Quick Play: Reduce the Turn Time

+
prostynick;n7583980 said:
But... I said "if both of them have the "speedy" option set".

Well, what is the point of having such option then. Both players might be fast players if they choose to enable it, in this case, the "speedy" option is no longer needed i think.

easyjoy;n7589500 said:
Well, what is the point of having such option then. Both players might be fast players if they choose to enable it, in this case, the "speedy" option is no longer needed i think.

Well, for one, just making the idea visible to players will/may encourage players to think about speed of play, which might in turn reduce the amount of slllloowww players.
Second - if there is a small bonus to speedy play, that would also encourage it, and which might in turn reduce the amount of slllloowww players.

pahriah;n7589740 said:
Well, for one, just making the idea visible to players will/may encourage players to think about speed of play, which might in turn reduce the amount of slllloowww players.
Second - if there is a small bonus to speedy play, that would also encourage it, and which might in turn reduce the amount of slllloowww players.

Poor slow players, lol.

Players that wait until the end of timer every turn...

I don't know how or where it originated but wasting time should stay in football. Some streamers do it because they are commenting and calculating out loud. My best guess is some kids or manchildren try to imitate them in every way. And i know that's being too optimistic.

Gwent should be as fast paced as possible to maximize fun. This is not go or chess; possibilities are limited most of the time and very predictable (everyone HAVE TO play just a few archetypes). When a person waits whole turn to play an obvious card (Menno, Coral, Protector etc.) or even a REVEALED hand, i tend to cut my wrists looking at the screen.

The game is already heading in a banal direction with little-to-no flexibility and copycat decks all over. Time wasting would be the cream of the crop.

We should be able to mark ourselves as "fast player", have reduced turn times and only play with other "fast players" as long as it's possible in our MMR range. That's one way out.

altaybek thread merged

Also related: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/9018360-slow-players
And semi-related: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...on-discard-abuse-by-letting-the-timer-run-out

altaybek;n9862091 said:
My best guess is some kids or manchildren try to imitate them in every way.

I don't think that that's the reason. Doesn't make sense either way.

altaybek;n9862091 said:
Gwent should be as fast paced as possible to maximize fun.

That's your opinion. Others might actually calculate every possible move or just take their time. I can understand if they do it at a few key moments during the match, but every turn might still be a bit too much, though.

altaybek;n9862091 said:
This is not go or chess; possibilities are limited most of the time and very predictable (everyone HAVE TO play just a few archetypes).

That depends on how much of an auto-pilot deck you're playing or how predictable the opponent is. I've encountered plenty of situations where one actually needs to think real hard as to what the best possible play is.

Hmm, I'm not sure I'd agree. Stalling is really annoying, but on the other hand, frequently I've had turns where I've come close to the timer, due to a complex board state/hand or whatever.

I don't agree for the same reason. Not to mention many archetypes that have long turns would suffer even if you play immediately. NG spies already are frustrating to play with if you experience even minor lag. At worst it's just 1 minute per turn, during which you can think of your own move too.

Turn timer choice!

I don't know how many times I started a thread or mentioned about this on other threads but after all these months this problem still persists

I'm fed up with players intentionally waiting until the end of their timer..

I always asked for an option to mark ourselves as "FAST PLAYER" or something like that and make our round timers shorter and match us with each other when possible

OR

Even better and simplier, let us set a predetermined turn timer (like in sports video games) before starting a match (30s, 45s, 60s, 90s etc.).

I feel like banging my head to the wall when high level/rank people taking their time, reading card descriptions, counting cards, looking at both graveyards twice then decides to place a card. Even when they have no choice (both hands revealed for example)

I'm aware it's a filthy strategy to enrage players like me but this option will help many many players to enjoy game a lot more!

Last edited:
@4RM3D

Apparently every month I will be starting a thread about this matter and you will be merging it here. This one year old thread is not getting any attention for sure. Let's celebrate it's birthday on Thursday..

altaybek;n9970091 said:
Apparently every month I will be starting a thread about this matter and you will be merging it here. This one year old thread is not getting any attention for sure. Let's celebrate it's birthday on Thursday..

Old threads, like these, show that the suggestion has been out there for quite a while. However, unlike some other threads, this has never picked up steam because it's not a big enough issue for most players. Besides, making new threads about this subject does not increase awareness more than bumping old threads. Actually, it's quite the opposite. Old threads carry more weight because they are already established. Incidentally, most CCG have the same kind of timer and none really did anything to change it.

Believe it or not most players use their time because they think, are indesicive or their connection is slower and not as a "filthy" strategy to annoy you. Especially in higher ranks. Not counting streamers who often use up the timer because they are chatting and multitasking, but they are not That many in number.

I believe the timer is good as is considering this is a strategy card game and not a shooter. I can understand that in this day and age every waiting situation feels like eons and people lack patience for it, but if you are such a quick thinker just use that time for something else while you wait those long seconds.
Read a book, play with a cat, breathe...

P.s. i remember you mentioned in another thread you also actually play ng mill sometimes. i mean some people would call that worse than roping as far as time wasting goes (i love playing against mill myself though).

I am against this, Gwent ius a game where you have to think more about what you are doing and there for you have more time.
If you are not doing this and fine but tzhats doesnt mean you enemy cant use his time to think what he is doing.

"But some use this to annoy there enemy" you are a adult you should not let anyone annoy you that easely.

Maybe Gwent isnt the game for you if you have that mutch trouble with the timer.

Top Bottom