Change game mechanics

+
Change game mechanics

1. Revealed cards can be damaged or effected by spells.

2. Give some spells or abilities the power to set doomed.

3. Make ambush reveal automatically when either player passes.

Wonderboy8700;n10132012 said:
1. Revealed cards can be damaged or effected by spells.
Only if you make it that damage is removed once the card is mulliganed from hand. Otherwise Venedal Elite is better than good enough, since it can still affect gold cards. Unlike Spotters.

2. Give some spells or abilities the power to set doomed.
Already have some like that in the game. Artifact Compression and Mandrake Extract. Used to be that cards like Letho banished his targets after destroying them. From what CDPR has said, it seems the feedback from players was that this was not a popular mechanic. A better alternative would be to identify problem cards (like Iris) and give them the doomed tag. They've already done this with Shani and a few others.

3. Make ambush reveal automatically when either player passes.
Again, this was a thing a few patches ago. Ambush cards were changed to flip at the end of the round. I guess feedback wasn't so positive, so they reverted them.

That said, a bigger problem is the fact that you can see what face down ambush card has been played in the game's own tracker. I'm not sure if this has always been the case, or if it happened this patch. Either way, it needs fixing ASAP. Rather pointless exercise trying to bamboozle your opponent when he can see Morenn or Toruviel and their description in the card display.

I agree with your comment regarding number 1. I am aware of how to destroy cards with weaken and I know that artifact compression cannot be undone, but what I am talking about is a way to prevent resurrection without compromising the card in its present form. As for 3 they did fix this in midwinter update, and I know it was that way before, but the handicap of both having ambush flip before timer makes the cards essentially useless in most matches.

Wonderboy8700;n10132202 said:
I agree with your comment regarding number 1. I am aware of how to destroy cards with weaken and I know that artifact compression cannot be undone, but what I am talking about is a way to prevent resurrection without compromising the card in its present form.
Why? Doomed cards are out of play the moment they leave the board. Can't really see how it would be any more useful to apply a 'doomed' tag, as opposed to current methods. The only situation I could see it being useful would be for reworking Artifact Compression to do something similar, in order for another card to 'uncompress' the compressed card.

As for 3 they did fix this in midwinter update, and I know it was that way before, but the handicap of both having ambush flip before timer makes the cards essentially useless in most matches.
Yes, but that's the disadvantage of supposedly keeping your opponent guessing (assuming he's not looking at the played card list). In theory, you are attempting to force your opponent to play extra cards on the off chance that one of your face down cards is Toruveal. That means adjusting your playstyle so you don't end up playing into card disadvantage for yourself if they call your bluff and pass.

In practice, though, the pool of ambush cards is still too small and there effects too limited to really tip the odds in your favour. Even with the game enabling players to sneak a look at your card, it's easy still fairly easy to correctly guess which one of 3 main possibilities has been played. CDPR can rectify this by fixing the card list so it doesn't show the ambush card until it's played and creating more cards with flip options like 'flip when you pass'.

To clarify, I want to add the do tag to limit resurrection and consumption ability for various faction as a way to play defense against some common strategies. I believe the better the game is at letting us play defense, the better the quality will be overall.

I agree 100% with two things you said above. 1, there need to be more ambush cards if ambush is going to be a viable style of play (and those cards should not stay face down when a round ends or the card may as well not have been played.) 2. The ambush card used should not show up on the card log until after it flips over. In my experience the card log shows the card face down until it flips (since midwinter update.) but if it is ever face up on the card log before it springs the ambush I agree it should be changed.

Top Bottom