Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iuliandrei;n9666071 said:
The bronze version is beyond broken, not sure if there's any point to discuss it.
The gold seems a bit confusing. Would it work like a Harald except it hits on any row? does this passive ability work ONLY when the card is discarded? what does "interacted" means? because being a gold card you can only interact with it in graveyard through Renew, would you play Renew just to buff your queensguards by 1? would renewing it make its deal 2 damage ability work again, because it's not discarded anymore?

I agree with what you stated, so I have re-written and corrected, :)

Regards,
byExeplar

byExeplar;n9665951 said:
Alternatively, New 7 STR Gold Card; for QueensGuard:
Deploy: If discarded, resurrect this unit, then damage the enemy unit by 2; if enemy takes from Graveyard, every turn.
(resurrect; working in the same way as Morkvarg.)

Now it has nothing to do with Queensguard, it's just a tempo card, like a gold raider. I assume if you discard this morkvarg and a raider you have 22 points with your leader play. And if you think about it this would be worse in Queensguard than in a typical discard deck because you want Bran to discard 2 queensguards and Cerys, this card would take up one of those slots.

Secondly the "every turn" part i assume it means "deal 2 damage to a random enemy every turn", and takes i assume takes ANY card because taking this unit would be impossible since it's gold.
Also as a general rule this means the unit deals damage only while it's on board, so in general this would happen only in first round, where in general you don't have much in graveyard.

This opens up another idea tbh, a unit that deals damage whenever another unit leaves your graveyard, be it resurrected, consumed or stolen. This would also work better with queensguards because you can res 2-4 in a single play.

Iuliandrei;n9666201 said:
Now it has nothing to do with Queensguard, it's just a tempo card, like a gold raider. I assume if you discard this morkvarg and a raider you have 22 points with your leader play. And if you think about it this would be worse in Queensguard than in a typical discard deck because you want Bran to discard 2 queensguards and Cerys, this card would take up one of those slots.
Secondly the "every turn" part i assume it means "deal 2 damage to a random enemy every turn", and takes i assume takes ANY card because taking this unit would be impossible since it's gold. Also as a general rule this means the unit deals damage only while it's on board, so in general this would happen only in first round, where in general you don't have much in graveyard.
This opens up another idea tbh, a unit that deals damage whenever another unit leaves your graveyard, be it resurrected, consumed or stolen. This would also work better with queensguards because you can res 2-4 in a single play.

I understand, not trying to be a tempo play, so I have re-written and corrected again, and I agree on your last statement about "a unit dealing damage whenever another unit leaves your graveyard, so on..." This could work too.

Regards,
byExeplar

Ambush Special!

Here are a few of my ideas for new ambush cards.

Dol Blathanna Huntress
Elf, Ambush, Agent.

Strength: 3
Rarity: Bronze
Faction: Scoiatael
Loyalty: Disloyal
Row: Agile

Ambush: When there are units on either side of this unit, turn this card over and damage units either side by 4. When this card no longer has units either side of it, turn it back over and move to a different row.

Hawker Arms Dealer
Ambush, Elf, Support.

Strength: 7
Loyalty: Loyal

Ambush: When an ally appears on your side of the board, turn this card over and boost that ally by 4.

Vrihedd Veteran
Ambush, Elf, Soldier.

Strength: 3
Loyalty: Loyal

Ambush: When a support ally is played, turn this card over and spawn a base copy of the support ally played.

New Gold Addition to Northern Realms Collection?

New Gold Addition to Northern Realms Collection?

Northern Realms Gold
Tamara Strenger (Daughter of "Phillip Strenger" Bloody Baron)

Deploy: If in your hand, summon a witch hunter from your deck (1 copy max), then boost self by 3; for every round, still in your hand, summon a witch hunter, then boost self by 2, then 1.

Tamara Strenger | Support | 7 Strength | Agile
"No cause for joy, to join the ranks of the witch hunters."

A Bronze rework of Witch hunters is required.
*Notice: To Moderators please keep this thread as a separate topic, do not combine with any other, if any?

Deploy: If played from your deck, boost an ally in your hand by 1.

