Bring back Quen as a Gold

+
Bring back Quen as a Gold

I never really understood why Quen was removed in the first place but I'd like to get it back.

It would be an usefull card for all Engine Decks which depend on some kind of protection from removal (See the current discussion on removal). And it wouldn't be to powerful if it would be implented as a gold or silver card. Gwent is lacking interesting Spellcards anyway (I'd love to see a Move Spell Card as well).

Last edited:
Already having Geralt: Igni, Aard and Yrden, it would be more logical to get a new Geralt: Quen. I've made a suggestion about it some time ago:

Geralt: Quen

Gold | Neutral | 6 strength

Deploy: Give all units on the row a shield.
Deathwish: Give all units on the row a shield.

I really like that idea about a gold geralt. How can you have all the other except quen. I think that's a good suggestion

4RM3D;n10512912 said:
Already having Geralt: Igni, Aard and Yrden, it would be more logical to get a new Geralt: Quen. I've made a suggestion about it some time ago:

Geralt: Quen

Gold | Neutral | 6 strength

Deploy: Give all units on the row a shield.
Deathwish: Give all units on the row a shield.

What about Axii then :) ?

Charm seems to strong without restrictions, and too weak /RNG base with restrictions

Lyserus;n10513102 said:
What about Axii then :) ?

Charm seems to strong without restrictions, and too weak /RNG base with restrictions

Axii would work with the mechanic of making two enemies beat each other up. But that's already been done on meditation and (weirdly) treason.

When Quen was removed from the game, my first thought was that maybe we will see Geralt: Quen at some point. That would be logical, since we already have Aard, Yrden and Igni. This way of thinking would also make it golden card.

What 4RM3D suggested above, could be a bit (too?) powerful if it affects the entire row. Although I'm not sure what could be better option. Give shield to all copies of a unit? Give shield to 3-5 cards on the row? Should it give the shield to cards in your hand or to the cards already on board? I'm not sure about the details, but I would definitely like to see Geralt: Quen :)

Sunsibar;n10514112 said:
What 4RM3D suggested above, could be a bit (too?) powerful if it affects the entire row.

You have to remember three things. First of all, Quen plays as a 6 strength unit, which lacks a lot of tempo. This is made worse when the opponent actually doesn't play any potent damaging effects. Next, by the time you actually have 8 units (+Quen) on a row, it might very well be already too late. Also, unlike the old Quen, you cannot preemptively protect your units in your hand. Finally, Quen can still be (too) easily pinged with units like Harald. Regardless, my suggestion could be tweaked, depending on how it performs.

I've always thought that Muzzle should be renamed to Geralt:Axii. It fits so well with the theme of Axii and really feels like a legendary card. Muzzle is just a piece of rope that you tie around an animal's snout to control it - should be like a common card or something. :p

the reason it was a bronze, no points, is cause it was broken, and the other team couldn't remove key cards. If you were to make it a gold, then a no points gold with you have to put your targeted card on the board first so (quen on an ally) and only 3 cards total.

Top Bottom