Reward the Ranked Trinkets Retroactively

+

wichu1

Forum regular
Reward the Ranked Trinkets Retroactively

Changes in trinkets rewards - now seasons borders, avatars and titles are available for rank 10, 15 and 20. Also the third season avatar (in this season Dagon) is available for place in top 10000.

I think those rewords should be geven to players for previous seasons according to their achievements.

It looks like the new rewards system applies only from this new season onwards.
But the text is definitely misleading which is stating that older season rewards (including the last season) is giving out rewards as per the new system.

wichu1

Forum regular
So CDPR should change those descriptions or just give trinkents for previous seasons in my opinion.

Agreed. Would love it if they give the rewards retrospectively, but I doubt that will happen. The text might just get changed soon.

Edit: Sorry I am pretty sure I missunderstood your post, what I said previously was pretty out of context. Mods feel free to delete this. English is not my native language but I still feel like an idiot now.

I agree with what you said though, it should be done like that, it makes the most sense.

Last edited:
InvisibleArrow;n10439592 said:
Agreed. Would love it if they give the rewards retrospectively, but I doubt that will happen. The text might just get changed soon.

I think that this MUST happen BECAUSE the last season was more than twice shorter.

New Avatars,Borders and Titles system

So i ended this season on top 500 of ladder but didnt get even my border/title of 1-1000 in January season, why? Didnt get even Pack Leader border/title for 1-10000 , why?
Also in November i was top 250 of ladder and got my Slyzard avatar, but now i dont have "new" Great Wyrm avatar for 1-1000 in november
Also i dont have even Wild Hunt Hound title for rank 10 in december, Im pretty sure I was rank 20 in december
Many other titles/border I didnt received for unknown reasons, Im sure other players have same problem

If you reworked border/title system, I think players must receive rewards retroactive. Please fix this.

Last edited:
I suggest you file a bug-report with CDPR support instead of posting things like this on the forum. Might get you better results.....

I just wanted to notice that players now do not have awards, which they had to get under the new rules (and they will never be able to get them again probably)

Ok. I send question about trinkets from prev seasons via form on playgwent.com. I hope all players recieves their avatars and borders. I'm sure cdpr has data of all players ranks and ladder position for every season to do this properly.

Interesting new titles camed to trinket section - it says that they are for faction chanllegers, did You get any of them? I got Nilfgaard border but no title. Are they for the future challeges?

The changes in reward system is not retroactive and will not be applied to previous seasons, but don't worry - we want the trinkets from previous seasons to be available as rewards in the future.

Thanks for response. So there will be possibility to gain rewords from first season for example (season of warrior i suppose) in october? Will those rewards be year cyclic?

Speaking of early seasons. Is there a ingfo table where you can see your own stats and positions from earlier seasons. If not it would be an intresting idea to consider

I have a suspicion that the don't actually keep previous season rankings (just a waterline variable), so they'd have to scrape webpages for the data required to give retro rewards....
... it was definitely a mistake to SHOW those seasons rewards before they could be earned properly

Vattier;n10464882 said:
The changes in reward system is not retroactive and will not be applied to previous seasons, but don't worry - we want the trinkets from previous seasons to be available as rewards in the future.

But why leave the rewards for earlier seasons hanging there in the trinkets section in the first place, if no one can actually have them? Just for the players to fantasize how they could/should/would have this and that badass border or title, when they actually can't have any them?

yarchum;n10532032 said:
But why leave the rewards for earlier seasons hanging there in the trinkets section in the first place, if no one can actually have them?

Like explained, you can get them next year, when the seasons repeat.

as a reward for being high ranked at the start, we should get the rewards that other people get for the lower levels. Its fair, as in someone who went from 3 to 20 gets all the rewards. but if you start at 18 and end at 20 your in the same position but you haven't received the rewards that the climber got. It penalises the good players who start off high.

Top Bottom