Regards,
byExeplar

Attachments

• New Addtion Tamara Strenger Story WH.png
    New Addtion Tamara Strenger Story WH.png
    266.4 KB · Views: 300
  • New Addtion to the Northern Realms Faction.png
    New Addtion to the Northern Realms Faction.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
byExeplar Thread merged.

If your request was honoured, we'd have to honour everyone else's requests of separate threads as well. Let's just keep all new card suggestions in this one thread so that the subforum doesn't get cluttered with them.

As for your card suggestion: Not sure I understand it correctly. She has a Deploy effect that requires her to be in hand? Perhaps it could be worded differently, similar to what the Bloody Baron has but swap "in your Deck" for "in your Hand".

RidiculousName;n9695451 said:
If your request was honoured, we'd have to honour everyone else's requests of separate threads as well. Let's just keep all new card suggestions in this one thread so that the subforum doesn't get cluttered with them.
As for your card suggestion: Not sure I understand it correctly. She has a Deploy effect that requires her to be in hand? Perhaps it could be worded differently, similar to what the Bloody Baron has but swap "in your Deck" for "in your Hand".

Fair enough, I do agree with that, I suppose, but reason for keeping it as a separate topic so that it keeps the consistency, and to allow what I have suggested to be seen, as for those who want to discuss, will be easy to find by one click. Like, as you have merged my suggestion, to find my topic, it would need quite a lot of "next page" clicking just to find and participate, not only that, will be with other responses, which does not line up to my suggestion, hope this makes sense? :)

Second point, yes that is correct, she requires to be in your hand in order for the deploy ability to trigger, and for the witch hunters to trigger from deck if she is in your hand, then this would make when witch hunter is played from deck they will buff (boost) an ally in your hand, but (1 copy max) just like the Blue Stripes Commandos. However, isn't it pretty simple to understand, I tried to simplify it the best I could, as well as keeping the card description reasonably short.

Furthermore, too, requires a rework of witch hunters to buff (boost) instead of reset. This, however, enables the witch hunters to work, giving the full most potential out of them, and by looking at the card artwork too, would make sense, and for the artwork of Tamara, which will be in the attachment.

Regards,
byExeplar

Attachments

• New Addtion Tamara Strenger Story WH.png.jpg
    New Addtion Tamara Strenger Story WH.png.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 61
  • New Addtion to the Northern Realms Faction.png.jpg
    New Addtion to the Northern Realms Faction.png.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Ok here's one that's been on my mind for quite a while, maybe because i can't find a proper character so if anyone is knowledgeable in Skellige pirate lore i could use some suggestions.

Skellige - 9 STR Silver
Deploy: Discard a card from your hand and create a base copy of a bronze Dimun card in your hand.

There are 3 cards available at the moment: Pirates, Pirate Captains and Light Longships. You could exchange any card in your hand for one of these 3 at your choice. As more cards are added, the choice pool could get bigger.

Iuliandrei;n9697261 said:
Ok here's one that's been on my mind for quite a while, maybe because i can't find a proper character so if anyone is knowledgeable in Skellige pirate lore i could use some suggestions.

Skellige - 9 STR Silver
Deploy: Discard a card from your hand and create a base copy of a bronze Dimun card in your hand.

There are 3 cards available at the moment: Pirates, Pirate Captains and Light Longships. You could exchange any card in your hand for one of these 3 at your choice. As more cards are added, the choice pool could get bigger.

Relating to your suggestion, there is one character that comes to mind, who is Halbjorn, Nephew of Holger Blackhand (Leader of Clan Dimun), Silver Card. So, as for Halbjorn Nephew of Holger Blackhand, here is the following, to make it:

Halbjorn | Dimun, Officer | 7 Strength | Gold

Deploy: Spawn a base copy of Dimun from your deck, then discard a card from your hand, and Strengthen it by 3.

Alternative Deploy: Strengthen an ally in your hand by 3, then discard a card from your hand.

