Foltest, Roche, Natalis, Dandelion - Northern Realms

+
Foltest, Roche, Natalis, Dandelion - Northern Realms

Hey guys
lately i play blue stripes deck a lot and came to conclusion that this construction have to many cards that u dont want to have in hand at all: temerian infantry and stripes commando. What's more it's really pain whan you don't hold at least 2 scouts in your open hand.

So i suggest giving foltest additional ability to swap up to one card in hand with a random card, like semi-vess

Roche is awesome, i really love this card, please give him one more commando, even in cost of damage delt on play.
It really ist rare that i play scout without commando for foltest, infantry, roche, sometimes natalis or margarita pull one too.
That probably won't be gamebraking and i think it will provide a lot of happines to somes lifes ;)

John Natalis Sucks xD
he is like Letho but much weaker, now when Commanders Horn got nerfed norhten realms have hard time.
in this case i suggest additional ability "whenever you play tactic card boost self by 1" <- nice right? how many tacic you may play in one game its 10 point boost at max (3 reconeissnce, 3 winch, decoy, reinforcements, commanders horn, first light) cant imagine anyone running this much tactics in deck

Dandelion, yet another beloved card but too weak to give him a shot. Now he is so weak i cant even force myself to create construction with him

Thats all
thanks

All we need for this deck is our reshuffle medic back!

I feel like on all the NR cards CDPR is thinking that foltest exists therefore they make every card -1 in power cause otherwise foltest would buff them over the top... right?

The thing is that this wouldnt even be the case. Even if you get lets say 15 units on the board foltest will only generate 20 points overall. This isnt a lot! Other leaders easily generate 16+ points without having you to set up an attackable board with 15 units. So yeah NR cards could almost all just be +1 in power

Last edited:
Tschjo;n10472572 said:
Since you have to run 2 Keadweni Sergant (officer not soldier) for anti-wather utilities there is no enaugh room for medic in deck. More Keadweni Sergant is crew (as Foltest and Bluestripes Scout) so i prefer to run sidge towers(15 power bronze is cool, one need 7 soldiers on board to make this much with medic) and foltest's Pride.

boostig all NR units +1 is no help since scouts will still bosst them all to 8 points so it changes nothig, there still is problem with draws

One thing more. Fix swaps, its idiotic now that when i play vess in first round i get cards i just mulliganed

vking2009;n10472662 said:
Since you have to run 2 Keadweni Sergant (officer not soldier) for anti-wather utilities there is no enaugh room for medic in deck. More Keadweni Sergant is crew (as Foltest and Bluestripes Scout) so i prefer to run sidge towers(15 power bronze is cool, one need 7 soldiers on board to make this much with medic) and foltest's Pride.

Im referring to the medic pre winter patch which let you to shuffle one of your bronze units on the board back into your deck giving you another random bronze unit

Tschjo;n10472572 said:
he thing is that this wouldnt even be the case. Even if you get lets say 15 units on the board foltest will only generate 20 points overall. This isnt a lot! Other leaders easily generate 16+ points without having you to set up an attackable board with 15 units. So yeah NR cards could almost all just be +1 in power
Thats just not what foltest is. He isnt meant for powerplays, to rush a round. He is a solid opener, you an play him without risk much power to loose. Sure you dindt get muh power out of your deck, but your deck is heavy synergized. temerien soldier, scout, bluestrip you mostly play two cards at one and each play with more synergy.
For a medic it is helpfull top play with fucking Infantry. Three targets for medic and includes a Scorch/gigni-sacrifice.
Lorewise, Foltest is the only King who can build a valid army with only his own men (temerien), neither henselt nor radovic can do that.

Fimbulthrym;n10476662 said:
Thats just not what foltest is. He isnt meant for powerplays, to rush a round. He is a solid opener, you an play him without risk much power to loose. Sure you dindt get muh power out of your deck, but your deck is heavy synergized. temerien soldier, scout, bluestrip you mostly play two cards at one and each play with more synergy.
For a medic it is helpfull top play with fucking Infantry. Three targets for medic and includes a Scorch/gigni-sacrifice.
Lorewise, Foltest is the only King who can build a valid army with only his own men (temerien), neither henselt nor radovic can do that.

Every card is meant for power plays. Either the moment you play it or at a later point but they are all meant for power plays. Foltest is a HORRIBLE opener. You should almost NEVER play foltest first expecially NOT if you go first. What are you gonna do play foltest for 5 power your opponent is the reveal deck with 2-3 daerlan soldier and 3 Imperial golems and a fire scorpion. They put down 3x3 + 3x4 + 5 + 7 = 33 power how do you recover from that after playing foltest? Thats right you dont you concede the round and youll be down a card in round 3.

One if the best changes CDPR made was to make Foltest better at beeing played LATE. You want to set up your board FIRST then play Foltest to actually get the tempo that you cannot just miss expecially not with NR.

