Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wertandrew Yeah lol, I wanted Dettlaff to work with consume but my original ideas were too strong. So I'd figure that if you wanted good value out of it, you'd have to set up at least one Arachas Behemoth. There's a very similar card in ST, but it's not Schirru. I can't recall the name of it right now. ):

Assassin seems really strong against Skellige though.

here are some principles for ideas instead of something direct...
- be able to demote your own leader and allow decoy/resurrect/etc type functions to apply to it
- targeted promote to gold of probable scorch target so as changes various scorch mechanics
- close off the underworld, ala, no resurrecting anything (perhaps just for that next round or whatever kind of time limit)
- some sort of spellguard mechanic that prevents the usage of magic/alchemy cards for a time
- bribe spies to double cross (ex. ambassador now boosts your ally by 10, iris effect to you as well, and other examples like that depending on the spy but too many to name)
- mercenary who fights for you, but then can be affected by said bribe play
- spy that can sabotage ships and machines however
- set a row on fire, anything played on it takes +2 damage (or whatever number) and that isn't cleared by weather (though can be nullied by torrential rain or skelliage storm))
- poisoned consumable. as in, monster consumes, but takes damage because of poison
- something like skelliage storm, but works instead as a stampede of whatever animals
- charm/mesmerize/whatever a unit on opponents side to attack an ally
- blacksmith that does an armor boost
- rusting armor for armor degradation
- whatever unit becomes a dragon rider
- reversal traps. say someone tries some scorch mechanic. this trap card will redirect it (in this case, reflective mirror maybe?) same with alzur's thunder (use a lightning rod in that case) or any other similar kind of attack card

that is all i can think of for now

Last edited:
OG.laloquaint;n9209891 said:
Sylvia Anna
Strength: 5
Faction: Nilfgaard
Row: Disloyal Agile
Rarity: Gold

Deploy: revive a Silver spy from either graveyard.

Dettlaff
Strength: 9
Faction: Monsters
Row: Agile

Deploy: Consume 1 unit then damage an enemy unit by the consumed card's power. Repeat deploy ability. Lose 2 strength whenever this card consumes a unit.

Caleb Menge
Strength: 6
Faction: Northern Realms
Row: Melee

Deploy: Play D-Bomb or D-Shackles from your deck.

Witch Hunters
Rarity: Bronze

Deploy: Strengthen or weaken a unit by 2.
Trio Ability: Strengthen or weaken a unit by 7.

Geralt: Yrden
Strength: 8
Faction: Neutral
Rarity: Silver

Deploy: Units adjacent to this card are protected from bronze special cards played by your opponent. Whenever this unit is damaged, hit a random enemy by 1.

Geralt: Axii
Strength: 4
Deploy: Apply Axii on an enemy unit. The unit affected by Axii will damage itself by 3 for three turns. If that unit dies, boost Geralt: Axii by 4. If that unit lives, weaken Geralt: Axii by 4.

Cabowse;n9210911 said:
Really Like these ideas, I've come up with a few of my own suggestions.

Comments in Green, adjustments in Cyan :)

Lots great concept there. Some sounded better than the new cards that was teased.

OG.laloquaint;n9209891 said:
Sylvia Anna
Faction: Nilfgaard
Row: Disloyal Agile

Deploy: revive a Silver spy from either graveyard.

Dettlaff
Strength: 9
Faction: Monsters

Deploy: Consume 1 unit then damage an enemy unit by the consumed card's power. Repeat deploy ability. Lose 2 strength whenever this card consumes a unit.

Caleb Menge
Strength: 6

Deploy: Play D-Bomb or D-Shackles from your deck.

Witch Hunters

Deploy: Strengthen or weaken a unit by 2.
Trio Ability: Strengthen or weaken a unit by 7.

Geralt: Yrden
Rarity: Silver

Deploy: Units adjacent to this card are protected from bronze special cards played by your opponent. Whenever this unit is damaged, hit a random enemy by 1.

Geralt: Axii
Deploy: Apply Axii on an enemy unit. The unit affected by Axii will damage itself by 3 for three turns. If that unit dies, boost Geralt: Axii by 4. If that unit lives, weaken Geralt: Axii by 4.
I have been lurking the forums recently and just made an account after reading your post. I also want Caleb Menge to be added to Northern Realms, and I absolutely love your idea for his ability. I was thinking how much easier it would be to deal with gold units and boosted units with Menge allowing you to play the Dimeritium cards from your deck. Cabowse made good suggestions/edits for your ideas as you apparently have already seen.

Here is the only particular card I have specific ideas for since I think Northern Realms needs an improved machine archetype:

Catapult (a different version of Witcher 3's Gwent Catapult)
Rarity:Silver

Deploy: Damage an enemy by 3. Excluding this card, return a Machine ally to your hand an immediately play it again.

In more general terms, I hope Skellige will get some card support for Axemen decks. I also want to see a mage trio for Northern Realms that is perhaps developing more on the Aretuza theme with Margarita and the Aretuza Adepts; like an Aretuza Professor Trio (honestly I am not familiar with Aretuza lore so maybe they don't have professors). I would also just simply like to see more mages and since NR has a decent amount already, it makes sense to add more. The Witch Hunter Trio that you mentioned seems like an obvious trio for CDPR to add if they want another NR trio, and another trio would add further options for both Henselt and Ves. I'm an NR player obviously, so my suggestions are a bit one sided on a faction basis.

Sigurd_3;n9218081 said:
Catapult
Strength: 8 (Down to 4)
Rarity: Silver Bronze*

Deploy: Damage an enemy by 3. Excluding this card, return a Machine ally to your hand an immediately play it again.

Deploy: Throw a Stone.

Stone: After 1 Turn, damage two units to the left by 2. Increase damage by 1 when placed next to a unit with Crewman tag.*

I liked what Catapult did honestly. I just don't think it fits that card. I'd rather they changed John Natalis to replay 2 machines and give him the crewman tag. Dude, a trio ability with the Atezura Adepts would be great. Welcome to the forums. :)

OG.laloquaint;n9221041 said:
I liked what Catapult did honestly. I just don't think it fits that card. I'd rather they changed John Natalis to replay 2 machines and give him the crewman tag. Dude, a trio ability with the Atezura Adepts would be great. Welcome to the forums. :)
Yeah, the Aretuza Adepts could have a trio ability. That could work instead of making a whole new mage unit and making it a trio. Either way, more mage significance among bronze units in Northern Realms is something I want. As for Catapult, I really do want a silver machine, but Catapult could be a bronze machine trio (yes another trio). That sounds better actually. I'm not sure what Catapult's ability should be, but going off of Witcher 3, it would be a trio boost similar to the Reaver Hunters. However, hopefully Catapult's ability would have other key differences from Reaver Hunter's trio. I also like your suggestion of John Natalis having the ability to redeploy 2 machines. That sounds great because he doesn't have enough significance as is, and he is obviously the gold unit that CDPR wanted to support machines.

Also, thanks for the welcome.

+1 on Trio and Silver machines.

Toss in some ideas....

Crossbow Cart | 3 (Bronze) Agile
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UjIAAOSwc1FXbU9m/s-l300.jpg
Deploy: Damage all Enemy units on its row by 1.
Fresh Crew: Move to a different row and trigger the deploy ability again.
Trio: Trigger the Deploy effect again.

Gate Breaker | 6 (Silver) Melee
Deploy: Remove all Enemy units’ armor on the Melee row and damage them by 2, and push them back to the Range Row.
Fresh Crew: Increase the damage by 1.

Harpoon Ballista | 3 (Bronze) Agile
Deploy: Damage an Enemy unit by 2, Lock it for 3 turns, and move it to this row.
Trio: Damage all Locked Enemy Units by 3.

This could also add a move-enemy type of deck setup.

actionjack123;n9222521 said:
+1 on Trio and Silver machines.

Toss in some ideas....

Gate Breaker | 6 (Silver) Melee
Deploy: Remove all Enemy units’ armor on the Melee row and damage them by 2, and push them back to the Range Row.
Fresh Crew: Increase the damage by 1.

This could also add a move-enemy type of deck setup.

What if there was a Gold Machine card that got rid of all the armour from every unit on the board and boosted itself by the amount of armour broken?

Reading the stuff above...

What if there was a Bronze card which when you play you put ALL the Cards from both decks in the Graveyard, then Strengthened itself by their combine Power and then goes Gold and Resilient?

partci;n9224901 said:
reading the stuff above...

What if there was a bronze card which when you play you put all the cards from both decks in the graveyard, then strengthened itself by their combine power and then goes gold and resilient?
lol

partci;n9224901 said:
Reading the stuff above...

What if there was a Bronze card which when you play you put ALL the Cards from both decks in the Graveyard, then Strengthened itself by their combine Power and then goes Gold and Resilient?

Why stop there?

A gold card with say 5 strength which reduces any potions and buffs played on cards on the opposite row by half (rounding down) and boosts self by 1 point for every unit on that row

A silver card which adds a protective barrier to 1 card on your side of the board of your choice, which makes it Igni and Scorch resistant for 2 turns

Maybe a Immortal condition.

Immortal: Can not be Destroy or Strength reduced by less than 1.

Can see it on a weaker units, or as a time-counter buff from potions.

Druid
Faction: Skellige

Deploy: Clear weather on the row this unit is deployed and boost an ally by 1 for each damaged enemy unit.

Berserker
Strength: 7

Deploy: Damage units by 2 and 1, and boost this unit by 1 for every unit killed by this ability.
Veteran.

These two cards are to support the Clan Tuirseach Axeman, Vabjorn and Blue Boy Lugos.

The Druid unit is a no brainer since every faction except maybe ST (I'm not sure about it) has a bronze unit that clears weather on a row that it is deployed on. I'd also like to see the Norse-Gael inspired Skellige faction to at least have some blonde characters if they are actually trying to have Nordic culture and people. I can't think of a single blonde character in the Skellige faction.

Last edited:
Sigurd_3;n9231091 said:
Druid

Deploy: Clear weather on the row this unit is deployed and boost an ally by 1 for each damaged enemy unit.

Berserker
Strength: 7

Deploy: Damage units by 2 and 1, and boost this unit by 1 for every unit killed by this ability.
Veteran.

I think these two cards are great! However I feel that the lack of weather clearing cards for Skellige may be intentional on the developers side but I could be wrong.

The berserker card is also nice, though sounds very similar to the already existing Berserker Marauder. The Clan Brokvar Archers already do a fairly similar job too in terms of damaging for Axemen.

Nice ideas though!

Cabowse;n9233301 said:
I think these two cards are great! However I feel that the lack of weather clearing cards for Skellige may be intentional on the developers side but I could be wrong.

The berserker card is also nice, though sounds very similar to the already existing Berserker Marauder. The Clan Brokvar Archers already do a fairly similar job too in terms of damaging for Axemen.

Nice ideas though!
Yes, the Berserker card I suggested, well I later thought it should be called War Berserker to distinguished itself a bit more than just plain Berserker from the Raging Berserker and Berserker Marauder units. Anyway, the War Berserker's similarity to the Brokvar Archers did cross my mind, but I wanted enough difference in terms of War Berserker's damaged dealt, but without being OP for a bronze unit. I thought about him doing more damage to units, but I'm not so sure if that is a little too much particularly with his boosting ability. Perhaps what would be ideal is if he did damage to units by 2, 1 and 1. But wouldn't he be better than Mygabrakke who is a 5 strength silver unit with a damage ability of 5 points? I think the only way to prevent that is for War Berserker to target 3 different units so he can't just focus 4 point damage on a single unit. I did want him to have higher base strength than Brokvar Archers though. With 7 base strength and the veteran tag (Archers has the vet tag too), I think overall he is better unit than Brokvar Archers.

*Edit* The Berserker Marauder has some key differences to this suggested War Berserker unit of mine. The Marauder gets strengthened by damaged allies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom