Proactive Weather suggestions

+

With the introduction of Moonlight as either Boon or Hazard, weather decks got a brand new level of interesting strategies.
Shall we think to how Frost, Fog and Rain could receive the same treatment?

Frost
White Frost
Special, Hazard: Deal 2 damage to the Lowest unit on turn start

Freezed Battlefield
Special, Boon: Boost a random Wild Hunt or Ogroid unit by 2 on turn start

Fog
Impenetrable Fog
Special, Hazard: Deal 2 damage to the Highest unit on turn start

Creeping Fog
Special, Boon: Boost a random Necrophage unit by 2 on turn start

Rain
Torrential Rain
Special, Hazard: Deal 1 damage to 2 random unit on turn start, and Lock Machines on contact

Downpour
Special, Boon: Boost a random Insectoid unit by 2 on turn start

I think Torrential Rain could use a little boost, given its sub-par hazard effect, so I added the underscored part.
Lore-wise, it should make sense :).
It could be a good alternative for Dagon, who spawns Fog 95% of the time.

What do you guys suggest to spice up the weather game?

I do like the idea for monsters but don`t forget the other archetypes.

Wheather skellige and rain for example. I think it needs to be a bit more including :p

SoSaHer;n10128022 said:
I do like the idea for monsters but don`t forget the other archetypes.

Wheather skellige and rain for example. I think it needs to be a bit more including :p

I'm not a Skellige expert, but isn't there a Clan who fancies sailing?

Change SK storm to be used as either as a Hazard, or a Boon who boosts members of that clan by 2 on turn start ;).

I am all for the idea, especially if we get other ways of playing weather from our decks or spawning it :) right now there is a reason only 2 dedicated monster weather decks exist (moonlight and frost). Because only these two have access to hounds and sirens :)

Great idea to make hazards have boon potential. Don't forget Ragnarok and Drought. Ragnarok could be a boost for Skellige units or Cursed Units, Drought could hinder specifically Northern Realms and Nilfgaard due to the fact they have armies and Scoia'tael could be boosted because they act as a guerilla group. Great idea though, it's sure one the devs and the community could build on.

Aretuza adept in NR also play a random hazard from deck. There is no way for play to choose the boon side. And the three hazard is currently neutral faction. Dun think specialized for monster faction is a good idea.

So 3 thoughts. Pitfall trap could be used as cover (makes units ambush cards.) The ale boon could cause hangover as a hazard and have the opposite effect (-1 for 2 random units per turn.) Lastly fog could be modified to be fog of war (units cannot be targeted.)

With the introduction of Moonlight as either Boon or Hazard, weather decks got a brand new level of interesting strategies.
Shall we think to how Frost, Fog and Rain could receive the same treatment?

Frost
White Frost
Special, Hazard: Deal 2 damage to the Lowest unit on turn start

Freezed Battlefield
Special, Boon: Boost a random Wild Hunt or Ogroid unit by 2 on turn start

Fog
Impenetrable Fog
Special, Hazard: Deal 2 damage to the Highest unit on turn start

Creeping Fog
Special, Boon: Boost a random Necrophage unit by 2 on turn start

Rain
Torrential Rain
Special, Hazard: Deal 1 damage to 2 random unit on turn start, and Lock Machines on contact

Downpour
Special, Boon: Boost a random Insectoid unit by 2 on turn start

I think Torrential Rain could use a little boost, given its sub-par hazard effect, so I added the underscored part.
Lore-wise, it should make sense :).
It could be a good alternative for Dagon, who spawns Fog 95% of the time.

What do you guys suggest to spice up the weather game?
i like the idea of a total wheather overhaul, especially the rain, i dunno about you guy's but i find the rain to look more like visual noise then actual raindrops falling. i would like to add more types of rain, heavy rain, light rain, fat drops, sprinkel misty rain,.... that kind of thing

Top Bottom