Spies shouldn't be allowed to use in R1 for coinflip winner

+
Spies shouldn't be allowed to use in R1 for coinflip winner

How to win in Gwent?
1. Win coinflip
2. Play a spy in appropriate moment
3. If opponent passes, congrats - you won the 1st round on equal cards. If opponent keeps playing, congrats - you just gained 2 CA out of nowhere

Oh, Lady Margarita i have a better proposition.

1. Win coinflip.
2. Play a spy.
3. Play Ciri.

The Lord Bless Thy Soul with 3 CA.

P.S. Aretuza > Ban Ard.

Last edited:

This is a weird suggestion and really doesn't fix the coin flip. First of all, if the player can't use the Card Advantage (CA) spy, then (s)he shouldn't be able to draw it the first round, otherwise the risk is too huge. But then you have summoning cards and all those need to be balanced too. This alone is a nightmare and makes it a silly idea. And even if you finally implemented such a limitation, then the player can just use the CA spy in round 2 and pass. In the end, your suggestion solves nothing and only makes things worse. Besides, since Open Beta, CA spies have already been limited. Also, CA spies have an other functionality besides gaining CA. Not to mention, not everyone is using a CA spy to begin with.

Last edited:
I'd agree as far as going first causes a significant disadvantage most of the time - but I don't see a benefit in nerfing spies

So many assumptions... So to make sure I understand you correctly:
You assume you play second and and some "appropriate" point play your spy card (about 10 points for the opponent) and you are still ahead on points? For that to work your opponent has to fail at keeping up tempo hard and failed at a basic concept of the game. While there may be some players like that out there, it is hardly the fault of either the coinflip or the spy card for that happening.
In the same situration you could possibly just pass while ahead so much and either win on equal cards and use you spy card in round 2 to empty their hand or let the opponent take it for a price of 1-2 CA. Congrats, you were ahead by a mile somehow and won, what a surprise that is. I hope that gets fixed immediately?

As a sidenote: I would love to see some statistics on this whole "going second is better" argument that keeps coming up, because my anecdotal evidence disagrees with it quite a bit. While it is a little bit deck-dependent, most of mine are pretty comfortable going first in most matchups.

Trent2501;n9221211 said:
So many assumptions... So to make sure I understand you correctly:
You assume you play second and and some "appropriate" point play your spy card (about 10 points for the opponent) and you are still ahead on points? For that to work your opponent has to fail at keeping up tempo hard and failed at a basic concept of the game. While there may be some players like that out there, it is hardly the fault of either the coinflip or the spy card for that happening.
In the same situration you could possibly just pass while ahead so much and either win on equal cards and use you spy card in round 2 to empty their hand or let the opponent take it for a price of 1-2 CA. Congrats, you were ahead by a mile somehow and won, what a surprise that is. I hope that gets fixed immediately?

As a sidenote: I would love to see some statistics on this whole "going second is better" argument that keeps coming up, because my anecdotal evidence disagrees with it quite a bit. While it is a little bit deck-dependent, most of mine are pretty comfortable going first in most matchups.

No to achieve situation like other guys mentioned u need to play spy going 2nd and after that be able to beat opponents score with 1 card then u are winning on even cards and u have massive advantage in terms of winning whole game.

OwNeDUp;n9221321 said:
No to achieve situation like other guys mentioned u need to play spy going 2nd and after that be able to beat opponents score with 1 card then u are winning on even cards and u have massive advantage in terms of winning whole game.

My mistake then. To facilitate that you still need to be either ahead or invest one of your better cards because getting a value of 10-11 with a bronze card consistently is not something every deck does.

Top Bottom