Arena Mode Choose Leader First

+
Arena Mode Choose Leader First

Would make drafting better with the Leader already chosen.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
ohson;n10594822 said:
Would make drafting better with the Leader already chosen.

I would go one step further; three leaders are shown at the start, but you don't have to pick one until the end. Also, at the end there needs to be some sort of reroll option for up to 3 (bricked) cards.

Choosing leader on the beginning is a bad idea. One thing is to draft a machine, that if you get a few more you could use a Henselt. You almost certainly won't however, and that is not game-losing. But if people draft Henselt expecting to find machines, that is almost certainly a 0-3.

The idea of knowing which leaders you can choose in the beginning and choose them at the end I like it, though.

I agree with the people above. Show the leaders at the beginning and pick from them at the end.

Yeah, it would make drafting better. However, if you want to have synergy and not bricked cards, you can play Casuals or Ranked?

I really like the Arena as it is now. It's part of the fun, that I don't have any idea what cards I will get and if those fit together or not. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes not, but when I get lucky, it feels twice as awesome.

Re-rolling one card could possibly, maybe, perhaps, work, if you can't affect the card that replaces it. But then again, it kinda spoils the deck building idea. IMO.

Sunsibar;n10598172 said:
Yeah, it would make drafting better. However, if you want to have synergy and not bricked cards, you can play Casuals or Ranked?

I really like the Arena as it is now. It's part of the fun, that I don't have any idea what cards I will get and if those fit together or not. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes not, but when I get lucky, it feels twice as awesome.

Re-rolling one card could possibly, maybe, perhaps, work, if you can't affect the card that replaces it. But then again, it kinda spoils the deck building idea. IMO.

I agree, it is nice not knowing what you are going to get and how it will play, it makes you think unlike Casual and Ranked where you just see the same thing again and again, rather boring

It's fine the way it is now.

Yeah, getting a choice between something like Arachas Queen, Henselt and Bran is a bit frustrating as it's highly unlikely you'll have drafted significant synergy with any of them.

Choosing the leader, or even just seeing the leader choices before the actual draft would make Arena seem more like constructed, as you'd be picking cards based on your chosen leader. Which imo would indeed reduce the fun factor.

The title says it all. I think this would be nice to be able to select specific cards that synergize with the leader. Would make it more interesting.

Edit: Thanks for the merge :) Now with HC and the new card and leader abilities, I think this makes even more sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom