Cards with 20+power should be nerfed

+
Cards with 20+power should be nerfed

So, Im plaing either with Ciri Nova, Olaf, Shuppe,.. its fun, I admit - for endgame..

but ist way too much power swing, such cards should be nerfed down at next patch - because its not about strategy, only about last card played.
Or nerf up every other card :)))

You talk like everything leading up to that last card is random and you just spin a wheel to see who ends up with the 20+ gold card at the end. That's not how it works.

Ciri Nova should at least be boosted not strengthened (like Tibor is now), then maybe increase her base strength to 8-12.

Last edited:
Nope. Those are called 'finishers'. Every deck in every TCG ever made has them, and every deck in every TCG ever has to deal with them sooner or later. A huge part of GWENT is trying to either get so far ahead the finisher won't help or trying to undermine it in some way if it requires set up. Nerfing those cards won't improve the game. That isn't where the problems lie. What they do need to do is make more viable finishers so every deck isn't narrowed down to a single finisher that's all but guaranteed.

How about cards that steal your points then take them for themselves? Letho into Regis (the next turn) The guy was 50 points behind with two cards left.

Just ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
NG Peter also..in fact any bronze reset card that can do that to a gold is wrong. Golds' should be seriously powerful. But im sure the devs have good reason for making them not immune after all this time.

gards;n10146972 said:
Golds' should be seriously powerful.

*Goes into a different thread*

gards;n10146162 said:
Letho/Regis deserves it's own thread. Daylight robbery this. The entire match setting it up, Opponent over 50 points behind with two cards remaining. Then plays two cards...

w3hUyFC.gif

But 4RM3D, don't you understand?! Golds should only be highly powerful when I'M playing it. The opponents golds should be crap.

(Also I wish I could give you all the red points for that reply)

Clxmj;n10144032 said:
Ciri Nova should at least be boosted not strengthened (like Tibor is now), then maybe increase her base strength to 8-12.

Ciri:Nova is a 1 base strength because she has a conditional ability. Increasing her base strength would be the last thing you would want to do to this card. Everyone hates on ciri nova but I truely think the way the card is in its current stat is symbolic to ciri's true strength in the witcher series. This is definitely one of the strongest gold cards, and has an extremely easy condition to meet that makes it 25 strength gold card. But at 25 strength there are also many counters for this card. Having it boosted over strengthed wouldn't even touch upon the solution to the real problem these high value, low conditional gold cards possess when you have card advantage and play this card last so your oppenent cannot counter. It is too strong of a card only because it can go unanswered to win a match ON SUCH A CONSISTENT BASIS.

Last edited:
I'll admit that I've been beaten by a final play ciri a few too many times, but I'm also not sure she needs to be nerfed. Tibor has a higher str and although he gives the opponent a bronze, he also doesn't carry the requirements of forming your entire deck around him. Ciri is fairly easy to predict, honestly it's worth just assuming everyone has her atm and if you see a third bronze (or 4 golds) then can eliminate her possibility. A scorch and.or a gigni can easily take her down, so long as you have card advantage over her, it is just a case of being able to play the last card. These days I just keep hold of my scorch until right at the end (unless I can get a much higher value one)

A few times I've been beaten by a last two cards being olaf and ciri and it's painful to see 45 power straight up, buuuut also it could have been prevented if I'd actually been planning better for it and thinking ahead, rather than letting the opponent get card advantage on me and let them have a long enough round 3 to get full value from olaf.

Top Bottom