when opponents played her, but the same goes for many great cards.

Myrgtabrakke is still a solid 13-point silver, but she was definitely better at lining stuff up with her previous ability. 3-2-1 would indeed be preferable to 2-2-2.

Top Bottom