Winch should be doomed

+
Winch should be doomed

Because when Henselt in 3rd round pulls 6 cards its a 50+ points swing and its not healty for the game
Also when u use 1 bronze card and can select best machine from 3 options, without any penalty - its not very balanced at all

Iuliandrei;n10467972 said:
I think the problem is Henselt, not Winch

^ This and to expand further, Winch might not even give you the card you want to rally with, even though the chance is decent. Furthermore, it's risky to use Henselt without having a backup because it can easily be countered by sniping the machine. Also, knowing the strength of Henselt, you should avoid passing until the opponent has played the leader or you are confident you can counter it.

In the end, Winch is okay. Henselt could be nerfed to pull a maximum of 3 copies (4 total), though considering the niche situation, I rather leave him untouched.

The problem is both of them. Cards that are Created need the doomed tag, in my opinion. Henselt, even though he is my favorite NR leader, is ridiculously strong. I think limiting the amount of cards he can pull would be the best option.

ZenaRose;n10467872 said:
Because when Henselt in 3rd round pulls 6 cards its a 50+ points swing and its not healty for the game

Tip: spare 2 removal cards(Sweers); look for Nenneker/winch interaction. Then make Helselt 3pt brick using damage/sweers/banish/muzzle in short R3.

Henselt 6 card is high risk/high reward play. Can be countered. Unlike some other cards..

Last edited:
OG.laloquaint;n10468982 said:
The problem is both of them. Cards that are Created need the doomed tag, in my opinion. Henselt, even though he is my favorite NR leader, is ridiculously strong. I think limiting the amount of cards he can pull would be the best option.

Totally this.

Create should not be a device to exceed the max number of units of the same kind permitted in a single deck, especially because some archetypes can exploit the graveyard insanely, much like a second deck.

Imo each and every Created (not Spawned) unit should be an advantage limited to the current round.

Tir_na_Lia;n10470782 said:
Create should not be a device to exceed the max number of units of the same kind permitted in a single deck, especially because some archetypes can exploit the graveyard insanely, much like a second deck. Imo each and every Created (not Spawned) unit should be an advantage limited to the current round.

What's wrong with create but spawn like Dwarven agitators are perfectly fine? basically Agitators essentially allow you to put 6 Skirmishers to your deck, and not only that but those 3 extra come with 1 point increase (was 2 points).

There's a slight problem with Winch atm that there aren't enough machines available but this would get better with time. Henselt however wasn't balanced around the fact you can get more than 3 bronzes in your deck, when he was redesigned from the promote archetype the devs didn't predict the existence of Winch.

Iuliandrei;n10470982 said:
What's wrong with create but spawn like Dwarven agitators are perfectly fine? basically Agitators essentially allow you to put 6 Skirmishers to your deck, and not only that but those 3 extra come with 1 point increase (was 2 points).

When I wrote "spawn" I had Eredin in mind.

Agitators should create Doomed units as well.

Henselt is fine, not even a tier 1 deck. The leader's ability is strong, of course, but you need to build the entire deck around it, and it is easily counterable. I've argued this multiple times: balancing the game well is not removing every single effect that is strong when it works.

Guest 4226291

TrompeLaMort;n10472132 said:
Henselt is fine, not even a tier 1 deck. The leader's ability is strong, of course, but you need to build the entire deck around it, and it is easily counterable. I've argued this multiple times: balancing the game well is not removing every single effect that is strong when it works.

Agreed. Try using Henselt when they Alzur Thunder or Sweers whatever you’re trying to rally. It is the strongest leader when he goes off but waiting until round 3 to use him may result in a bricked hand and he becomes useless. He is a high-risk high-reward card. If you need too, bleed him out in round 2 forcing him to drop his Henselt.

TrompeLaMort;n10472132 said:

Disagree. And i could probably copy/paste the reason why from the comments i made about an older version of Harald the Cripple, the fact that leaders should be pretty straightforward and consistent. I don't mind situational high-risk high-reward cards, these would make excellent golds, but this shouldn't apply to leaders imo.

ZenaRose;n10478682 said:
When 1 card can make 50 points swing its never fine. And does not matter its tier 1 or tier 9000

That is what I strongly disagree; and I think this thought potentially makes for a very boring and point-smashing game.

Okay, so Winch has been nerfed. But dont you think they went a bit overboard with the nerf? I have never seen anyone play Winch after the swap update, not even people trying unusual tactics. Surely a nerf that renders a card pretty much useless is taking the things too far? As much as I hate to criticize the fine minds behind this game, I dont think this was a well thought nerf.

It certainly does not benefit the game to have one less card to consider when you are building your deck. Literally any other bronce for Northern Realms seems like a better option to include in your deck, and that is true even if all you put all the available siege machines in your deck that might benefit from Winch.

I don't thin winch is bad. It needs 4 machines to be worth it, which isn't that much considering after a Henselt play there should be at least 3 machines on the board. The only problem with this card is the removal heavy meta, else winch would be fine.
Nonetheless the card is boring.

If for Homecoming the number of bronzes are reduced to 2 per card I could imagine its old ability being reverted as Henselt will work differently for sure.

Top Bottom