The light calvaries are too easy to pull out now?

+
The light calvaries are too easy to pull out now?

Since spies are buffed to 13 points, so you only need to stay 8 points behind then throw the spy, ez win on equal cards, right? Do you guys think that the requirement for them to trigger should be increased too when all units have been buffed a lot?

I agree that the combination with spies is far too easy. On the other hand, their value isn't good anymore either. 12 points or with Foltest 15, isn't that great anymore. A lot of bronze cards reach easily 12 points. So without relying on the Thaler combination they are pretty bad.

What is odd, too is that they are the only summoned unit that still arrives as 4. Every other unit of this type was changed.

Therefore, I would suggest the following:

Dun Banner Light Cavalry, 6 strength, 2 armour
Summon a copy of this unit, whenever you are loosing by more than 15 points at turn start.

This way, the interaction with Thaler only generates half as much points, but they are a lot easier to trigger, so they might see play even without Thaler.

Also, they have a little synergie in an armour archetype.

Last edited:
These cards along with the other musters will mess up your draw so making them worse will simply mean that they are never played at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
As state above, I think they're okay. They can really mess up one's hand at times so I think 4 points is the right amount.

OR you just play your own spy in response???

I mean srsly how is this a problem for anyone? Compare this how easy it is for NG to swap their spies power with their unit so you get a 1 point spy while they draw a card. If you complain about NR thinning their deck by 3 cards and catching up a power lead (not even getting ahead in power) how furious you must be about that NG spy interaction.

Jokes aside Dun banner is no problem doesnt need a nerf its more on the needs a buff side of things since you cant buff them anymore with temerian scouts and Dandelion is far from beeing playable. They are cards and they do exist and any bronze unit is more powerful

Last edited:
Tschjo;n10488082 said:
OR you just play your own spy in response???

I mean srsly how is this a problem for anyone? Compare this how easy it is for NG to swap their spies power with their unit so you get a 1 point spy while they draw a card. If you complain about NR thinning their deck by 3 cards and catching up a power lead (not even getting ahead in power) how furious you must be about that NG spy interaction.

Jokes aside Dun banner is no problem doesnt need a nerf its more on the needs a buff side of things since you cant buff them anymore with temerian scouts and Dandelion is far from beeing playable. They are cards and they do exist and any bronze unit is more powerful

You can never be sure that a spy is in your hand to counter it. And this forces everyone to auto-include a spy in deck building. I don't mind if Radovid or Foltest pull them out but Henselt because he can create huge tempo.

pthieu1986;n10490012 said:
You can never be sure that a spy is in your hand to counter it. And this forces everyone to auto-include a spy in deck building. I don't mind if Radovid or Foltest pull them out but Henselt because he can create huge tempo.

You should always play a spy cause you can get play advantage with one in round 3 even if you had to play first in round 1. And yes you cant be sure just like you cant be sure anything is in your hand to do something but you still put those best cards into your deck. Henselt gives you a 13 power spy triggers 12 points for himself but needs to be 20+ points behind. No problem here since he still has to play a card. This is fine mate accept it reviving to 20 strengthend units though is not.

I don't think dun banners were ever the problem. The issue came from the different ways to plus 1 additional spy than your opponent. Now that each player can only play 1 spy, putting dun banners in the deck is a much more risky endeavour, and may require addition ways to proc (sabrina or iris for example)

I think that they'd be fine at 22 or so. Just to give your opponent some leeway, cause it's not like you usually have a choice to play around it.

Top Bottom