More archetype support

+

Guest 4226291

More archetype support

Right now a lot of archetypes in Gwent are lacking support and I believe they should be shown some love. Either they don’t have enough cards in the archetype to make it successful or the cards they do have are too weak.

The ones I believe are:

Relict Monsters (only 1 bronze)

Wild Hunt / Frost

Foltest Swarm (Foltest should strengthen rather than boost and some other changes)

Cursed Northern Realms (I know it’s new and has good cards but the archetype feels incomplete)

Reveal (they got some new toys but it still feels underwhelming)

Spella’tael (protectors are just... bad without Quen)

Mulligan (really in an awful place I feel)

Tuirseach Veterans (with the strengthen graveyard bug and removal of veteran ability it doesn’t feel strong anymore)

Self wounding

Discard (Queensguard and other variants)

I’d also like to see more support for certain sub-archetypes like Insectoid monsters, Rain and Moonlight support, Vampire Drain, and a few others.

What archetypes/decks do you guys want to get new cards for?

I feel like the decentralized power of ST, NG, and SK should be made available for the other 2. I know monsters have neckers but I you need to build a whole deck around them to get any use, (likewise with the self replicating cursed 4 power 1 armor card.) Slave drivers, skirmishers/agitators and beast masters all add a considerable amount of power not seen elsewhere (thus netdecks are born.) Also I would love to see a more cavalry and magic focused wild hunt (preferably as it's own faction eventually, but for now definitely more cards.)

Considering the last Wild Hunt card we got was the rarely used longships, they’re in need of an update. I’ve mebtionrd in other threads that I think they should get their own Aen Elle faction, as lumping in a major race and distinct culture in with the monsters seems unfair. There is a ton of untapped potential there and plenty to draw off of from the books and games. Hopefully after the vampire expansion, the residents of Tir Na Lia get some love.

Top Bottom