Also every deck is heavy synergized. What kind of argument are you trying to make here? Is spies not synergetic? Is bears not synergetic? Alchemy? Spelliatel? Naturally every deck is synergistic that is what a card game is all about. Finding the best ways to combine your cards for synergetic effects thats why nobody liked the vomit point meta since its like playing a shooter with an aim bot.
What you miss is that NR is playing more cards yes but they HAVE TO play more of those cards cause they only reach the same power IF they are played all together. And this is the kicker and why NR needs buffs here. For the other factions when they play their cards together they get HUGE power increases like NG spies every spy they play is worth 2 x X - 2 while X is euqal to every Spy synergy unit. If you drop 3 every spy is worth 4 ADDITIONAL points for you. Thats SYNERGY and powerful synergy at that.

Ok, we disagree on all terms. Foltest isnt meant to powerplay but to split his hole power over all his units. So he saved this points to a moment you a fight but play a card. What will you play as opener instead against you own example of NG? You start, you are already a card behind. So no trouble for being this round 3. You opponent wasted a 33 combo against a 5-Card.
With synergie i mean each card in you deck effected each other by some kind. SK Bears did not. You an play a Bear trainer, 12 points,end of the line. This turn was stable, but no synergie. Instead you have other cards who abuse the strenght of this card. Same for NG Spies. None of the spies itself is strong card. Only the the two one with 2 damage or +2 strenght /spy make this deck playable. NR-Foltest dont have this ridiculous strong cards, like bear trainer or impera. Yes they have to use synergy, but all other factions as well. I mean this Foltest deck is good, but all others have just one or two too string cards, which needed either removed or nerfed for sure.

Tschjo;n10476782 said:
One if the best changes CDPR made was to make Foltest better at beeing played LATE. You want to set up your board FIRST then play Foltest to actually get the tempo that you cannot just miss expecially not with NR.

Powerplays with foltest? hom nay units one may play in one game? 10? 20? 26 if u play 2 units every turn what is almost impossible, that makes him 31 power unit at best situation i can imagine and i have pretty good imaginating skills.
So if u pass two rounds and still didnt lost, and played 13 turn of two units each, foltest swings for 31, that's ridiculous, not even funny

Fimbulthrym;n10478542 said:
Ok, we disagree on all terms. Foltest isnt meant to powerplay but to split his hole power over all his units. So he saved this points to a moment you a fight but play a card. What will you play as opener instead against you own example of NG? You start, you are already a card behind. So no trouble for being this round 3. You opponent wasted a 33 combo against a 5-Card.
With synergie i mean each card in you deck effected each other by some kind. SK Bears did not. You an play a Bear trainer, 12 points,end of the line. This turn was stable, but no synergie. Instead you have other cards who abuse the strenght of this card. Same for NG Spies. None of the spies itself is strong card. Only the the two one with 2 damage or +2 strenght /spy make this deck playable. NR-Foltest dont have this ridiculous strong cards, like bear trainer or impera. Yes they have to use synergy, but all other factions as well. I mean this Foltest deck is good, but all others have just one or two too string cards, which needed either removed or nerfed for sure.

Your opponent didnt waste anything here they just thinned their deck and are forcing you to play some of your best cards (HIGHEST IN TEMPO = BEST CARDS)

Foltest is meant to be played in a deck that swarms the board so you can take advantage of his buff to all the units you played.
I would just have dun banner in my deck and play like this
Turn 1: blue stripe scout pulling a blue stripe commando.
Turn 2: reaver scout on blue strip scout getting another blue stripe commando. (in case they missed on one of their 4 power cards) or
Turn 2: Play temerian infantry pulling all copies and another commando.
Turn 3: Foltest for 14-16 power. Turn 2 already beats the 33 openning btw just showing of how Foltest works.

So ressurecting a 1 power guy bear spawning unit is not synergy? Or strengthening the 1 power bear spawn guys so you ressourect more power with them is no synergy? Every good deck is synergistic THATS THE POINT. Even the dwarf point vomit is synergistic

vking2009;n10479962 said:
Powerplays with foltest? hom nay units one may play in one game? 10? 20? 26 if u play 2 units every turn what is almost impossible, that makes him 31 power unit at best situation i can imagine and i have pretty good imaginating skills.
So if u pass two rounds and still didnt lost, and played 13 turn of two units each, foltest swings for 31, that's ridiculous, not even funny

Turn 1: blue stripe scout pulling a blue stripe commando. 2 units on the board.
Turn 2: reaver scout on blue strip scout getting another blue stripe commando. 5 units on the board.
Turn 3: repeat turn 2. 8 Units on the board.
Turn 4: Play temerian infantry pull another commando (you play roche in your deck so you got 4). 12 Units on the board
Turn 5: Play Foltest. Buffs your 12 units by 1 + his own 5 power = 17 power foltest tempo swing.

You can play the witcher tripplet in between if you need to catch up in tempo which also adds 3 units if you want to attack this by saying what if opponent tempos and ofc if you play Foltest want Dun Banner anyway which means you would get another +3 from playing Foltest boosting his tempo to 20 points.

This is how you play Foltest.

1. PFI: 3 units
2. Reaver Scout into PFI: 7 units
3. Blue Stripes Scout with Commando: 9
4: Reaver Scout into Blue Strips Scout with Commando: 12 units
5: Foltest pulling another Commando

This makes Foltest a 23 power play

Tschjo;n10480462 said:
Your opponent didnt waste anything here they just thinned their deck and are forcing you to play some of your best cards (HIGHEST IN TEMPO = BEST CARDS)

Foltest is meant to be played in a deck that swarms the board so you can take advantage of his buff to all the units you played.
I would just have dun banner in my deck and play like this
Turn 1: blue stripe scout pulling a blue stripe commando.
Turn 2: reaver scout on blue strip scout getting another blue stripe commando. (in case they missed on one of their 4 power cards) or
Turn 2: Play temerian infantry pulling all copies and another commando.
Turn 3: Foltest for 14-16 power. Turn 2 already beats the 33 openning btw just showing of how Foltest works.

So ressurecting a 1 power guy bear spawning unit is not synergy? Or strengthening the 1 power bear spawn guys so you ressourect more power with them is no synergy? Every good deck is synergistic THATS THE POINT. Even the dwarf point vomit is synergistic

Turn 1: blue stripe scout pulling a blue stripe commando. 2 units on the board.
Turn 2: reaver scout on blue strip scout getting another blue stripe commando. 5 units on the board.
Turn 3: repeat turn 2. 8 Units on the board.
Turn 4: Play temerian infantry pull another commando (you play roche in your deck so you got 4). 12 Units on the board
Turn 5: Play Foltest. Buffs your 12 units by 1 + his own 5 power = 17 power foltest tempo swing.

You can play the witcher tripplet in between if you need to catch up in tempo which also adds 3 units if you want to attack this by saying what if opponent tempos and ofc if you play Foltest want Dun Banner anyway which means you would get another +3 from playing Foltest boosting his tempo to 20 points.

This is how you play Foltest.

Okay, i did some math, that were big numbers and i did it on paper, so there may be mistake (didnt use binominal distribution so thre may be a five percentage point lie)

if u want to run 3x dun banner, 3 x infantry, 3x BS scout, 3x river scout, witcher triiple, 4x commando - that makes you 26 card deck

and to pull sth like you described you need to draw:
1 bs scout, 2 river or bs scouts, 1 infatry, 1 witcher
AND u dont want to draw more than one witcher, more than 3 scouts total, any dunbanners more than one infantry and any commando.
That gives you only 52% chance to get you such open hand.
And its the worst playable opan hand since it lose with one at 4 damage removal.
(didn't count mulligans)

Noone will make me belive that 52% chance is enaugh to play, forget it

Code:
Number of combinantions of desired open hand:
3  - one of three witchers
3 - one of three BS scouts
5 - one of two remainig bs scouts or three river scouts
4 - j.w but there is one unit alredy drawn
3 - one of three infantry
on this point we have alredy drawn everything we want so lets fill rest with cards that don't make much bad, 26 cards in deck - 5 drwan makes 21, we dont wants 2 witchers, 3 duns, 2 infantry, 4 sommando tats 11,
21-11 = 10
So number of permutations = 3*3*3*4*5*10*9*8*7*6 = 10!*9/2
and number of possible permutiations 10 out of 26 = 26!/(16!*10!)
divide one by another and u will get 0.5172...

vking2009;n10481832 said:
if u want to run 3x dun banner, 3 x infantry, 3x BS scout, 3x river scout, witcher triiple, 4x commando - that makes you 26 card deck

And here is where your assumption is wrong. Its not 26 cards you will play 40 and only 40 cards. And the way you fight off the bad draws is the reshuffle medic that was taken from NR.

Tschjo;n10472572 said:

And there we go we just came full circle

vking2009;n10472542 said:
So i suggest giving foltest additional ability to swap up to one card in hand with a random card, like a semi-Ves
What we really need is for Ves's ability to function properly, like the mulligans you get at the start of the game. Currently, it doesn't blacklist and you have to choose both cards at the same time...

Roche is awesome, i really love this card, please give him one more commando, even in cost of damage delt on play.
Definitely not necessary. I play Temeria a lot and +1 Blue Stripes Scout is already strong as hell.

John Natalis Sucks xD he is like Letho but much weaker, now when Commanders Horn got nerfed norhten realms have hard time. in this case i suggest additional ability "whenever you play tactic card boost self by 1" <- nice right? how many tacic you may play in one game its 10 point boost at max (3 reconeissnce, 3 winch, decoy, reinforcements, commanders horn, first light) cant imagine anyone running this much tactics in deck
I agree that he got slightly weaker with Commander's Horn getting nerfed, but he's still really good. You can still paly Marching Orders, Decoys, etc... You never played Natalis with a single tactics card anyway... The suggestion you propose would make Natalis Really weak, and there isn't a deck that'd fit that sort of card anyway.

Top Bottom