AFK Timer

+
I met opponents that tried this couple of times. I always started doing the same and they eventually stopped, when they did saw I will not concede. But once I met troll that never stopped doing this and what was worst I played him twice in three games and that was really annoying. I hope there will option to report players like this, so they could get ban eventually.

Timer Suggestion

Note: I wasn't sure where to post a suggestion, so if this is the wrong place then please move it.

Twice now I have run into situations where my opponent has either run into an issue unbeknownst to me or is afk and the entire match was just waiting for their timer to run out until they had no cards left. It would be nice if there is no input from a user during a match after a certain amount of turns that it would auto-forfeit the user (or at least pass the user after a certain amount of turns) instead of every turn discarding until there are no cards left then passing for two rounds.

As of now, all that can be done is letting the game play out for as long as it takes or forfeiting the match. :/

Yeah, there needs to be a timer for the entire match. Maybe simply have 2 timers running. 1 for the current round and if that one runs out another triggers that is similarly long and ends the entire match.

[SUGGESTION] Auto-concede if no response

If opponent doesn't do anything 5 turns in a row I think the match should just be automatically resolved with opponent forfeit.

Well, just pass and win...

One afk turn = very short time on next turn
Play one more card then pass.

Tocran;n7287230 said:
Well, just pass and win...

One afk turn = very short time on next turn
Play one more card then pass.

Yes, but it takes a lot of time, you need to wait until your opponent loses all of his cards only then round 1 is ended. And then you need to wait 2 more times so that opponent would lose his last 2 cards.

I agree there needs to be a way to make the game more enjoyable for people who are playing against inactive players. I've also noticed that some players use going inactive as a strategy, once you think they;re not there and pass, they start playing cards so they can take the round. It feels a bit like cheating to me... I think if players have 2 x turns where they don't play any cards the round or match should be forfeit by them. It's really boring playing against either someone pretending to be inactive or an actually inactive player and I don't think I should be disadvantaged by having to forfeit the round.

I just had a game like that. First round was fine. 2nd round, after a few cards, opponent started getting timeouts. I had card advantage so I just played conservatively and won the round. Timer starts going down faster after a while. 3rd round, timer was back at 1 minute again. Very annoying but at least I got a win out of it.

NinthLadrix;n7390100 said:
I agree there needs to be a way to make the game more enjoyable for people who are playing against inactive players. I've also noticed that some players use going inactive as a strategy, once you think they;re not there and pass, they start playing cards so they can take the round. It feels a bit like cheating to me... I think if players have 2 x turns where they don't play any cards the round or match should be forfeit by them. It's really boring playing against either someone pretending to be inactive or an actually inactive player and I don't think I should be disadvantaged by having to forfeit the round.

This!

[Suggestion] Kick a player after too long inactivity

Hi!

I've been playing against some AFK players, sounds strange because since they launched a game they aren't supposed to be AFK.
Though, they weren't playing at all, and I had to wait that the countdown finish for each of their turn, which is very long

I have no idea why they were AFK, my theories:
- they want a free win, pushing their opponent to give up the game
- they are some bots?
- they crashed

So my suggestion is simple: automatically kick a player after 2 (or less, or more) turns away, so that we don't need to wait for each countdown to finish and we can switch to another opponent more quickly

Not gonna work. Timer for a reason, people talked all over it at another topic. You rarely will encounter something like this in a ranked, people focused and ready to play. In casual games, many things can pop up that's why it's casual game, not necessary some one trolling you or else.

What they should probably add is button to leave the game, and if another player will not press it after you - game is disbanded, otherwise if another player is not active, it's kind of cheating for you as well, you just getting your wins due to AFK of another player.

Something needs to be done but it's completely different thing of the one you speaking of.

Afk opponent solution

Currently, if your opponent is afk and not laying any card, he would discard 1 card each turn. And he would do this until his hand is empty. So, you might have passed already, and your opponent keeps discarding his cards. It could be 5-7-10 cards, and only then he automatically passes the round. And the next round is exactly the same -- opponent will drop cards until he has none.

The solution is simple -- set a afk rope timer not to 30-20-10 seconds, but to 30 seconds, and allow your afk opponent to disacard for only 3 turns. So, if he doesn't join after he missed 3 turns, and droped 3 cards, you would have a win.

That will store a player's time, and overall, it's just ridiculous to wait for your opponent to drop 12 cards(10 in 1st round, and 2 in the 2nd), that's a nonsense.

Solution for opponent AFK

It is a nice touch that timer get shorter when the opponent has expired his allowed time. But sometimes the guy is directly AFK. It is ridiculous that he has to discard his full hand before the game is declared over, a total wasste of time.

Could we not implement that he forfeits automatically after expiring his time two times in a row?! Surely you dont expect him to come back to the game and winning after discarding two cards on a row?!

Last edited:
That has happened to me only once since I started playing months ago.
Don't get me wrong, it would certainly make sense as a feature but I wouldn't regard it as top priority.

Picture this: I am starting a game and then my wife yells at me from the other room: "Darling! Come!" So I stand up from the computer and go see what she wants. As it happens, she needs me for something that will actually take me a while (she usually just wants needs me for a minute, so I thought I could come back to the game when I stood up, that is why I did not forfeit right away). So I tell her: "Let me go back to the computer and forfeit the game I was playing" and she answers: "No! You are always playing that game and neglecting me, I need you here NOW!". So the poor sod that was playing with me will have to wait for the AFK system to discard all of my cards before he can move on. How is this fair for him?!

Please, make the system to auto forfeit or pass after two auto discards in a row instead of waiting for the whole hand to be gone. It makes no sense the way it works now.

I've encountered these (not really)AFK accounts before, and it's always the same ones.... there seem to be two different varieties... the pure AFK, game goes one, they never play a card. the other is the popup roper, they'll sit afk waiting for you to pass and then then try to steal a round win with one or two cards, if they can't they'll often pass. I deal with both the same way now... run the points on the round up to 30-40, then pass, then stomp them flat in round 2. I give neither GG

My theory is that these are generally people farming accounts for dailies without actually playing, hoping that the opponent will get bored or frustrated and forfeit out. and for most people that's probably easier than having their time wasted.

there really should be something that prevents rewarding that sort of thing

Noela;n7090100 said:
MonkFetus the same thing happened to me twice. there was a player I encountered twice. First time, like you said, the entire round waiting without playing. No probs, I figured tech problems on his part, just brew myself some coffee and waited.
The second time I encountered the guy, he played, but waited every turn for the timer to drop to five seconds before playing. I don't remember the name, but it was a Scoia.

Probably a bot

Top Bottom