Regards,
byExeplar

Attachments

• Halbjorn New Gold 2.png.jpg
    Halbjorn New Gold 2.png.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
byExeplar;n9698051 said:
Relating to your suggestion, there is one character that comes to mind, who is Halbjorn, Nephew of Holger Blackhand (Leader of Clan Dimun), Silver Card. So, as for Halbjorn Nephew of Holger Blackhand, here is the following, to make it:

Halbjorn | Dimun, Officer | 7 Strength | Gold

Deploy: Spawn a base copy of Dimun from your deck, then discard a card from your hand, and Strengthen it by 3.

Alternative Deploy: Strengthen an ally in your hand by 3, then discard a card from your hand.

Regards,
byExeplar

Sounds a lot like Valbjorn but it should do.
However the whole point of the card was to generate a clan card regardless if you have it in your deck or not, the discard part is just to balance the equation.

Iuliandrei;n9701111 said:
However the whole point of the card was to generate a clan card regardless if you have it in your deck or not, the discard part is just to balance the equation.

I don't quite understand your response here, could you simplify a bit further, and clearer not to sound rude, it's so I may know if you mean my suggestion is either good or needs tweaking?

Regards,
byExeplar

byExeplar;n9701671 said:
I don't quite understand your response here, could you simplify a bit further, and clearer not to sound rude, it's so I may know if you mean my suggestion is either good or needs tweaking?

Regards,
byExeplar

I was just comparing my original concept to your ideas, and i think it was a clear description in my first post but the key element to the card is "add a bronze Dimun card to your hand", everything else is build upon it.

Iuliandrei;n9701721 said:
I was just comparing my original concept to your ideas, and i think it was a clear description in my first post but the key element to the card is "add a bronze Dimun card to your hand", everything else is build upon it.

Ah ok, I see now I understand, and I do agree with your suggestion especially now with the key element. But, and this is a big BUT that isn't this ability, which you mentioned similar to how the Operator Silver Card work? I mean, Operator copies a bronze card, gives you one, then gives to the opponent, though slightly different with yours, as the base copy is only for your hand.

All in all, you could basically just use Operator for that Silver slot as it does the same thing slightly. And Operator can base copy any Bronze card even a Dimun. So, if you look at what I suggested to your suggestion, I tweaked it a little with it being a Gold, and for the deploy to be exactly how I stated it, After all maybe to combine both suggestions and come to a common ground.

Regards,
byExeplar

Triss Merigold Rework | 8 Strength | Mage | Temeria

Deploy: Every 3 turns, at the start of your turn, damage 2 enemies by 1 randomly on each row.

Effect: 'Fire Asteroid Storm'
>
Like seen on the Artwork of this card.

Regards,
byExeplar

Why isn't there a counter card for Artifact decompression or Coral? (This might need to be in a new or different thread but I'm new and this was the closest related thread I could find.)
Either create a new card that restores decompressed units or restores cards to how they originally were (in collection) or add it as toggle for Coral or the Artifact Decompression spell card, kind of in the same way, lock, spying, resilience can be toggled.

As it stands, there's really no way to counter having a unit turned into a Jade figurine. I tried countering it with Summoning circle, I end up with another Jade Figurine unit. Now I don't know if that was actually intended since the description on Summoning Circle states that it spawns a copy of the last bronze or silver unit "any player placed on the board." Sure enough, if a Morkvarg or Olgeird went to the board from the Graveyard, Summoning circle wouldn't be able to copy it since it was due to the cards effect and not caused by a player selecting to put it on the board. Unfortunately, this is not the case with a Jade figurine, even though the descriptions on Coral and AD state "Transform" a unit. "Transform" for me meant it would be that same unit card on the board which just had it Power, image, and ability changed. What actually seems to happen is "Banish a unit and replace it with a Jade Figurine" as this is how summoning circle responds to it.

I just really hope CDPR makes a way to counterplay decompression in the near future.

Jigzter;n9724011 said:
Either create a new card that restores decompressed units or restores cards to how they originally were (in collection) or add it as toggle for Coral or the Artifact Decompression spell card, kind of in the same way, lock, spying, resilience can be toggled.

This is a really good idea that I like, because I find it somewhat shocking, as I cannot have a counter solution to the Jade Figurine problem when an opponent turns one of my units into Jade Figurine. Whereas, there are locking mechanisms to counter units by when an opponent locks one of your units so your counter is to unlock, but turn a unit into Jade Figurine, no, there is no counter for that, once it has been turned, you can't gain it back... I know the whole point of Jade Figurine was to completely shut down that unit forever, but why not at least have a counter for it, giving an alternative slot within your deck to include or not for that specific scenario?

Surely, there is within The Witcher Universe, a spell or an alchemy potion that can decompress (revive), a compressed unit, after having been turned into Jade Figurine? Maybe a Silver Mage unit could provide an ability like this to counter Jade Figurine from the like of Coral, and Artefact Compression non-unit Silver Card, or have it as a non-unit Silver card like Dimeritium Shackles etc...?

*[Off-topic] As well, though banishing a unit is completely long gone, R.I.P Letho, one of the most useless Gold Cards to date in the recent patch. Well, unless CDPR is planning in this next coming patch to fix Letho then that is fine, but if not, R.I.P Letho. So, Jade Figurine kind of like a brand new way to "banish a unit" but gives a 2 point on the board instead of banish, I would rather see banish coming back, as that would return Letho to be viable again, or in the least change Letho's ability.

Regards,
byExeplar

byExeplar;n9724581 said:
Surely, there is within The Witcher Universe, a spell or an alchemy potion that can decompress (revive), a compressed unit, after having been turned into Jade Figurine? Maybe a Silver Mage unit could provide an ability like this to counter Jade Figurine from the like of Coral, and Artefact Compression non-unit Silver Card, or have it as a non-unit Silver card like Dimeritium Shackles etc...?

Regards,
byExeplar

In the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game, there are actually a couple of side quests where Geralt and Triss restore people who were turned into figurines by Coral. Also it does happen to one of the female characters in TW2 and she does get restored later on. I don't wanna spoil anymore details to people who haven't played it, as it does happen as part of the main quest. So yeah, restoring artifact decompressed people is a real thing in The Witcher univerese, especially in the games.Which is all the more wonder why CDPR does not include it in Gwent.

Jigzter;n9727291 said:
In the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game, there are actually a couple of side quests where Geralt and Triss restore people who were turned into figurines by Coral. Also it does happen to one of the female characters in TW2 and she does get restored later on. I don't wanna spoil anymore details to people who haven't played it, as it does happen as part of the main quest. So yeah, restoring artefact decompressed people is a real thing in The Witcher universe, especially in the games.Which is all the more wonder why CDPR does not include it in Gwent.

Interesting... Thank you for that information, and I heard of doing something like that in the side quest before, one of the quests I enjoyed, though not one of my favourites, but still a good quest to partake. However, they may, we just have to give them time, we could see a Jade Figurine counter sometime in the future of Gwent. Though, I think CDPR right now is giving us a lot in the next coming patch and maybe hotfixes along with it, for the current problems now. Ex. New cards, archetypes, tech cards, possibly new bombs like we got now with D-Bomb, etc... Maybe new spells, or new alchemy potions.

Regards,
byExeplar

Suggestion: Monsters Rain Deck

I noticed that while the Monsters have various cards that possess good synergy with Frost and Fog, the same cannot be said about rain. So I had some ideas for new cards that could be used to create a new weather deck, one that focuses on rain:

Siren
STR 3
Ranged
Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 2. If it is or was under Rain, play another Siren from your deck

Vodyanoi Warrior (fish people, worshippers of dagon, Witcher 1)
STR 6
Agile
Whenever an enemy appears on a row with Rain, boost self by 2
Deploy: Boost self by 2 for every enemy under Rain.

^ this would include units moved to a row that's under Rain

Vodyanoi Priest (see above)
STR 5
Agile
Deploy: Boost an Ally by 4. If there is Rain anywhere on the board, boost by 7 instead

Gold card:
Teyu (Vodyanoi rogue cleric from Witcher 1)
STR 4
Agile
Deploy: Boost 2 units on your side by 3 and spawn Rain on the opposite row.

I personally would love to see this implemented in one of the later card additions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom