Balance overhaul suggestions (Northern Realms)

+
Balance overhaul suggestions (Northern Realms)

This is my big balance overhaul (part 2, you can see part 1 here). I'd just like to share some of my opinions and ideas with the community. Hopefully, someone will read this.

The new patch could be considered nothing more than a balance fix for the Midwinter Patch. The only thing that has seemingly changed so far is that Dwarves are gone and Impera Enforcers are back to their old state. Here are some more in-depth changes

If you want to hear the reasoning for any of the changes I made, feel free to ask me in the comments.
Northern Realms

Vandergrift's Blade
Deal 11 damage to an enemy. If that kills it, banish it. Remove the option to destroy cursed units.
Removes weird cursed punish

Phillipa Eilhart
1 Strength. Deal 15 damage to an enemy. Deal the overkill damage to another enemy.
Adds consistency and keeps the card simple for new players (since it's a starter card)

Henselt
Allow him to only play a maximum of 2 copies of the chosen unit from your deck.
Prevents game-changing Winch plays.

Vernon Roche
Deal 9 damage (up from 7)
Allows Vernon's damage to actually kill important units instead of just being raw points.

Damned Sorceress
4 Strength, deal 6 damage. If there is a Cursed unit in your Graveyard, deal 9 damage instead.
Credit to RsMerchant

Kaedweni Revenant
5 Strength, 1 Armor. When you play your next Cursed unit, spawn a copy of this unit on its row with 1 less strength.
Replaces unthematic special synergy. The units spawned will decrease in value (5 spawns a 4. 4 spawns a 3. 3 spawns a 2, etc...) but makes it easier to trigger.

Kiyan
7 Strength. Boost self by 1 for each Cursed ally (on the board).
Replaces tutoring and random creating with a synergistic cursed effect. Heavily synergizes with Kaedweni Revenants.

Adda
7 Strength. Spawn a base copy of a Bronze cursed ally.
Makes her ability synergize with the archetype and increases consistency since you know what you're getting

Field Medic
6 Strength. Shuffle a Bronze unit in your graveyard back into your deck and boost it to this unit's strength. Add "Temeria" tag to the Medic.
Makes the card a viable option in Temeria decks to shuffle back Blue Stripes Commandos.

Aedirnian Mauler
5 Strength. Deal 4 damage to an enemy. Increase the damage by 2 for each Armored adjacent ally.
Adds synergy and power to a previously bland and weak card.

Bloody Baron
5 Strength. Play a Bronze or Silver Cursed unit from your deck.
Adds synergy. Thematically, this is a powerful 20 point play with the Botchling and Lubberkin.

Tridam Infantry
10 Strength. Give an ally 5 Armor.
Adds a little complexity to a previously bland card.

Ves
Make her mulligan work the same as it does in between rounds.
Currently, her ability forces you to pick all the cards you want to replace at the same time and doesn't blacklist, so it often happens that you just draw another copy of the card you just replaced.

I'd like to thank anyone who has read this post (even those who just looked at a couple of cards). Please tell me what you think. I welcome any suggestions. You can view the previous part here .

Last edited:
Interesting change for Phillipa and definetly a buff for her. But I guess, she deserves one.
Settting Henselt up with winch is ok in my opinion as it needs quite some setup to work and isn't completly reliable.
Vernon Roche doesn't need a buff in my opinion, together with Blue Stripe Scouts he can easily reach 7 power+7 damage and furthermore adds Blue Stripe Commando for another 7 points. So a buff for him might be too strong. On the other hand, currently it is often worth more not to have him in hand.
Field Medic does actually work pretty well with Temerian decks, but your idea is great, too. Maybe give the Temerian Drummer the current effect of the Medic.
Kiyan could go easily overboard in combination with Revenant and even without it, players should easily get him to 20 points this way, which would make him a quite unconditional finisher in cursed decks.
Adda would be a lot better this way, but I think it would be a bit of a shame that she would still be the only NR leader, which is completly bound to an archetype. Letting her copy any bronze ally, but adding the Curse tag to the spawned one, could be more interesting and allow other archetypes to use her too.

