Rank up rewards for the skipped ranks solution

+
Rank up rewards for the skipped ranks solution

The problem here is twofold:

1) Fundamental unfairness. A player who got to 4250 MMR, but dropped to 2000 will be in better situation than a player who got to 4250 MMR and tried to climb higher, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Right now we have people who concede the games and/or lose games on purpose just to reduce their overall MMR. And it's understandable in the environment you create.

2) People have no choice over skipping ranks. The game forces you to skip ranks and denies any compensation.

SOLUTION: if you want to deny the rewards, then as the season starts ask a player: "do you want to skip ranks or do you want to start at rank 1". Make it clear that a player won't get rewards for skipped ranks, but give him the choice. Let the player decide. I think it's simple and elegant solution.

Isn't it a misunderstanding among players, that skipped rank rewards won't be given to players at all? I thought they won't be handed to player automatically, but still can be obtained in some way. Most probably by ranking up once after the season start?

We know that "players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped" and we know that the game forces you to skip certain number of ranks depending on your MMR at the end of the season, so you won't be able to get these rewards. Currently there is no way around it. If you are right, we need clarification from CDPR.

NlelithZ44;n10114561 said:
Isn't it a misunderstanding among players, that skipped rank rewards won't be given to players at all? I thought they won't be handed to player automatically, but still can be obtained in some way. Most probably by ranking up once after the season start?

I think it would be really silly if they made this change just to wait for people to rank up one time.

The rank up would be fair. Think if you don't play at all for 4 months you can come back months later with a bunch of free things for doing nothing. If you got 2000 at the end of December rank. Then 1000 at the end of January, 500 at the end of February, then 250 in March then you come back in April with 20+ free kegs.

You must rank up to get all the bonuses is fair. If that's how they are doing it of course.

I don't want free things in this case. I want to be able to earn them by starting a new season from rank 1. Right now if I will retain half of my MMR I will be placed at rank 12 (although I'm not sure if it's half or 2/3 of your current MMR, which is even worse). I don't want it. The game doesn't give me a choice. I want to be able to earn the rewards and I'm being punished for climbing to 4k+ MMR and refusing to go on the losing streak.

Again: "players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped". I don't have a problem with the fact that I won't get the rewards automatically, but as long as the game forces me to skip ranks, I have a problem with the fact that I can't earn those rewards at all.

Right now, if you want to get the rank up rewards for early ranks, you have to start losing games on purpose to start the next season at a lower position. I think it's ridiculous, but it will become a common practice at the end of each season. People who start losing their games on purpose will be in better situation than me, because I'm not going to do it. I don't find it fun, rewarding or fair.

MaroonJack

Only that even if you drop to Rank 1 the game will treat your top achieved for the Season Rank and not the one you are currently at.

Top Bottom