Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
devivre;n9536701 said:
It is the same - but I did not mean the younger version of Keira, but this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1HGu7Nv1Rs (you see the effect at the end of the video).

I understand where you are coming from, but not really the kind of effect I was suggesting, I mean one way it is like Old Keira's ability as shown in the video, however, Geralt: Quen being a Neutral Gold and since it is Geralt (A Witcher) who is using it, it will be much more powerful, though same method to apply Quen to all allies on a single row or on your side of the board once deployed, but as it gets Quen, Geralt: Quen will every two or three turns will boost allies effected by 2, and when hit by weather then Quen damages allies by 1 (Ignoring Quen). If Geralt: Quen is destroyed and removed from the board, Quen is removed from your allies, then Quen damages the opponent's side of the board, as it turns into an explosive Quen that works defensively and offensively.

Ex. Weather all now Maximum damage deals by either 2 or 1. If Skellige Storm then 2, 1, and 1. So for Quen activated damage deals by 1 (Ignoring Quen). Making Skellige Storm to hit 1, 1, and 1 and more so.

With Hailstorm then it would only remove Quen completely leaving the units untouched, safe, and protected, but then Quen being removed would damage by 1 and not by Hailstorm's half damage being done.

Last edited:
[CARD IDEA] YRDEN SIGN

http://custom-gwent.com/cards/a0810c...5a52ccab7e22a6

Choose an Enemy row secretly.
When your opponent passes, Damage all by the number of Units on that row.

Just an idea. I inspired from alternative Yrden Sign in Witcher 3 and changed little bit for be better Gwent card.

For example if you have 5 units on melee row, this card has 25 value. At the end of round, it deals all melee row units by 5.
You can move your opponents units and make more value from this card.

Why secretly? I'm actually not sure about this. This card probably be played like Hailstorm at the end of the turn. Maybe with counter, this can be better.

Alternative ideas about this: Choose the row and deal damage number of the turns on this round (For example if you play 3 card before pass, this deal 3 all row)

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Clan Brokvar Rustler
Faction: Skellige
Veteran: 1
Row: Agile
Color: Bronze
Strength: 6
Deploy: Damage self by 1.
Retaliation: Whenever this unit is damaged, but not destroyed, damage all units on the opposite row by 1.

Name: Olaf the Fist-Fighter
Row: Melee
Color: Silver
Strength: 8
Deploy: Move 2 enemies to the melee row.
Whenever an enemy is played or moved to the melee row damage it by 2.
Retaliation: Whenever this unit is damaged, but not destroyed, damage random unit on any row by 2.

(Reasoning: I'd like CDPR to introduce a Retaliation archetype for Skellige, I'm pretty sure it's bound to happen.)

Name: Scurvers
Faction: Monsters
Strength: 2
Deploy: Damage an enemy by 2.
Deathwish: Damage 3 random enemies by 2.
Play this unit from your deck whenever you trigger the Deathwish of a Bronze or Silver Ally.

(Reasoning: Deathwish archetype lacks consistency and ways to thin the deck.)

Name: Golyat
Deploy: Destroy an enemy Machine and all copies of it that are still in their deck or trigger the Deathwish of two bronze or silver allies.

Last edited:
mert41994;n9547471 said:
http://custom-gwent.com/cards/a0810c...5a52ccab7e22a6

Just an idea. I inspired from alternative Yrden Sign in Witcher 3 and changed little bit for be better Gwent card.

For example if you have 5 units on melee row, this card has 25 value. At the end of round, it deals all melee row units by 5.
You can move your opponents units and make more value from this card.

Why secretly? I'm actually not sure about this. This card probably be played like Hailstorm at the end of the turn. Maybe with counter, this can be better.

Alternative ideas about this: Choose the row and deal damage number of the turns on this round (For example if you play 3 card before pass, this deal 3 all row)

This isn't such a bad idea, I kind of agree with your point there, and the ability to use Yrden from Witcher 3 is a nice touch, also I don't think in Gwent there ever been an ability or card that uses Yrden Sign. So perhaps a Gold Neutral Geralt Yrden Sign? Alongside Gold Neutral Geralt Quen? It's a possibility.

However, I have an idea for this Yrden Sign developed by Geralt, improving on from your idea, Geralt Neutral Gold: Yrden Sign when deployed will trigger its ability on that row and if there are any units or 3 or 5 units) on the opposite side of the board then will deal damage by 1 and increases if Geralt Yrden is still on the board, and does this effect every turn or every 2 turns.

