Reward system and Kegs vs Midwinter and Season shortening

+
Reward system and Kegs vs Midwinter and Season shortening

It has been on my mind since first anouncement of Midwinter and season shortening, that because of those there will be huge abbys between players from closed beta and new players.

Currently, there are by my counts --- 1706 cards in total, half of them are premium.
Ive been playing since closed beta, aprox 2-3 hours a day tops.. and Iam not even close to half of collection.Without premium, its better, Iam missing only new golds and some leaders.. but still.

When there is 100 more cards (in fact, there are much more, because of bronze copies..), rewards and kegs are still the same.
DONT GET ME WRONG . I like how kegs, daily reward, and newly quests works - its great - but new players doesnt stand a chance to ge to Pro ladder any time soon, maybe never, with current state of game.

I believe, that daily rewards shoudl be more valued, like 6 rounds won -100 Ore, 12 rounds - 200 ore, 24 rounds - 300 ore, 48 rounds 400 ore,..etc..
I would welcome more daily quests, instead of 1 per day, and bigger variety (not just "Win 5 matches as Monsters", but like "Scorch cadr with 30 or more power) etc..
also, It would be great to put one more card into keg

the reason is obvious. when new player comes, it has only one option to get to PRO ladder -invest ridiculous amount of real money, to make at least some decent deck. Because old players will always have some advantage (in card variety and count) and PRO ladder will be always the same people, unless the stop playing.
With season shortening, this will be even more difficult ..

what do you think?

I understand your argument but don't agree with your solution (though I am always up for raising rewards.) The problem is that all players will gain the new rewards and the experienced players will gain so much extra scrap that they can make whatever they want to improve their decks (even more so than they currently are.) If your goal is to better prepare new players make the challenges more rewarding. Instead of simply unlocking leaders, make the leaders automatically available and make the rewards golds from the faction in question. 2 gold cards in each faction plus a neutral gold on reaching level 10 should help narrow the playing field. Also there should be a system of casual arenas based on player level. 1-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-30. By level 30 everyone should have sufficient experience and cards to be competitive.

I have to disagree with you here. I've been playing Gwent for about 5 months and a half and I'm close to a full collection (90% of it), excluding premiums, you don't need them to build decks anyway and I'm fine with the idea of spending money if I want a full premium collection. I should have a full normal collection by now, with all the new cards, if I hadn't spent my scraps to craft premiums :). So to me the reward system is great as it is, and it's very generous already. Besides you don't need a full collection to play on the Pro Ladder or to have all the best decks you want. Many cards don't see play during 1 season or 2.

Now, about new players wanting to join the Pro Ladder. First that doesn't make any sense, because if you're a new player, you first need to play the game really well before attempting to join the competitive scene. Then you need to prove you are worth of it by reaching rank 21 on the normal ladder, and that's no easy feat. Also, if someone wanna become a Pro Player, he/she would have to commit lots of hours a day to playing Gwent, like 6~8 hours, and this means lots of scraps and ore from the daily reward system. Last but not least, if you've just arrived to the game and wanna have almost a full collection and also join the competitive scene (Pro), I think it's more then fair that you need to spend a few money to get a boost.

Theodrik;n10168692 said:
Now, about new players wanting to join the Pro Ladder. First that doesn't make any sense, because if you're a new player, you first need to play the game really well before attempting to join the competitive scene. Then you need to prove you are worth of it by reaching rank 21 on the normal ladder, and that's no easy feat. Also, if someone wanna become a Pro Player, he/she would have to commit lots of hours a day to playing Gwent, like 6~8 hours, and this means lots of scraps and ore from the daily reward system. Last but not least, if you've just arrived to the game and wanna have almost a full collection and also join the competitive scene (Pro), I think it's more then fair that you need to spend a few money to get a boost.

I agree, that you need to spend a lot of time to get to rank 21, but I dont believe it will be achiveable with season shortening. and I dont believe you can fill collection only by playing.. rank 21 is 4500+ MMR, which means, you have to win at least 150-200 matches without loosing one. with aprox 20minutes a game its 70hours of gameplay..

when, teoretically, someone would be able to do it, reward will be 39 kegs, 1000 scraps+ some levelng rewards..

new players will never be able to make it to pro laddder..

Mashajab, first, 20 minutes a game is very high. I would say the average game is about 12 minutes at most. Second, there is no penalty for losing at lower levels, so lower players can climb faster. Third, all it takes to make it to rank 18-20 is one really good faction deck. It is true that this will not cut it in the actual pro ladder, but it is also true that you don't need to be on the ladder in the same season you start playing. Given 2 or 3 months the combo of rank rewards, level rewards, season rewards, daily awards, and quest rewards should be enough to make multiple competitive decks.

Mashajab;n10168842 said:
new players will never be able to make it to pro laddder..

Poppycock. Some people are more gifted at card games than others. A number of people will have experience with other CCGs and know the importance of card advantage etc without needing to play gwent for hundreds of hours to work it out. To make it to pro ladder you just need 4 golds, 6 silvers and 15 bronzes and some time to get to 4500 MMR (I understand it's a gross simplification but it's true). After that, you'll probably need to buy cards for a couple of extra decks. Bear in mind 70% cards don't see play in a competitive scene. Compared to other digital CCGs, it's easier in Gwent to craft the one or 2 cards you're missing without too much effort to stay competitive. If you want a complete collection though (esp premiums- not my thing) it's a different matter.

Mashajab;n10168842 said:
aprox 20minutes a game its 70hours of gameplay..
10 hrs a day, you're done in less than a week provided you started at 0. 'Pro ladder' = pro time. Legend in hearthstone has similar requirements and they reset monthly

Last edited:
Its just about one, slightly working deck (lets say giving you at total 55-60% win ratio itself) and a lot of free time to hit the 21. After playing like 2 weeks with a week of hard grinding included I hit 3.850 easly. Its just a 18r, but with more free time I could have made it at 20r minimum with the deck I already have. Gwent right now is realy familiar to new players, it may change in 2-3 years, when there will be more cards and more possibilites, but definitely nowadays new players may succeed as much as old ones.

Top Bottom