Status
Not open for further replies.
Frostbringer | 3
Deathwish: Apply Frost to a row on oppoent’s side

4RM3D;n9139920 said:
Monsters

Frostbringer
Why? You already have the Hounds?

Its for deathspawn/consume synergy with weather. In concept...

You can use things that trigger deathspawn to get a free Frost.
You can eat it, to get some strength and a Frost.
You can save it, and put a frost on their board next round.

===========================================
Also some tweaking and adding on....

Nilfgaard

Informent | 2 (spy)
Deploy: Reveal two cards card. If reavaled your own unit, boost it by 2, if revealed opponent unit, damage it by 2.
t

Spy Master | 3 | Silver
Whenever you play a spy unit, boost self by 1 while in your Hand, Deck or your side of the board.
If Revealed, damage a random enemy unit by its current Strength.

Secret Keeper | 7
Deploy: Target a revealed card, and put it back into the deck. That player draws a new card.
(this can be used both on your or oppoent's hand)

BlackMailer | 5 | Silver
Deploy: Target a marked a card in opponent's hand. If that player played that card this round, this unit gains +10 Strength.

Last edited:
I don't have a specific suggestion ability wise, but please, make a Kalkstein card. I was really bummed when i learned he died. :( ( and if he is voiced by the original voice actor, or at least someone with a similar voice, it would be the best! )

Thought of a card idea, see what people thinks.

Nilfgaard

Turncoat | 3 (Silver)
Deploy: Choose one of opponent's revealed card. That card is discarded, that player draw a new card, and you immediately play a copy of it as a locked disloyal unit.

Honey Trap | 3 (Gold)
Deploy: Choose one of opponent's revealed card. That card is discarded, that player draw a new card, and you gain a copy of it as a locked disloyal unit.

----------------------------------------------
Two version, with main difference being the card you gain, one is played and one you can keep.
On the face value, it is has synergy with the reveal archetype, and take a threat card out of opponent's hand. They would still get a base version on their board.
The gold version give you a card advantage, and since you keep it, you can always replace it at later round. (not sure if that would be too strong)

But an advance usage is to mix with the spy mechanic such as Menno (burn them off) or Caellech (get them on your side). So if you grab a weak card, you can play it to try to get card advantage or feed you Brigades. A strong one and you can uses Menno and Caellech.

More cards ideas…

Scoia'tael

Hawker Supplier | 5 (Bronze)
-Deploy: Boost a unit on the board by 1. Active 4 times.

On face value, a strength 9 unit with boost. But since the boost can be targeted, and apply to opponent, so could see possible use of buff and flatten out some of opponent’s unit for upcoming Scorch.

Nilfgaard

Smuggler | 1 | Spy (Bronze)
-When this unit or adjacent units gain a boost, boost a random unit on your side of the board by that amount.

This act as a poison pill to enemy lines, and help equalize the board a bit, especially if put next to natural boosting enemies (like behind the Om nom nom lizard).

==================================

Terrains, which act like weather (affect a whole row), but usually apply a one time effect.

Neutral

Muck | Event | Bronze

-Unit placed on this row takes 2 damages.

Mountain | Event | Bronze

-Unit placed on this row gain 2 Armor and +1 Strength

Wertandrew;n114853 said:
I love how card games in general have nice card effects and gwent is doing the same, with buffs, debuffs, revivals, swarms etc.

However, what would you think would be cool to add in a card that would be groundbreaking? Again, no need to check all the known cards before replying, just throw your ideas for sick card effects.

Some examples from the top of my head:

-A transformation card that when you play it, it chooses from a pool of cards and transforms into it. You don't know what it will be unless you play it.
-A card that divides your overall army count by two and gives it to the next round. The next round will only allow non-Hero cards to be played though.
-A leader that adds an extra round if any of the rounds is a tie
-A card that doesn't allow the opponent to spawn a troop in a specific area.
-A card that doubles the score of the player (can be played only if he has more than 30 overall) and lets you play 2 more turns.
-A card that randomly makes another a sticky (stays in all rounds)
-A fight card that makes both factions fight and deducts troop strength from both sides.
-A card that is insanely large in troop strength but forbids you to play any hero card for all rounds (even if dead).
-Card that amplifies its effect if the same card is already played (synergizes well with decoy)

These are just some random (probably lame) ideas, what are your own?

How about cards for elves and monsters "poison shot" -1 HP (or armor) each turn for each target.

Scoia'tael

Vrihedd Skirmisher | 8 (Bronze)
-Deploy: Move an ally unit to another row.
-Whenever this unit is moved, Malligan a card.

Skellige

Axe Smith | 5 (Bronze)
-Retaliation: Strengthen a random Ally by 2.

Warzerker | 8 (Bronze)
Retaliation: Boost this unit by 2.
When this unit took a total damages of 5 more, Boost itself by 3.

Breaching Longship | 4 (Bronze)
-Deploy: Damage each enemy on the same row by 1 for every Ally on the same row.
Boost this unit by 1 for each wounded ally on the same row.

Zerker Priest | 6 (Bronze)
-Deploy: Unit adjacent gain Retaliation: damage a random enemy by 1.
Retaliation: damaging adjacent units by 1.

Deadhealer | 5 (Bronze)
-Whenever you resurrect a unit, boost it by 2 and randomly damage one of your ally by 1.

Which Monsters would people like to see as new cards?

There are so many monsters out there that could be made into cards, so which would people like to see, and what could their abilities be?

Examples:

Alghoul
Bronze
Melee
Power : 7
Retaliation : Damage a random enemy by 2

Rotfiend
Bronze
Melee, Ranged or Siege
Power : 6

Deathwish : Damage the highest enemy unit by 4

Cabowse;n9206841 said:
There are so many monsters out there that could be made into cards, so which would people like to see, and what could their abilities be?

Examples:

Alghoul
Bronze
Melee
Power : 7
Retaliation : Damage a random enemy by 2

Rotfiend
Bronze
Melee, Ranged or Siege
Power : 6

Deathwish : Damage the highest enemy unit by 4

I like those cards. Rotfiend is creative, and helpful in a deathwish deck. (but I think its a bit hard to use, since it won't damaging dealing don't carry over that well, so have to eat it or trigger it to be helpful.)

I am playing some NR swarmy deck, and thinking of some cards that might be a good add.
---------------------------------------------

Armor Wagon | 3
Deploy: Gain 3 Armor. Adjacent ally gain 1 Armor and boost 1 Strength.
Fresh Crew: give ally 1 more armor and strength.
Trio: This unit gain Resilience.

Siege Supplier | 5
Deploy: Boost a card in your hand, and all the same cards in the Deck, Hand, and Graveyard, by 1 Strength.
Crewmen 1

Batter Ram | 10 (Silver)
Deploy: Remove all Armor from all enemy units. For each unit removed, boost this unit by 1 Strength.
Fresh Crew: Gain 2 Strength.

actionjack123;n9207111 said:
I like those cards. Rotfiend is creative, and helpful in a deathwish deck. (but I think its a bit hard to use, since it won't damaging dealing don't carry over that well, so have to eat it or trigger it to be helpful.)

Would have an effect on resilient cards still, but yes, it's meant to be used with Harpies, Shadows and as a card to be consumed.

Sylvia Anna
Strength: 5
Faction: Nilfgaard
Row: Disloyal Agile
Rarity: Gold

Deploy: revive a Silver spy from either graveyard.

Dettlaff
Strength: 9
Faction: Monsters
Row: Agile

Deploy: Consume 1 unit then damage an enemy unit by the consumed card's power. Repeat deploy ability. Lose 2 strength whenever this card consumes a unit.

Caleb Menge
Strength: 6
Faction: Northern Realms
Row: Melee

Deploy: Play D-Bomb or D-Shackles from your deck.

Witch Hunters
Rarity: Bronze

Deploy: Strengthen or weaken a unit by 2.
Trio Ability: Strengthen or weaken a unit by 7.

Geralt: Yrden
Strength: 8
Faction: Neutral
Rarity: Silver

Deploy: Units adjacent to this card are protected from bronze special cards played by your opponent. Whenever this unit is damaged, hit a random enemy by 1.

Geralt: Axii
Strength: 4
Deploy: Apply Axii on an enemy unit. The unit affected by Axii will damage itself by 3 for three turns. If that unit dies, boost Geralt: Axii by 4. If that unit lives, weaken Geralt: Axii by 4.

OG.laloquaint;n9209891 said:
Sylvia Anna
Strength: 5 (3)
Faction: Nilfgaard
Row: Disloyal Agile (Loyal)

Deploy: revive a Silver spy from either graveyard.
Deploy: Revive a Bronze or Silver Spy from either Graveyard

(Better to give people the option) :)

Dettlaff
Strength: 9 (5)

Deploy: Consume 1 unit then damage an enemy unit by the consumed card's power. Repeat deploy ability. Lose 2 strength whenever this card consumes a unit.
Deploy: Consume a unit and damage an enemy unit by the consumed card's power.

(When does the consuming end?? XD Might be a bit too powerful with the potential damage & Nekkers in tow)

Caleb Menge
Strength: 6

Deploy: Play D-Bomb or D-Shackles from your deck.
(Great idea!)

Witch Hunters

Deploy: Strengthen or weaken a unit by 2.
Trio Ability: Strengthen or weaken a unit by 7. (Possibly a bit overkill, I think this would work better with a lock or reset?)

Geralt: Yrden
Strength: 8 (5)
Rarity: Silver (Gold)

Deploy: Units adjacent to this card are protected from bronze special cards played by your opponent. Whenever this unit is damaged, hit a random enemy by 1.
(I like the idea of protecting cards from Bronze special cards but I don't know if it works with Yrden)
Deploy: Spawn a Yrden Trap on the same row on the opponents side.

Yrden Trap
Strength: 1
Row: Same as Geralt on opposite side

Damage a random unit on the row by 3 every turn.

Geralt: Axii
Strength: 4
Deploy: Apply Axii on an enemy unit. The unit affected by Axii will damage itself by 3 for three turns. If that unit dies, boost Geralt: Axii by 4. If that unit lives, weaken Geralt: Axii by 4.

Deploy : Target a enemy and damage units either side of this unit by 2, if the unit has 6 power or less move it to your side on the same row.

Now this unit could be deemed overpowered, but it's very situational (Same as Geralt: igni). Eg. If you save it for the last round and they play a unit with 7 power, this card is going to have no effect.

Really Like these ideas, I've come up with a few of my own suggestions.

Comments in Green, adjustments in Cyan :)

Cabowse Thanks for your comments about my suggestions. Coming up with interesting ideas that make sense for Yrden and Axii is really hard lol! I liked your version of Sylvia more honestly. Did you check out the new cards that leaked?

OG.laloquaint No worries, I love collaboration and brainstorming! You gave me some great basis to re-work ideas :)

I saw them, and some of them look really cool, I'm not sure how I feel about the assassin card as I play an An Craite deck a lot and they could decimate my high strength units, seems a little OP for a Bronze haha.

Cabowse;n9210911 said:
(When does the consuming end?? XD Might be a bit too powerful with the potential damage & Nekkers in tow)
I think he meant to consume without absorbing strength (more like Scirru). I like that original suggestion a lot btw, because it doesnt give value unless you have spiders spawning.

Had an idea for a new dynamic in the game.

Trapped: Unit cannot be moved from it's current row.

Arachnomorph
Strength: 7
Row: Ranged

Deploy: Toggle a unit's Trapped status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom