Cerys: Fearless Buff Suggestions

+
Cerys: Fearless Buff Suggestions

At the current point "Cerys: Fearless" is quite unuseable: generally she is killed instantly or locked or the other player passes the round before you can even discard something.

therefore i suggest one of the following
* her effect remains even in case she is removed from the board (maybe even going over rounds)
* OR give her more armor (at least +4, she should not be removable by a mere lighting)
* OR make the effect not for the next card, but for the previous discarded card (making her work all the time in case at least one card was discarded before)

also: i think the restriction on skellige should be removed. i think she could give "Ciri: Dash" in other decks (maybe in some combination with Jonny) some interesting new strategies and a revival

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Gemueseknolle;n10606072 said:
* OR make the effect not for the next card, but for the previous discarded card (making her work all the time in case at least one card was discarded before)

Like Yennefer: Enchantress; so, no reason why Cerys should be weaker. Then again, I rather have the first solution, but that may be confusing for (new) players. Either way, she needs (small) buff.

PS. I've made a small update to the topic.

I'd like it if Cerys's effect didn't depend on her being on the board. Simple as that, the visual representation could be a hovering Cerys above your deck, when you'd mouse over her, it'd say: Resurrect the next unit you discard.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, i was so reckless i thought the card worked like your 3rd suggestion, and immediately crafted it.

And to be honest, even when you get the effect to take place it's still underwhelming, it would just make a terrible card into 'below average' territory.

Last discarded card would be good, even if she might loose 1 base strength to balance that. The only thing I wonder is, what happens when the last discarded unit is stolen by the enemy? Would it have no effect then?

Gemueseknolle;n10606072 said:
therefore i suggest one of the following
* her effect remains even in case she is removed from the board (maybe even going over rounds)

I think this is the way to go, her ability should be triggered either from the board or from the graveyard, it'd add more graveyard interaction, you know a Skellige thing, and like Wolfsbane or normal Cerys you might want to discard her with Bran in order to avoid being locked.

Cerys: fearless needs to be stronger

Right now, there is no reason to run her over Dandelion: poet. There is only 1 point difference between these two. Considering all kind of things can go wrong with Cerys: fearless (no card to discard or she getting locked or killed after playing her), Dandelion: poet is far less risky for the only cost of losing 1 point in value. As for their abilities, I dont see how Cerys: fearless ability is any stronger than Dandelion: poet. If I made a discard deck, I think I would rather go with dandelion rather than Cerys, and Cerys is supposed to be a superior choice for discard decks.

I have been trying to make Cerys work with Johnny in casual. If you pull it off Cerys/Johnny give you an extra gold, so I think her ability is quite different from Dandelion Poet’s ability. My problem with Cerys is that most of the games she is instantly removed.

Haven't experimented with Johnny. Instead, I have focused most of my efforts getting her to work with Lesser Demons, with Lugos as a backup. Completely agree she is too weak to removals at the moment even as an 8 body with Royal Decree. When I can get her to stick, she's a pretty good combo with LD. My favorite LD target was Ciri Nova, but being doomed, I'd often end up banishing C:N, so I switched to Olaf, which worked out a little better and could work as a last play combo.

I never have even seen a Cerys being played, to be honest. I think that if the effect remains even if she is removed would be a simple way of making her at least potentially viable. (The way she is right now, there is no reason even to theorycraft about her, and this comes from a guy that has played discard SK no matter how non-viable ever since it exists.)

Top Bottom