The rest of the changes are all great in my opinion.

FG15-ISH7EG;n10452432 said:
Vernon Roche doesn't need a buff in my opinion, together with Blue Stripe Scouts he can easily reach 7 power+7 damage and furthermore adds Blue Stripe Commando for another 7 points. So a buff for him might be too strong. On the other hand, currently it is often worth more not to have him in hand.
Well, my intention was to give Temerian decks some way to really interact with the enemy board. I run Geralt: Igni and Eskel: Pathfinder in my Temeria deck, becauseall the cards in the deck are proactive (if you don't count weather from Aretuza Adepts). I just get destroyed by engines... I'd trade in the 6 boost that Temerian Drummers have for 6 damage anyday, even though it doesn't kill anything important.

Kiyan could go easily overboard in combination with Revenant and even without it, players should easily get him to 20 points this way, which would make him a quite unconditional finisher in cursed decks.
Hm, I could limit him to only boost from units on the board. The interaction with Kaedweni Revenants is intended. If he boosts only form units on the board, it's not just an unconditional finisher and you actually have to set up your board before you play him. What do you say to that?

Adda would be a lot better this way, but I think it would be a bit of a shame that she would still be the only NR leader, which is completly bound to an archetype. Letting her copy any bronze ally, but adding the Curse tag to the spawned one, could be more interesting and allow other archetypes to use her too.
Adding tags to units can be dangerous, and definitely limits design space, so other than adding a doomed tag (like Aglais), it's very dangerous do add synergistic tags to any bronze card. I don't see a problem with it being a archetype bound leader. In the future, the curesd archetype could be expanded to many sub archetypes that all used cursed synergy, and of course, Adda would be the most optimal choice in all of them. Even Henselt only works on Machines and Kaedwen allies. As powerful as they are, I'm not a fan of random powerful abilities being placed on leader cards (John Calveit, for example). Though it's all a thing of opinion, in the end.

The rest of the changes are all great in my opinion.
Thanks, I appreciate the praise :)

I run only Scorch and Dethmold as reaction options, and rely on boosting my other units enough as a win condition. Aretuza Adepts aren't included in my deck, as I already have 9 cards that I don't want to have in my starting hand without weather cards for the Adepts.

What could make Vernon Roche more interesting would be to only add a Blue Stripe Commando to the deck, if the enemy was killed, but therefore his damage would be boosted to 9 as you suggested and the Blue Stripe Commando would be boosted to Vernon Roches strength.

Limiting Kiyan only to cards on the board would be enough in my opinion and as a compensation he could get more base strength or another additional effect.

That all leaders in NR hadn't that huge restrictions was one of the things I liked about NR the most (even Henselt can be used in a spam archetype with Kaedweni Siege Supports), but I can understand your reasoning. And nonetheless, even if Adda is restricted on cursed units, she still could be run in a partially cursed archetype.

FG15-ISH7EG;n10453312 said:
I run only Scorch and Dethmold as reaction options, and rely on boosting my other units enough as a win condition. Aretuza Adepts aren't included in my deck, as I already have 9 cards that I don't want to have in my starting hand without weather cards for the Adepts.

What could make Vernon Roche more interesting would be to only add a Blue Stripe Commando to the deck, if the enemy was killed, but therefore his damage would be boosted to 9 as you suggested and the Blue Stripe Commando would be boosted to Vernon Roches strength.

3x Blue Stripes Commando, 3x Temerian Infantry, Decoy, Commander's Horn (still trying it out after the nerf, lol) and Reinforcement. Though you only need 1 of those silvers in your deck to enable Natalis.
I can see where you're coming from. If Ves's mulligan worked properly, Aretuza Adepts would become a standard inclusion i think.

That idea with Roche is quite intriguing. It makes a lot of sense.