Regards,
Hamza

Druid
Strength: 7
Rarity: Bronze

Deploy: Clear weather from the row on your side. Heal a unit and strengthen it by 1, then damage it by 1.

OG.laloquaint;n9548851 said:
Retaliation: Whenever this unit is damaged, but not destroyed, damage all units on the opposite row by 1.

Retaliation: Whenever this unit is damaged, but not destroyed, damage random unit on any row by 2.

(Reasoning: I'd like CDPR to introduce a Retaliation archetype for Skellige, I'm pretty sure it's bound to happen.)

Strength: 4
Deploy: Damage 2 adjacent enemies by 3.
Deathwish: Damage 4 random enemies by 2
Whenever a Bronze or Silver unit Deathwish is triggered, play this unit from your deck on a random row.

Deploy: Destroy an enemy Machine and all copies of it that are still in their deck or trigger the Deathwish of two bronze or silver allies.

Those are good. Hope to see them in game.

Cabowse;n9550701 said:
Druid
Strength: 7
Rarity: Bronze

Deploy: Clear weather from the row on your side. Heal a unit and strengthen it by 1, then damage it by 1.

Skellige really needs a weather clearing card ):

Whenever a Bronze or Silver unit Deathwish is triggered, play this unit from your deck on a random row.

actionjack123;n9554351 said:
Those are good. Hope to see them in game.

Rustler sounds really good! Would have a lot of nice synergy with other cards like axemen and damaging units.

Golyat might be a little too powerful for a silver haha, even if he just was able to destroy a machine and nothing else he'd be pretty strong for a silver.

Perhaps:

Golyat
Faction : Monsters
Row: Seige
Rarity: Silver

Deploy: Damage an enemy by 5, if it was a machine, strengthen self by 6.

( This way the card has a lot of nice synergy with Draug or Katakan, or you could decoy the card for some extra strength/damage)

Nice ideas, but they are a bit too strong in most cases. For example, I like the idea of Rustler, but damaging an entire row by one, every time you wound it (so basically, every turn with a Longship next door) might be a bit broken. Think of the tempo with an Axeman and Harpooners there as well.

I'm not sure Olaf works with Skellige to be honest, movement isn't really a huge part of Skellige, and the retaliation part doesn't synergise with the first part much at all. It could be more along the lines of "Retaliation: When this unit takes damage but isn't destroyed, move a random enemy unit to the melee row". That still almost seems like a Scoiatel card though.

Scurvers is a great idea, but again seems a bit too strong. Just the deck thin alone would make it great in Deathwish decks, but deck thinning plus 10 value is a bit too much, especially as you can pull 3 at once (quite easily with Unseen Elder). Then it's got a Deathwish as well for an extra 8 damage.

Giving them just the thinning would be decent enough (they'd basically become the Raiders for deathwish), but I'd like to see them gain the deathwish that's just been triggered when they come out. That would probably need a counter or some restriction though.

Golyat again might be a bit overtuned, but I absolutely hate cards like this that are targeted against such specific cards (I don't like Cyprian Wiley targeting ambush cards - its only ok because he's never run). He's either just shut down the machines or you aren't running any and don't care. Plus it would make reveal even worse. I'd rather he was just a big cyclops. How about: "Deploy: Target two Bronze or Silver Deathwish cards in your deck. Destroy them and trigger their Deathwish abilities"?

SkippyHole;n9558401 said:
Nice ideas, but they are a bit too strong in most cases. For example, I like the idea of Rustler, but damaging an entire row by one, every time you wound it (so basically, every turn with a Longship next door) might be a bit broken. Think of the tempo with an Axeman and Harpooners there as well.

I'm not sure Olaf works with Skellige to be honest, movement isn't really a huge part of Skellige, and the retaliation part doesn't synergise with the first part much at all. It could be more along the lines of "Retaliation: When this unit takes damage but isn't destroyed, move a random enemy unit to the melee row". That still almost seems like a Scoiatel card though.

Scurvers is a great idea, but again seems a bit too strong. Just the deck thin alone would make it great in Deathwish decks, but deck thinning plus 10 value is a bit too much, especially as you can pull 3 at once (quite easily with Unseen Elder). Then it's got a Deathwish as well for an extra 8 damage.

Giving them just the thinning would be decent enough (they'd basically become the Raiders for deathwish), but I'd like to see them gain the deathwish that's just been triggered when they come out. That would probably need a counter or some restriction though.

