Muster group power change

+
Muster group power change

When is that going to change? The muster groups (Temerian Infantrymen and the like) have been STR 3 forever, ever since the Closed Beta, where the nominal power for units was 8. It's 12 - 14 now which makes including 3 STR 3 units really counter-intuitive aside from NR (which get buffed) and Dwarves (which spawn an extra one). And NR could use a buff.

Suggestion: make them STR 4 at least. In the case of NR I'd make Blue Stripes units start at 4 STR too.

In the case of Dwarves, I really wouldn't mind a one time play of 18 points, as long as other absurd plays like Ithlinne - Double Tremors and their insane tempo gets nerfed a bit.

Cards shouldn't be buffed but that 12-14 str should be nerfed. Power creep is bad always and with higher value units it is harder to balance them and it will be even harder in future if that power creep will not stop.

Kingoko;n10256652 said:
Cards shouldn't be buffed but that 12-14 str should be nerfed. Power creep is bad always and with higher value units it is harder to balance them and it will be even harder in future if that power creep will not stop.

^This! :cheers: REDPoint earned.

In my opinion the only ones which should be buffed are the Shieldmaidens, because all the others already have usefull interactions:
Temerian Infantry profits from a lot of boosts in NR.
Elven Saboteurs are really usefull in the movement archetype.
Mahakam Volunteers work great with Agiator.
Arachas Drone works with Arachas Benemoth.
Alba Pikemen and Slave Infantry both have a Soldier tag and so work in a solider archetype.

What would make the Shieldmaidens more usefull would be to strengthen them by 1, whenever one of them enters the graveyard. Then they would be an interesting combo with Clan Smuggler.

FG15-ISH7EG;n10257362 said:
Temerian Infantry profits from a lot of boosts in NR.
NR swarm have to keep a lot of such cards in deck to profit. And it often gives you dead cards R3.

FG15-ISH7EG;n10257362 said:
In my opinion the only ones which should be buffed are the Shieldmaidens, because all the others already have usefull interactions:
1. They do not brick your hand, Bran just discard them R1 early
2. When Bran discard them they got +1 str buff
3. They can be used in each round, unlike all other
4. Cerys autores 2-3 times, Draig Bon-Dhu +6 turns into +12 by multiple replay

And all this can be countered only by NG.

My main problem is that it's a one time play that needs a lot of setup to even reach the nominal bronze value (in the case of NG and NR with the latter being the only one able to surpass it usually), requires you to include 3 cards in your deck in a game where you are trying to keep your bronzes at the lowest number possible AND has a massive possibility of bricking your hand if you draw 2 of them. Sure for most of the factions you can gain more points by playing them under specific circumstances but that requires setup usually. Which come to think of it, is true for every single play. Except dwarves, but even dwarves require you to fulfill at least two very specific conditions to achieve a play that curently holds as much power as the nominal bronze value: to have no volunteer in your hand and to be lucky with the agitators

As for the power creep, I agree, but I can more easily see these units being buffed than everything else being nerfed.

W12;n10258342 said:
1. They do not brick your hand, Bran just discard them R1 early
2. When Bran discard them they got +1 str buff
3. They can be used in each round, unlike all other
4. Cerys autores 2-3 times, Draig Bon-Dhu +6 turns into +12 by multiple replay

And all this can be countered only by NG.

You're thinking of Queensguard, not Shieldmaidens.

I'm not that concerned with the power of these units, but why did they have to make copy/pasted version of Temerians in all factions?

Some of the posters in this thread don't understand why powercreep can be good. Without the massive powercreep from early CB to now there would be dozens of cards that would very difficult to balance. As someone else said CDPR needs to look at 'value' plays that don't require any effort or investment to accomplish first. Buffing musters should only be done based off playrates of individual muster cards. Temerian Infantrymen, for example, is a competitive bronze card in the right kind of deck. The same is true with Mahakam Volunteers.

Top Bottom