Arena (Draft mode) suggestions

+

• Total voters

From what was shown in the dev stream, it seems to me that the format has just been ported from Hearthstone with no adaptions. I have a couple of suggestions, some of them are just parroting other people's ideas and some are my own original thoughts.
  • Put a limit on how many Golds/Silvers you can draft at once. I think a limit of 6 Golds and 9 Silvers is reasonable enough (Both caps increased by 50%, compared to standard).
  • Either remove Silver Spies from the drafting pool or make it so that you can only draft one Silver Spy in a given deck.
  • Display the Leaders that you will be able to choose from at the end throughout the whole draft, from the beginning - That way, players could draft around specific leaders and remove many drafting risks.
  • When drafting Muster cards, add up to 3 copies of the given unit to your deck (If you have enough remaining space) and blacklist the card for the rest of the draft.
  • When you encounter a premium during the draft stage, make it so that all of the 4 choices are premium instead of just one - that way, people can still draft the good cards while enjoying an awesome animation. Alternatively, you could just have the premiums mirror those in your collection, but that'd be very unfair to new players with smaller collections.
What do you think?

Last edited:
Seems i'm the first to vote, i do agree with the spy one though.
The muster trio is interesting aswell, basically either all 3 or none at all, there's another thread about this.

I don't really understand the premium thing and i disagree with the Leader option, i also think arena should have only create leaders. The problem with showing them at start is that you'll try to mirror your constructed deck.

Iuliandrei;n10507102 said:
Seems i'm the first to vote, i do agree with the spy one though.
The muster trio is interesting aswell, basically either all 3 or none at all, there's another thread about this.

I don't really understand the premium thing and i disagree with the Leader option, i also think arena should have only create leaders. The problem with showing them at start is that you'll try to mirror your constructed deck.

You'll never succeed in mirroring your constructed deck, not even close - you draft from all factions, remember? I really dislike Create Leaders in general, but I do think that the idea of removing/tweaking leaders such as Henselt and Bran might be necessary.

Let me elaborate on the Premiums.
In the version presented on stream, you'd encounter premiums just as you normally would in packs - any amount of the 4 presented cards could be premium (But usually either none or at most two of the cards presented would be premium). I suggest to change it so that if you do encounter a premium, all 4 of the choices would be premium instead of just some of them. That way, you don't have to feel bad for potentially picking a bad card over a premium or vice versa. Let's say you'd have a 30% chance of encountering a selctions of premiums, so on average, one third of your deck will be premium.

DannyGuy;n10507252 said:
You'll never succeed in mirroring your constructed deck, not even close - you draft from all factions, remember? I really dislike Create Leaders in general, but I do think that the idea of removing/tweaking leaders such as Henselt and Bran might be necessary.

I'm not saying you will succeed, hence the word "try", but what's the point of having access to all factions when you know from the start you're only interested in the cards needed to make whatever faction deck you have now running on constructed. Playing against a worse, less functional version of a deck i'm already sick of seeing doesn't make it any better. I'm hoping arena to different from constructed as much as possible.

What about we draft a pool instead of a "deck" in the arena. which means we pick 40 cards (unlimited as now) to build a pool and then create a deck (limited) with the selected cards.
Thus, you can choose whether to use some combo cards if not be able to pick his brothers (if I happen to be able to pick, say like 10 Temerian infantries, I definitely with play them, however, if I just picked one, then I won't)
And also, you can decide the thickness of your deck (for now it's 26 for every deck), you don't want that you have for example odd number bronzes in your deck when you have picked several ciri-nova, right?

Top Bottom