DannyGuy;n10451802 said:
Bloody Baron
5 Strength. Play a Bronze or Silver Cursed unit from your deck.
Adds synergy. Thematically, this is a powerful 20 point play with the Botchling and Lubberkin.

Yes, please! :)
Nice suggestions overall.

What if Aerdian Mauler removed armor and did double the damage instead? I'd like to have a retroactive card for Armor tbh.

OG.laloquaint;n10453952 said:
What if Aerdian Mauler removed armor and did double the damage instead? I'd like to have a retroactive card for Armor tbh.

I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind. Could you give a specific example please?

I am very glad that my suggestions seem plausible. Means that we might see some of the cards in question change in the future due to influx form the community. :)

OG.laloquaint Yeah, I specifically didn't want to create an exact opposite of an already existing card. I like the positioning aspect in my suggestion. However, seeing something more akin to what you suggested is more likely to happen than what I suggested.

My comments:

Vandergrift's Blade: good change. The card really needs a makeover. The idea of banishing the target is a good one, and I like that you keep it.

Phillipa Eilhart: Honestly, I like the current design better. I would only buff her by 1/2 points.

Henselt: disagree. Henselt is fine.

Vernon Roche: Roche is also fine. Don't forget that he spawns a Blue Stripes, which is free points.

Damned Sorceress: Better than now, I guess. Still not very viable.

Kaedweni Revenant: I love Revenant; I have no idea why you would want to change it.

Kiyan: Kiyan is pretty useless, but at least he is interesting. Your suggestion would make him really boring, IMO. A change that I would make is to change his create skill to one that synergizes with Revenant.

Adda: Adda is kind of so-so, but I don't see this as an improvement. You improve consistency, yes, but mostly for worse options.

Field Medic: That sounds like a really good design. And flavorful. Really good idea. (Maybe too strong, though.)

Aedirnian Mauler: Your suggestion makes more sense, but I guess they intentionally wanted him the ultimate vanilla flavor.

Bloody Baron: Bloody Baron is pretty weak and useless, but it is an unique and interesting design. (And flavorful, if you consider the bloody part.) I don't see why change that.

Ves: Currently, mulligan doesn't exist as a card ability. Only swap. To create a new keyword just for one card I think is not the right way of designing.

TrompeLaMort;n10455032 said:
Kaedweni Revenant: I love Revenant; I have no idea why you would want to change it.

Kiyan: Kiyan is pretty useless, but at least he is interesting. Your suggestion would make him really boring, IMO. A change that I would make is to change his create skill to one that synergizes with Revenant.

Adda: Adda is kind of so-so, but I don't see this as an improvement. You improve consistency, yes, but mostly for worse options.

Aedirnian Mauler: Your suggestion makes more sense, but I guess they intentionally wanted him the ultimate vanilla flavor.

Bloody Baron: Bloody Baron is pretty weak and useless, but it is an unique and interesting design. (And flavorful, if you consider the bloody part.) I don't see why change that.

Ves: Currently, mulligan doesn't exist as a card ability. Only swap. To create a new keyword just for one card I think is not the right way of designing.

The reason I changed Revenants is because they are Cursed, but don't actually fit in a Cursed deck. They fit more in a deck with as many tutors as possible, and special cards. I even made a deck like that, and the Revenants are much better outside of an actual Cursed Deck, which doesn't make sense to me. I agree that a new card could defeinitely inherit the old ability though.

Kiyan is a tutor card and a create card with a large range of options. I don't like either of those mechanics. I don't like how Gwent has evolved to a game of tutoring (in every single faction). Create would be fine if the range of choices wouldn't be as large. As much hate as it gets, I actually think Elven Scout is a well-designed card.

Adda's points will increase most of the time. You can't copy silvers, yes, but she's 1 point higher than before.

Perhaps you're right about Aedirnian Mauler. But I don't see the point in Gwent taking the Hearthstone route and printing a bunch of filler cards.

You probably haven't played the Witcher 3. I won't spoil anything for you, but I assure you that his "Bloody" title has nothing to do with Masochism. I do like the ability though. I think it could work on a different card (but boost for 2 instead with lower base strength, for example). I'd like Phillip to synergize with Cursed units.

Yes, the keyword is swap now, but everyone still calls it mulligan. Don't catch me by the tongue please :D

Last edited:
I made a similar post around here https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...-nr-interaction-stuff-thats-odd-and-weak-list most of it should still be accurate since the patch didnt change much.

VBlade:

Seems like a decent buff card is still not a maindeckable one imo though. It just doesnt do anything you really would want to do

Phillippa:

I also think shs fine and your version has some problems like what happens if there are damage points left after target 1 and 2. Her dmg could go up to 6 5 4 3 2 and she would still not be good though (bears and stuff)

Henselt:

I also think hes ok from a play perspective his abilities description though is a mess and not ok at all ^^

Roche:

In terms of points value hes fine atm i do agree though that not beeing able to actually kill something is a huge downside

Damned Sorceress:

I dont think this is a good change having to wait until something specific like a cursed unit hits your graveyard to even be doing something isnt great removing 2 strength and increasing her dmg by 2 would be sweet though. Keep current mechanic its fine

Kaedweni Revenant:

Remove the 1 point of armor then have your version is prolly quite good and fair enough. Then again how does this interact with getting strenghtend or buffed? Could just be the core to a new archetype though

Kiyan:

Defnitly needs a change currently i have no idea what im supposed to do with this card. Your version isnt good though its literally just a worse siege support :D

Princess Adda:

Dont you dare touch my beloved leader (Deck))
Shes fine yes random ofc but its not too high variance so you can always expect to get some decent choices and play around that. Iris and bochling from Adda into lubberkin out of your deck into botchling (FIX IT!) as it should work is a cool play aswell. Having her spwan a bronze isnt great since the cursed units kind of fight each other in what archetypes they fit into and when you want to play them. Adda is great let her be^^

Field Medic:

Reshuffling is the right direction but it has to reshuffle from the board and play a new unit again no discussions NR needs this medic version and the game is better with it since it makes 40 cards worth it.

Mauler:

Dont have a problem with this card its a 11 value card that can kill something which is sometimes relevant. Not strong but ok. If then change it to 5 dmg and 6 strength.

Bloody Baron:

People like this card the way it is so i would keep it that way.

Ves:

Agree on this her swap is only ok if you play her in the last round (so you dont redraw the swapped cards) in which case no clue what you are doing with your deck :D
If you play this card for deck fixing then Sarah is just the superior option.

Temerian infantry:

Well this card dunno would be sweet if it was cursed and 12 strength without armor. The biggest problem the cursed archetype has is that it has no clear unit that it can drop early which makes it super hard to enable all the "need to have another cursed unit on board" synergies. I realize the infantry doesnt make sense as a cursed unit btw. Just having a cursed card you could play before playing the others would be nice. I always end up playing bochling lubberkin first which is just weird

I like most of your suggestions, and think that a lot of them would be healthy for the game in the long run (particularly the leader changes), however there are some particularly in the cursed changes I have to disagree with.

DannyGuy;n10451802 said:
Kaedweni Revenant 5 Strength, 1 Armor. When you play your next Cursed unit, spawn a copy of this unit on its row with 1 less strength. Replaces unthematic special synergy. The units spawned will decrease in value (5 spawns a 4. 4 spawns a 3. 3 spawns a 2, etc...) but makes it easier to trigger.
I honestly don't think that revenant's ability needs to change. It wasn't designed as a support tool for the cursed archetype but rather in order to create its own one. I think it might need an armour buff because of its survivability, however its current effect has created an interesting archetype which I'd rather not see go away. Also though its synergy with items and specials may seem unthematic I always felt like it seemed like an army of the dead slowly returning as they can sense their weapons (items) returning and can feel the presence of the magic (spells) which doomed them. It may seem far fetched but I personally felt that way towards the card.

DannyGuy;n10451802 said:
Kiyan 7 Strength. Boost self by 1 for each Cursed ally (on the board). Replaces tutoring and random creating with a synergistic cursed effect. Heavily synergizes with Kaedweni Revenants.
Though Kiyan should probably be changed, I have two problems with this suggestion. Firstly this wouldn't work in a revenant deck, because the deck already has access to better finishers (such as yennefer) and has a problem with developing the revenants and keeping them alive rather than closing out the game with them. This version of kiyan feels like too much of a win more card.
Secondly the effect is very unfitting for a cursed archetype and feels too similar to too many other finisher effects (impera brigade, dol blathana). I think it would be more interesting to see more cursed graveyard interaction like "for every cursed unit in your graveyard boost self by 2, up to a maximum of 20". Or perhaps something like rsmerchant's suggestion "choose the effect of two different bronze cursed units in your graveyard and trigger them". This would be both more thematically pleasing as well as providing cursed decks with an interesting finisher, which was something they struggled to find because sabrina's scepter is the closest alternative which isn't worth enough points as a finisher and is often instead used to develop revenants or as a 16 point play with cursed knight.

I think the rest of your suggestions would be incredibly beneficial to the game. (Also I think the adda change would be a good effect for a lot of the create leaders, as they would be simple and interesting enough for draft mode, yet still fun enough to create interesting constructed decks without relying on rng. Maybe whispering hillock should do the same for relicts, and filavandrel the same for ambush units.)

Perhaps cursed knight should also transform a unit into an exact copy of itself rather than a base copy so that it could have synergy's with effects like alzur's double cross, quen (if it ever returns to the game), decoy, and a couple of other things. It would create even more interesting interactions for cursed decks. I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

PeteTheN00b;n10455312 said:
This version of kiyan feels like too much of a win more card.

Wow, I couldn't have phrased that better myself. The thing is, what is the cursed archetype's theme? I struggle to see it. Elves swarm, Wild Hunt has Clear Synergy with Frost, but Cursed just sort of generates random points (and it doesn't generate many). I thought that I could establish clear swarmy tactics gameplay with Kiyan and Kaedweni Revenants.

​​

Tschjo;n10455232 said:
Phillippa:
I also think shs fine and your version has some problems like what happens if there are damage points left after target 1 and 2. Her dmg could go up to 6 5 4 3 2 and she would still not be good though (bears and stuff)

Henselt:
I also think hes ok from a play perspective his abilities description though is a mess and not ok at all ^^

Roche:
In terms of points value hes fine atm i do agree though that not beeing able to actually kill something is a huge downside

Damned Sorceress:
I dont think this is a good change having to wait until something specific like a cursed unit hits your graveyard to even be doing something isnt great removing 2 strength and increasing her dmg by 2 would be sweet though. Keep current mechanic its fine

Kaedweni Revenant:
Remove the 1 point of armor then have your version is prolly quite good and fair enough. Then again how does this interact with getting strenghtend or buffed? Could just be the core to a new archetype though

Kiyan:
Defnitly needs a change currently i have no idea what im supposed to do with this card. Your version isnt good though its literally just a worse siege support :D

Princess Adda:
Dont you dare touch my beloved leader (Deck))
Shes fine yes random ofc but its not too high variance so you can always expect to get some decent choices and play around that. Iris and bochling from Adda into lubberkin out of your deck into botchling (FIX IT!) as it should work is a cool play aswell. Having her spwan a bronze isnt great since the cursed units kind of fight each other in what archetypes they fit into and when you want to play them. Adda is great let her be^^

Field Medic:
Reshuffling is the right direction but it has to reshuffle from the board and play a new unit again no discussions NR needs this medic version and the game is better with it since it makes 40 cards worth it.

