Arena free tickets should be refreshed once bug fixes are implemented

+
Arena free tickets should be refreshed once bug fixes are implemented

:hmm:

I have only played 3 arena matches encountering bug Sile Playing a special but not drawing a card. Shilard giving myself a card but not opponent. Winning but it counting as a loss. And creating a nekurat with hym but its moonlight did nothing for 10 turns. these are all game breaking. especially sile being a common silver which causes you to go a card down for using it.
My girl friend has also encountered the exact same bugs and we both believe players should get new tickets to try out the game mode once these bug fixes are implemented thats just our 2 cents.

Other then that Arena game mode is fun! Its unique and i love the gaunter o'dimm theme considering hes my favorite character! one of my most played golds lol, But i don't think its in a playable state with such game breaking bugs. Which i am sure there will be more discovered. I encounter so many since midwinter update hence why i play less and less every week. Cd projekt red almost comes across as a cash grabber now. when i defended there name while my friends now ridicule me for them falling into the money making pattern all other game company's have and i defended them in hopes cd projekt red would be different as they claimed in many statements that they would be.

I've spent a fair share on this game to see it progress and evolve into something of perfection. but i feel it was in a better state mid last year then it is now. The new card arts are amazing though props to the art team and create cards are great except for elven scout and slave driver :)

:hai:

I totally agree and if we do not get It-least refunded tickets due to our wasted time losing because of bugs i mean i only used one of my tickets and refuse to play more until its fixed! but come on!!. I can honestly say cd projekt red will lose me and my partner who were very loyal gwent players since beta, I enjoy this game so much potential but too much disappointment in the process and unresolved bugs despite various reports. This makes me not even want to purchase throne breaker on arrival and I've been so hyped for it! This is appalling customer service and despite how much the community advises gwent on what steps to take to make this a more balanced enjoyable game that we would be happy to spend our time and currencys on! they throw it back at us with more additions but no fixing the current games state. :(

I have suffered some bugs in my arena matches indeed 2 matches lost due to Cahir Dyffryn:

- First one I used my lider and then he dies by hazard in his row. Next turn I used Cahir Dyffryn and nothing happens. A gold 1 point in board and no any other lider played.

- Second one I killed the enemy lider and next turn I used Cahir Dyffryn after look my enemy graveyard. Again nothing happens, again my stupid 1 point gold card in the board alone.

All my bugs during match were with same mechanic, I used a card to recover another from any graveyard or deck but doesn't work.

Anyway happy with this new game mode and with 3 free tickets.

For all those people that complain about the game, I suggested them to play Hearthstone, where you need 3 or 4 days to get enough resources to buy a keg / pack, where they give you 1 free ticket as something really special, and where each update your former decks are totally useless and you must spend quite much money / resources to get enough cards to try ranked more than first low levels (but not higher). And obiously, where there are 1 or 2 meta op decks each seasson and everybody in high levels play same.

This is only my opinion, obiously this game have bugs to fix and useless cards like every card game (99% in Magic Gathering, 90% in Hearthstone for example using known games).

Dont hesitate to give your opinion.

Last edited:
I didn't encounter any bugs on my first Arena run. Lost all three games due to coinflip, ridiculous Shupe and my own incompetence. :)
I can imagine though lot of bugs with all the weird formerly impossible card interaction that were hidden so far, so encourage you to file bug reports to address them.

As for what CDPR have or don't have to do: they didn't have to provide the free tickets in the first place. So to imply that they have an obligation to do that again seems strange to me. That said if the issues are prevalent I'm pretty sure they will compensate the community in some way, as they were always open to hand out free stuff, when they messed something up. (Feels weird to me to accuse them of cash grabbing in the context of giving away free stuff.)

StrykerxS77x;n10579462 said:
We definitely shoudn't have to pay ore to get into arena until after it's fixed.
We don't have to. Nobody forces us to play Arena. If you think it's bugged beyond playability then you can wait for fixes. I'll defninitely give it more goes when I can find the time.

time_drainer;n10581502 said:
We don't have to. Nobody forces us to play Arena. If you think it's bugged beyond playability then you can wait for fixes. I'll defninitely give it more goes when I can find the time.

Way to state the obvious bro.

StrykerxS77x;n10584102 said:
Way to state the obvious bro.
If you have complaints about the food in the restaurant you send it back. You don't eat the whole thing up then demand compensation. A claim that Arena should be free because it's too bugged to play seems similar to me.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
time_drainer;n10584492 said:
If you have complaints about the food in the restaurant you send it back. You don't eat the whole thing up then demand compensation. A claim that Arena should be free because it's too bugged to play seems similar to me.

Except, in this case, you first have to pay for your dinner before you can eat it and then hope it's to your satisfaction. If not, you can still send it back, but that doesn't automatically mean you get your money back.

Regardless, the game is still in beta. That's not so much an excuse as it's a warning to players to expect some loopy things that can occur.

As for OP's suggestion, that would give players free loot without limitation, which is a very bad idea. What CDPR could have done, was make Arena free to enter and not have any rewards; essentially creating an open PTR for everyone.

time_drainer;n10584492 said:

Well first I never said anyone HAS to play it.

In a restaurant if the food is made incorrectly to where it's inedible they don't make you pay for it. They get you a new order.

Unless I misunderstood something the suggestion was to make all future Arena entries free until it's bug-free. Sorry if I got something wrong.
Unknowingly entering the Arena then encountering game-breaking bugs and wanting compensation is reasonable.
Expecting the bugs, but still wanting to enter only for free is something else. That's all I'm saying.

As I said earlier I didn't see any bugs so far, but if I would see them so often or impactful to make Arena unfun, I would probably stop playing Arena until it gets fixed.

Cythonian;n10579702 said:
(...) Second one I killed the enemy lider and next turn I used Cahir Dyffryn after look my enemy graveyard. Again nothing happens, again my stupid 1 point gold card in the board alone.

Cahir doesn't ressurrect enemy leaders.

By the way I agree with your post, just give the devs some time.

TheNotoriousThree;n10585652 said:
Originally posted by Cythonian View Post (...) Second one I killed the enemy lider and next turn I used Cahir Dyffryn after look my enemy graveyard. Again nothing happens, again my stupid 1 point gold card in the board alone. Cahir doesn't ressurrect enemy leaders.

I had that doubt so good to know, but the other situation was wrong, the lider was mine and it was in my graveyard.

Anyway I think this card text should be changed: "Resurrect a Leader." Seems any dead lider.

Thanks for your answer.

Last edited:
Sure charge for the bloody arena when it's finally fixed and tried.... This is just released and tbh many cards just don't work together well. The same with leaders, Henselt is just redundant in the arena... Also played with opponent 3rd round & the entire game got frozen for 25 minutes. No connection problem message nothing had to restart the entire game.. and ofc "lost" the game.. So to ask players to pay for the game at this stage is just greedy. Test is first for a week or two then start charging...

Guest 4273762

At least a complimentary ticket would be nice.

TheNotoriousThree;n10585652 said:
Cahir doesn't ressurrect enemy leaders.

Does ressurect usurper though

So what CDPR should do in their own interest is give everyone about 5-10 more arena tickets so they get to play more and report more bugs. After that fix the bugs and then give everyone 3 again and be done with it.

if you want to play arena for free until its fixed, they should remove rewards too.

people get something for free, buged or not, then they begin to become greedy

Top Bottom