Fixing Slave Driver

+
Eliadann;n10485902 said:
I´ve seen things you people would not believe. A Slave Driver in flames creating more than 6 cards beyond the nilfgaardian gates

There should be a specific taunt to be used when a situation like that presents itself.

Slave Driver

Can slave driver slave a card from your faction card pull instead of your starting deck. Its sooooooooooooooo annoying they use your cards against you than can deny your strategy over and over again. They shouldnt be able to out play your own strategy. Please fix this card/ create in general

The biggest problem with Slave Driver isn't Create, it's that it not only Creates but gets a better range of choices than your opponents draw, and no limits on how many it can grab per game other than how many times you can play him.... it's effectively a Recon with an extra choice, no deck building restriction, and an extra 1pt body

combine that with the Vicovaro Medic's ability to steal bronzes from your opponents graveyard and it's utter madness. as an example: it's possible to generate more than twice the number of Queensguard's as an opponent playing them... R3 with a variation of this I regularly have 4-5 copies in play of the single best opponent bronze. nevermind the other rounds.

ETA:
and contrary to the patch notes reasoning of nerfing ointment, that didn't reduce the problem it brought it into sharp focus... without the heal/buff option these now get held and guaranteed use on resurrecting problem cards... ointment was not the problem, and nerfing it did nothing to prevent it's use in abusing cards that ARE problematic... it just killed off anything else.

Last edited:
Hellsmoke77;n10479322 said:
I'm more sick of the viper witcher. "here's our chance" "here's our chance" "here's our chance"...6 times per game and all that at 15 points a hit. Whatever is left at the end gets sucked up by letho and then drained. Sweers is a 1 card "I win" button in many cases and on and on and on. That faction is complete joke balance wise but they are not alone, there are many issues imo.

This Viper Witcher is also retarded too. I would suggest to change it like this: "Deal 1 damage for each alchemy you have played this game".

In my opinion stupid Elf Scouts needs to bee looked at a lot more than Slave Drivers. This card is just ridiculous with the pool it can chose from and I am sick and tired of it pulling Weather Clears or Movement Dwarfs when I play Eredin Frost or Panthers when your Greatsword is 7. Combine this with the ST Runestone fiesta that pulls everything that one needs, Create has turned into my most despised mechanic in the game. Simply the most unhealthy mechanic since the Mid-Winter Fiasco.

The probability of getting the card that you want isn't that great for Elven Scout, it's only about approximately 12%.
Nonetheless both Slave Driver and Elven Scout are pretty boring cards. Therefore I'd like to propose some changes:

Elven Scout: 3 points
Deploy: play a card from your hand, then create a random bronze card that is not in your starting deck in your hand.

Slave Hunter: 3 points
Create a locked copy of card from your enemies starting deck.

Slave Driver: 8 points
Whenever a locked bronze card appears next to this unit, trigger its deploy ability.

Elven Scouts become a lot more risky, because you can't decide anymore what you get. This is compensated by more base power and adding the card to your hand, so you can still mulligan it. It has more immediate power, but can brick your hand.

Slave Drivers need now a bit more settup by giving its abilities to Slave Hunters and making Slave Drivers a requirement to trigger the deploy of the slaved card. Thus, the player needs more settup to pull the combination of, but might even get the double deploy ability, if he has 2 Slave Drivers adjacent to the slaved unit. Also, this can be a great combination with Auckes.

Slave drivers are absolute BS. NG getting to play their opponents best bronze cards is so messed up. Some dev just loves NG to death.

I think that's kind of a cool idea for the slave hunter to grab a unit then have the slave driver engage is deploy ability. Eleven scout would have to be a silver then as it pretty much is a 3 point toad Prince and adds a card to your hand.

StrykerxS77x;n10520172 said:
Slave drivers are absolute BS. NG getting to play their opponents best bronze cards is so messed up. Some dev just loves NG to death.

I agree I played cursed beast master for the faction challenge. One game I did not even draw one of my beast master yet my opponent played 6 beast master from my deck plus getting more value for each. Very cheap

Mancoon1980;n10520312 said:
I agree I played cursed beast master for the faction challenge. One game I did not even draw one of my beast master yet my opponent played 6 beast master from my deck plus getting more value for each. Very cheap

Nilfgaard! "The faction that plays other factions better than they do!"

Wonderboy8700;n10335402 said:
Hatori plus agitator plus skirmisher does 17+
Hattori is a silver card, though. Slave Driver is a bronze, and a bronze card shouldn't have more than 12 power. Plus, it gives the advantage of revealing your opponent's card. So, it's fair to make the bronze cards unable to play chains. The silver cards are fewer, so it's okay if they do it.

Pruny;n10386312 said:
i think they should create cards from oponent faction, not his deck.
No, it's important since they're enslaving your units, that the cards be from your deck.

Another solution is that they could change Slave Driver into a silver card. And then, it could look at two non-spy, bronze cards from your deck, and steal and play one of them. Removing it from your deck and using its effects. Doing this will retain the card's unique feature, while restricting its use to once per game (without the use of other special silver and gold cards).

FG15-ISH7EG;n10513732 said:
Elven Scout: 3 points Deploy: play a card from your hand, then create a random bronze card that is not in your starting deck in your hand.
Slave Hunter: 3 points Create a locked copy of card from your enemies starting deck.
Slave Driver: 8 points Whenever a locked bronze card appears next to this unit, trigger its deploy ability.

I liked all of your ideas. They suit the characters of the card more, in my opinion. And every reason should be welcome to incorporate Locks back into the game. Elven Scout will have to have its power reduced to 1 or 2 though, otherwise it'll be similar to NR's Silé de Tansarville, and will have to be a silver card.

I quite like the ideas for the slave driver and hunter! :) this adds an amazing layer of synergy to the game and I really REALLY hope this happens. Basically turning Slave Drivers into engine units. We could also add some synergy with Slave infantry and have an entire Slave archetype! :)

Top Bottom