Golyat again might be a bit overtuned, but I absolutely hate cards like this that are targeted against such specific cards (I don't like Cyprian Wiley targeting ambush cards - its only ok because he's never run). He's either just shut down the machines or you aren't running any and don't care. Plus it would make reveal even worse. I'd rather he was just a big cyclops. How about: "Deploy: Target two Bronze or Silver Deathwish cards in your deck. Destroy them and trigger their Deathwish abilities"?

- I don't think Rustler is too strong because of the set-up that it requires and given its low strength, it's very easy to remove. Your opponent can easily avoid this unit too.

- This card would be useless (In Skellige) if it only moved units though, it has to do damage in a way that isn't too strong. That's why I limited it's passive effect to only hit melee row units. With Whale Harpooners, this card becomes pretty great if you think about it.

- Yeah I agree, I made them way too strong. I'll edit my original post to make them weaker.

- I actually wanted to make him a stronger version of a Cyclops but I figured that would be boring lol. I still like the idea of him destroying machines....

There's still too few Witchers in Gwent... Coen needs a card, goddammit, those other Wolf School Witchers have now got 2/3 versions and none for poor Coen.

Also, bring back potions that have better effects on Witchers... It was a great idea that was removed to make it simpler, but there is a thing such as 'too simple' you know...

Ambassador Von Hinn
Faction: Nilfgaard
Rarity: Silver

Deploy: Move a bronze or silver card from your hand to your opponents, then take a bronze or silver revealed card from your opponents hand and put it into yours.

17 pages.. ok so apologies if its been suggested and I missed it... so what about an Ugly Baby card? Something like a Mahakam Marauder but lower point value of 3 that would stand up against effects that target low point units, like Drought or Frost.

Geralt: Quen

Gold | Neutral | 6 strength | Agile

Deploy: Give all units on the row a shield.
Deathwish: Give all units on the row a shield.

4RM3D;n9586581 said:
Geralt: Quen

Gold | Neutral | 6 strength | Agile

Deploy: Give all units on the row a shield.
Deathwish: Give all units on the row a shield.

Like this idea!

I could see it without the deathwish and instead:

Each time a unit's shield is broken on your side of the board, boost this unit by 2.

I WIN. The I WIN card is simple. As soon as it is deployed, it judges your opponents deck for originality and just how many people in the gwent ranks are playing the same deck. If judged unworthy or lacking, the Card auto wins the game for you.

It then nukes your opponents deck so they can't use it again. It also reformatted their hard drive.

so for example in the current meta... EVERY NR DECK EVER! Would learn what it means to play a cheap hack armour deck!!

I would settle for a change for gold cards. Weather immunity perhaps. Still targetable by other stuff. But weather immunity might make them more useable.

Elven Woodland Trapper
Str 5 | Bronze
After opponent passed, strengthen this unit by 2 for each Elf cards in your hand.

-----------------------------
Like an ambush card, used more as ways to leech off opponent's card by uncertainty. Can also still be a powerful card in R1 or R2.

Skellige; A New Bronze Card for QueensGuard?

Skellige; A New Bronze Card for QueensGuard?

Reason:

1. QueensGuard in this latest beta, patch, and with new cards being introduced, have left these cards into the dark with little but no help in avoiding many counteractions; for Skellige's only anti-counter card to get your QueensGuard back is through Donar, and Donar isn't a great solution to the "many" counteractions, which can even be taken back from your Graveyard.

So, I have thought of a way to help give these Queens a push in the right direction to being Top Tier again, but with correct balance. This solution is by adding in a new bronze card in the Skellige faction by having the following:

6 STR Bronze; for QueensGuard:

Deploy: If discarded and while in the graveyard, deal 1 damage to a random enemy every turn; if any unit is taken from your Graveyard.

Alternatively, Deploy: If discarded, summon all QueensGuard from your deck, and strengthen by 1.

6 STR Bronze or Silver; for QueensGuard:

Deploy: Make a base copy of QueensGuard in Graveyard, and resurrect the other QueensGuard.

Alternatively, Deploy: Every 2 turns make a base copy of QueensGuard in Graveyard.
(Note: by looking at the Artwork in the QueensGuard Card itself shows many...)

This should make the QueensGuard Archetype viable again, to compete with other factions that has more power, and control.

Regards,
byExeplar

Last edited:
The bronze version is beyond broken, not sure if there's any point to discuss it.

The gold seems a bit confusing.
Would it work like a Harald except it hits on any row? does this passive ability work ONLY when the card is discarded? what does "interacted" means? because being a gold card you can only interact with it in graveyard through Renew, would you play Renew just to buff your queensguards by 1? would renewing it make its deal 2 damage ability work again, because it's not discarded anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom