Sabbath immune?

+
I oppose any changes to Sabbath that doesn't also cap his effectiveness. Right now it's a question of "do you have an answer, if yes Sabbath is mediocre if not you lose the game". Remove the "you lose the game" part, then (and only then) we can think of how to address the "Sabbath is weak" part.

No. it would be insane. Just have thunder to pin the targets that are too big and win every game. No.

LethoClean;n10629681 said:
As soon as sabbath touches the board hes mandraked :/
That is what people call a counter play.
Next time we will hear a suggestion to buff him to 10 power because he dies instantly hitting a big unit which almost every deck has.
The card is neither weak or overpowered. It just had to be played at the right time.

TrompeLaMort;n10632431 said:
If we are at it, why don't we make all units immune? So that each one can play his own game without the opponent annoying them.

In fairness, once upon a time, Im:S would indeed have been immune, were he released in the halcyon days of the gold immunity era.

Jeydra;n10655621 said:
I oppose any changes to Sabbath that doesn't also cap his effectiveness. Right now it's a question of "do you have an answer, if yes Sabbath is mediocre if not you lose the game". Remove the "you lose the game" part, then (and only then) we can think of how to address the "Sabbath is weak" part.

God forbid there are cards in the game that are good. Whatever will we do?

GenLiu;n10630791 said:
Errr....No thanks

That or make a new mechanic that allow him to activate his ability after he's played but put a limited counters on him and the "single-use" tag.
To be more specific, Imlerith comes into play, duel an enemy (you could even let the player chose which one with this change) then the game put 2 counters on him.

Then during each of your turn you can "activate" him which makes him duel another unit and removes a counter, when he's out, he's just a 5 points body but it's fine, he already dealt with 3 enemy units of 9 power or less.

I think this might actually make him even better; you could thereby pick and choose when he picks something off. Problem there though, I don't think Gwent allows for 'activate' effects on cards. Surely we'd have seen one by now if it did?

Best suggestion I've seen so far has been him resetting to 5 strength after a duel, so yeah you can mandrake/parasite/whatever him, but he's still resetting afterward. That'll stop the scenarios where he gets so stupidly big nothing can ever realistically take him down, rare though they are, but still allow the all-in player to get their value out of him. Plus it forces back and forth counter play since they keep having to throw cards on him to keep him doing his thing.

Of course, I don't know if the strengthen mechanic would allow for him to reset, either.

Also, it's VERY important to note - when changing the card - that he's the definition of a flavour of the month gold. He's dropped back down to standard gold play rates and isn't heavily played in Monsters outside the one gimmick deck built around him (which doesn't have a high play rate either).

Since the only way he can be problematic is him getting to 11 points and simply killing everything, that's the one scenario that possibly needs to be attended to. But consider the possibility that doing so will simply delete the card and nobody will play him anymore.

Last edited:
The card is ok as it is, high risk high reward, making him immune would just make him autoinclude in every monster deck and he would demolish any swarm deck.

Top Bottom