Daily Quests Improvements

+
Mancoon1980;n10187352 said:
People. Idea of quests is to get people out of their comfort zones and to try different decks. What sense would it make to allow you to switch your quests to only one faction if you don't like your given quest. It doesn't take much to win a few matches with a faction you don't use unless you've milled all your other factions to build one up

There are plenty of ways to get people trying other factions and different decks without forcing them to "win 5 games with x faction". And for some of us it DOES take a lot to win with a faction. My only ST golds are saskia:destroyer and then a few neutral golds like triss and standard geralt. My ST silvers are barely existent too. Pair that with the fact that even on casual my opponents are always rank 20-21 now, and you can see the issue. No amount of amazing, skillful play can get you 5 wins with a deck like that in a short time. It'd take hours even for a 50% WR.

1. Play a match with 5 different leaders.
2. Play 20 special cards.
3. Do 100 damage.
4. Send 10 enemy units to the graveyard.
5. Mulligan x cards.
6. Receive x number of good games.
7. Score x points in a game.
8. Score x points in a round.

Wonderboy8700;n10187632 said:
1. Play a match with 5 different leaders.
2. Play 20 special cards.
3. Do 100 damage.
4. Send 10 enemy units to the graveyard.
5. Mulligan x cards.

These sound good; encouraging players to use different decks without forcing them to play a set faction. I'm assuming round end graveyard transition would not count towards number 4?

6. Receive x number of good games.

Not sure I like this, because it depends on other players to (be able to) hit the GG button.

7. Score x points in a game.
8. Score x points in a round.

X would need to be something sensible; not such a high number that only certain types of decks can achieve it.

RidiculousName, yes on 4. For 8 I was thinking 100 (to challenge players to come up with high point hands, though 100 might be too easy for a single round.) For 7 I wasn't sure because it can be hard for some types of decks to hit high numbers, but maybe 150 to 200. I see your point on 6 but it also encourages players to get in the habit of giving good games.

Last edited:
Yeah I get what you mean. That can be steep if you don't have the cards. I don't play sct either only have a few golds. I have slot of silvers but not to many golds. Maybe something like play 60 cards for that faction.

I am here becuase I have other problems with quests
- I wont get the quest if I wont come online: I would like to get quests even if I dont come online (for various reasons) and when I come from day 1 to 4 I will have 4 quests not only 1 or 2 if I havent done the one in first day...
- There seems to be weird bug... When I do quest and get reward and I visit a quest log that should be empty the quest is there with... the numbers (5/5 for example) are overlaping... This should be in bug section but I will post it here too...

Logintomylife;n10190372 said:
There seems to be weird bug... When I do quest and get reward and I visit a quest log that should be empty the quest is there with... the numbers (5/5 for example) are overlaping...

Quitting and relaunching the game should fix this, at least it always does for me.

Still a bit annoying, though.

As someone who has focused on 3 of the 5 factions and scrapped everything in the last two, a way to mulligan quests that involve playing those two factions would be amazing since I cant really do those quests.

Something I would like to add, which is both highly relevant to the topic at hand and also connected to another major issue for the game about which I written extensively https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/gwent-masters/9588041-improving-pro-ladder-engagement

There should be "play x Pro Ladder games" and "win x Pro Ladder games" quests and they should have bigger rewards, since playing Ranked is already rewarded for all players and playing Pro Ladder isn't (it rewards top 200 but effectively only like top 10 or 20 have something out of it)

It would go a long way towards solving the issue of lack of Pro Ladder engagement which aside from increased diversity of active players would also help with matchmaking time since we all know long waits sometimes happen which must be especially annoying to real pro players who compete for top 10 and play like 2k matches every season.

SrdjanB;n10190762 said:
There should be "play x Pro Ladder games" and "win x Pro Ladder games" quests

I hope you're not suggesting anyone could get those quests? Because it would be unfair to those not on the Pro Ladder (the majority of players).

RidiculousName;n10190872 said:
I hope you're not suggesting anyone could get those quests? Because it would be unfair to those not on the Pro Ladder (the majority of players).

Of course not, just Pro Ladder players and not as extra quests, but as a quest option (assuming one quest per day, that would be their only quest that day, so they would have same amount of quests as other players)

But rewards should be higher to boost player engagement on Pro, because only top 10, 20 get meaningful rewards this way, and that is a problem because of wait time for matches and really dedicated players may run into same people all the time.

Average Pro ladder player not aiming for those top 10 spots would get a quest every few days and he would than play several matches, while tomorrow another batch of similar players would get Pro quests, so average number of players playing Pro would be increased on day to day basis, alleviating some of the issues I mentioned

Last edited:
Mancoon1980;n10187352 said:
People. Idea of quests is to get people out of their comfort zones and to try different decks. What sense would it make to allow you to switch your quests to only one faction if you don't like your given quest. It doesn't take much to win a few matches with a faction you don't use unless you've milled all your other factions to build one up

I think what people are suggesting is not that you don't get faction specific quests, but that faction specific quests should not be tied to winning matches. I totally agree that the quests should encourage people to branch out and try different factions, but the quests should not be requiring Win Matches and be more of the following variety:

1) Play X Cards as Faction Y
2) Win X Rounds as Faction Y
3) Apply X Armor to Units as Northern Realms
4) Resurrect X Units as Skellige
5) Reveal X Cards as Nilfgaard
6) Play X Spies as Nilfgaard
7) Mulligan X Cards as Scoia'tael
8) Move X Units as Scoia'tael
9) Deal X Damage in Weather as Monsters
10) Consume X Units as Monsters

Things of this nature are quests that anyone can reasonably complete regardless of their experience or collection, and encourages dabbling in certain archetypes. Winning Matches, especially in particular factions, is an onerous task for people with less experience and smaller card collections and also the difficulty is tied to the strength of the various factions in any particular meta.

More GWENT like quest system.

Recently, as you all know by now, quests where implemented into the game. While the general idea is good, i would suggest to take a different approach.

We all have seen this way of questing in "another popular card game" and the system in GWENT work pretty much the same. It was always tidious for me to do those quests. Developers in dev stream stated, that it should help to diversify the experience for players, so you dont spam this ST Ciri Nova deck (yes i know you do!) over and over again. The thing is, i feel like the game is forcing me to play in a certain way.

Why would i try to win 5 games as Nilfgard, if i played alot of spies decks in the past and im simply bored with it? Or lets say i have quest for Skellige and the only viable deck is cursed Skelige, but i dont have cards for it?

I propose a different approach.

Don't make players adapt to the quests, make quests adapt to the player!

If your favorite faction is ST, and you play it alot, give me quests for this faction! And i dont mean simply "win X games" quests but for example, "Hit 5 units in a row with Pit Trap" or "boost Zoltan to 20 HP" or things like that.

This is oversimplicated, i know, im simply trying to make a point here. It's far more pleasant to play what I want to play, instead of playing what YOU want me to play.

Since they made rankup keg rewards almost as useless as levelup rewards, dailies need a serious boost. 180 ore, AT BEST, is nothing compared to what we used to get for ranking up.

Win X Rounds instead of Matches would be awesome. For example i suck with Nilfgaard and i m stuck win 5 matches with nilf quest 4 days now. Wasted many hours playing casual trying to win with nilf but i just can t. I hate that faction. All those hours i could play ranked with my monsters/nr/skellige. But if it was win x rounds quest would complete eventually, the slot would be freed and my nerves would be calmer. Please implement it ASAP. Being able to mulligan quests is also a great idea :)

Why no quest progression on forfeit?

Hi,

Without the ability to replace quest, this quest system is already terrible, however I have spotted, that my opponent made a mistake at the end of the first round and as a result, forfeited.
However, I did not get the progress for the quest.

With a faction, where I do not have viable deck at all, nor the necessary cards, it is a pretty painful thing to strip me from my legit wins in terms of the quest progressing.

dgabor82 thread merged

When an opponent forfeits during the first round you cannot GG him. This also seems to affect the quest not triggering, which is indeed unfair. It's also one of the suggestions made in the OP.

Top Bottom