Show the point difference on screen

+
Show the point difference on screen

I know asking the developers to implement a proper deck tracker like "gwentup" might be too much asking. However, if they could at least make the game show the point difference on screen during matches, I think it that would be really good and not that hard to implement.

People would play faster because they would not have to be calculating the point difference every turn, and faster games would mean less frustration.

I hate having to wait for my opponent, and I am pretty sure that if they dont have gwentup or similar, part of the waiting time includes them calculating just how many points ahead or behind they are at the moment before deciding if they will pass or not.

Final round. Am I the only one who doesn't remember if it is the third or the second round? It is not written anywhere on the screen, right?

Last edited:
ThomHjj;n10681411 said:
Final round. Am I the only one who doesn't remember if it is the second or the third round? It is not written anywhere on the screen, right?

You can see the half crowns at the left side of the board and those should help you to keep track on rounds. Whoever wins the round, gets half a crown. If the round ends in tie, then both gets half a crown. Whoever manages to get two halves first, wins the game. So usually it's third round when both players have one half, unless the first round ended in a tie.
Screenshot_3.jpg

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n10681421 said:
You can see the half crowns at the left side of the board. If you and your opponent both have half a crown, then it's third round. If only one of you have the half crown, then it's second round.

except tied first round >.>

Void_Singer;n10681711 said:
except tied first round >.>

alexandr22;n10681471 said:
And if your oponnent has two halves that means you lost !

True that :D Thanks for the clarifications, I'll fix those to my original post.

My brains are not working properly at 6.30 am...

IMO a bit of basic math is never a bad thing, but in spite of that this would be a highly convenient feature to have.

I agree with the point difference idea! That seems like a fairly basic thing that could help those of us with aging brains rather than having to rely on GwentUp.

The less unnecessary information that are shown the better.
And adding an extra display for a calculation that is at most elementary school niveau does nothing, except making the display more confusing.

because a plus/minus value sitting in the position that the trackers tend to use (on top of a useless icon) is more confusing than repeated (albeit basic) math?
put another way, even assuming it is confusing (I fail to see how) it's something you find out once and done. the power difference has to be be done mentally every time. ergo it's a time saver to have the difference displayed.

Muffliato;n10682301 said:
IMO a bit of basic math is never a bad thing, but in spite of that this would be a highly convenient feature to have.

It is not that I am against people practicing their math skills, it is just I dont want them to waste time doing calculations. I want them to play their turn as fast as possible.

Top Bottom