Mauler:
Dont have a problem with this card its a 11 value card that can kill something which is sometimes relevant. Not strong but ok. If then change it to 5 dmg and 6 strength.

Bloody Baron:
People like this card the way it is so i would keep it that way.

Ves:
Agree on this her swap is only ok if you play her in the last round (so you dont redraw the swapped cards) in which case no clue what you are doing with your deck :D
If you play this card for deck fixing then Sarah is just the superior option.

Temerian infantry:
Well this card dunno would be sweet if it was cursed and 12 strength without armor. The biggest problem the cursed archetype has is that it has no clear unit that it can drop early which makes it super hard to enable all the "need to have another cursed unit on board" synergies. I realize the infantry doesnt make sense as a cursed unit btw. Just having a cursed card you could play before playing the others would be nice. I always end up playing bochling lubberkin first which is just weird

Phillipa Eilhart
If ther is still some damage left after the second target, nothing happens. The overkill only triggers once, as stated in my suggestion. That could be changed, though.

Henselt
I totally agree with his description being a mess. I don't like the way CDPR uses keywords now... as you said in your post, can it play my silver ogre goblin soldiers? I'd just limit his ability to machines only. It's much more streamlined that way.

Kaedweni Revenant
What I had in mind was that even if the card was strengthened, it'd still spawn a base copy of itself -1. I didn't want to include that in my original post, but that's what I had in mind. After playing 4 cursed units, this is only 15 value (with a big risk). I think I'd keep the armor.

Kiyan
It's not anything like a SIege support. It only buffs retroactively, not proactively.

Princess Adda
I just hate create on leaders, okay? Can't stand it. It doesn't actually support an archetype. Radovid is currently a stronger choice in cursed NR than Adda...

Field Medic
Yeah, I won't argue. It'd be nice if it didn't pull a completely random unit as before, but instead gave you a choice of 2.

Aedirnian Mauler
I don't know what cards you'd want to kill with only 4 damage. It doesn't even kill Kaedweni Revenants, for fucks sake. Also, I really hate filler cards.

Bloody Baron
Yeah, people seem to like it, but if they really love it that much, give the effect to another card and Give the Baron my proposed effect. It makes more sense lore-wise.

Ves
I don't think you understand. Ves doesn't blacklist cards. It doesn't matter which round you play her in, you mulligan a Temerian Infantry and just draw another Temerian Infantry from your deck... I play Ves because she gets rid of 2 useless cards in my hand. More often than not, I don't get a copy of the same card I replaced, but every now and then it happens. Sarah only replaces 1 card, which isn't enough for my Temeria deck.

?Temerian? Infantry
I assume you mean Tridam Infantry. Also, speaking of opening plays for a Cursed deck - You have Kaedweni Revenants and you can always include Reinforced Trebuchets in your deck, for example. I see what you mean though. Wild Hunt struggles with the exact same problem (When playing without Moonlight). I've gotten used to playing Wild Hunt Hound and then pulling the enemy units into the Frost with Drowners.

DannyGuy;n10456232 said:
Wow, I couldn't have phrased that better myself. The thing is, what is the cursed archetype's theme? I struggle to see it. Elves swarm, Wild Hunt has Clear Synergy with Frost, but Cursed just sort of generates random points (and it doesn't generate many). I thought that I could establish clear swarmy tactics gameplay with Kiyan and Kaedweni Revenants.
I think Revenants is its own archetype rather than the cursed one. In my opinion cursed knight and sabrina's scepter (though I hate that they printed another sigdrifa) are the best representations of cursed's themes. Transforming allies and coming back from the grave (though I think this should be done in ways similar to your damned sorceress proposal, rather than in the way sabrina's scepter does this.) Effects which trigger based off of allies being in the graveyard, stuff like that. Unfortunately cdpr didn't print that many cards which explored this which is why I can understand the confusion.

DannyGuy;n10455052 said:
Yes, the keyword is swap now, but everyone still calls it mulligan. Don't catch me by the tongue please :D

Just wanted to note I wasn't trying to correct your wording, they are design-wise different things. Mulligan has black-listing, swap doesn't. That is how the mechanics were designed, and balanced.

DannyGuy;n10456812 said:
Kiyan
It's not anything like a SIege support. It only buffs retroactively, not proactively.

Sure but in terms of stats its the same which is meh.

DannyGuy;n10456812 said:
Princess Adda
I just hate create on leaders, okay? Can't stand it. It doesn't actually support an archetype. Radovid is currently a stronger choice in cursed NR than Adda...

Dont know and havent tried. Im running cursed shupe and adda is the way to go since its rough finding cursed bodies but with adda you always get one.

DannyGuy;n10456812 said:
Aedirnian Mauler
I don't know what cards you'd want to kill with only 4 damage. It doesn't even kill Kaedweni Revenants, for fucks sake. Also, I really hate filler cards.

The dwarf dealing 3 dmg is similar in that it never kills something. Its just a value card but with the cursed mage guy and the flail the 4 dmg matter often for me at least.

DannyGuy;n10456812 said:
Ves
I don't think you understand. Ves doesn't blacklist cards. It doesn't matter which round you play her in, you mulligan a Temerian Infantry and just draw another Temerian Infantry from your deck... I play Ves because she gets rid of 2 useless cards in my hand. More often than not, I don't get a copy of the same card I replaced, but every now and then it happens. Sarah only replaces 1 card, which isn't enough for my Temeria deck.

It does and i think she does at least for her draw. Also she doesnt swap 1 card and another she swaps 2 at the same time so those 2 should be blacklisted. At least for me? cause i have never drawn either of the 2 i swapped with her swap. Only in the next ground i always draw the cards hence you should play her last round^^

DannyGuy;n10456812 said:
?Temerian? Infantry
I assume you mean Tridam Infantry. Also, speaking of opening plays for a Cursed deck - You have Kaedweni Revenants and you can always include Reinforced Trebuchets in your deck, for example. I see what you mean though. Wild Hunt struggles with the exact same problem (When playing without Moonlight). I've gotten used to playing Wild Hunt Hound and then pulling the enemy units into the Frost with Drowners.

Kaedweni Revenant is not a card for a cursed archetype its a card for a item/spell archetype. Revenant into cursed knight is not a reasonable play^^

Tschjo;n10458412 said:
Kiyan
Sure but in terms of stats its the same which is meh.

Aedirnian Mauler
The dwarf dealing 3 dmg is similar in that it never kills something. Its just a value card but with the cursed mage guy and the flail the 4 dmg matter often for me at least.

Ves
It does and i think she does at least for her draw. Also she doesnt swap 1 card and another she swaps 2 at the same time so those 2 should be blacklisted. At least for me? cause i have never drawn either of the 2 i swapped with her swap. Only in the next ground i always draw the cards hence you should play her last round^^

Kiyan
With Revenants working as I suggested, you could get some serious value. I can see where you're coming from though. Saskia is a similar card and she never sees play.

Aedirnian Mauler
Good for you, I guess. I've personally never seen Aedirnian Maulers played, and I don't see any reason to include them in any deck currently. Never tried Shupe NR though.

Ves
I play Blue Stripes Temeria a lot, and I assure you - Ves doesn't balcklist, no matter what round you play her in. Also, the fact that you choose all the cards you want to swap at the same time ins't a good thing. I honestly don't see why you're defending this card.

TrompeLaMort;n10458092 said:
Just wanted to note I wasn't trying to correct your wording, they are design-wise different things. Mulligan has black-listing, swap doesn't. That is how the mechanics were designed, and balanced.

Oh, wooow. I didn't know this. I haven't played Vrihedd Officers since the Midwinter update and I've never even tried Ban Ard Tutors. This is gabage, man. I even looked it up to see if you're right, and...

Excerpt from a Reddit thread talking about swap.

Top Bottom