x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make Triss Merigold viable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make Triss Merigold viable

Deploy: Damage a Unit by 5.

Change her strength from 7 to 5 and - Deploy: Damage a Unit by 7 (disregarding armor).
    Last edited by HenryGrosmont; 19-08-17, 18:12.
    Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

why would you round up on a flat damage number?

that still wouldn't make her better than having another gold and alzur's thunder

Comment

Originally posted by RickMelethron View Post
      why would you round up on a flat damage number?

that still wouldn't make her better than having another gold and alzur's thunder
      Oh, my bad on the flatting, was thinking about something else before.

As for the second part, she's terrible at the moment. And having an armor ignoring Alzur's Thunder with a 5 gold body is good in many instances.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryGrosmont View Post
        As for the second part, she's terrible at the moment. And having an armor ignoring Alzur's Thunder with a 5 gold body is good in many instances.
        true. however, i don't know if their intent is for triss to be a good legendary or just a starter card to help out new players; it all depends on their philosophy

according to people on the PTR, there will be large balance changes coming, including a buff to geralt; we'll have to wait and see

Comment

true. however, i don't know if their intent is for triss to be a good legendary or just a starter card to help out new players; it all depends on their philosophy

according to people on the PTR, there will be large balance changes coming, including a buff to geralt; we'll have to wait and see
          I could make a case that new players need a lot of help, esp in Legendary cards they get. But even so, the gold pool is is small at the moment that I think it would be only beneficial.

And of course, changes are coming. Which is good

Comment

+1 I'd prefer her with 5 / 7

Comment

I thought we were done with this "ignoring armor" thing, armor is there to absorb damage, not be ignored.

edit: plus she was pretty useful when mangonels and ships were 5 STR, now they got buffed and i guess Triss should too

Comment

Originally posted by Iuliandrei View Post
                plus she was pretty useful when mangonels and ships were 5 STR, now they got buffed and i guess Triss should too
                they got buffed for the purpose of not dying to triss

Comment

Originally posted by Iuliandrei View Post
                  I thought we were done with this "ignoring armor" thing, armor is there to absorb damage, not be ignored.

edit: plus she was pretty useful when mangonels and ships were 5 STR, now they got buffed and i guess Triss should too
                  If it were just an armor wearing units, then maybe you're right. But immune boost is everywhere and I don't see it going anywhere in the near future.

they got buffed for the purpose of not dying to triss
                  Which is a baffling choice in the first place

Comment

I feel her artwork just needs redoing. Get the toothless deviant who did Ves to do it and if she pops out a tittie every time she's played it will really boost her versatility and playability.
                    "Randy, I am the liquor"

Jim Lahey

Comment

I actually thought armor is made to reduce the damage of weather.

Comment

Originally posted by fostdecile View Post
                        I actually thought armor is made to reduce the damage of weather.
                        Where did you get that thought from!?

- It's cold outside...
                        - Yea. Let's wear some armor!

Comment

Originally posted by Theodrik View Post
                          Where did you get that thought from!?

- It's cold outside...
                          - Yea. Let's wear some armor!
                          I think I phrased it wrong, its not to be taken literally

I meant to say that I have always used armored hero to defend from weather damage (and the armor from potions).

Comment

Originally posted by fostdecile View Post
                            I think I phrased it wrong, its not to be taken literally
                            I was just kidding

Regarding armor, they already changed all the previous Armor-Piercing attacks because those were making armor meaningless. So I believe the Devs don't plan to bring those piercing attacks back.

Comment

Maybe instead of a pesky lightning effect she would have a fireball animation , that would help I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X