Let us choose to go first or second

+
Let us choose to go first or second

Guys, what do you think instead of you go first or second, the winner of the coin toss picks to go first or second. Because depending on the initial draw of cards, sometimes i would like to go first, other times second.

The idea behind randomness in this coin is to make match as fair for both players as possible. If you give better power to one of the players, it will make people feel that they lose because of unfair match system.

Kerset;n9340121 said:
The idea behind randomness in this coin is to make match as fair for both players as possible. If you give better power to one of the players, it will make people feel that they lose because of unfair match system.

That actually a very interesting point you've made there, but in reality it doesn't work in this situation. If such a system would be implemented and if a player who won the coin flip opted to go first (which is a rare occurrence to begin with), then the other player would usually be happier because of it. I would almost call it a win-win situation.

And what about adding a Rock-Paper-Scissor mechanic? This way the RNG is all in your hands.

... and it can lead to some really nasty streaks. :rebel:

partci;n9340771 said:
And what about adding a Rock-Paper-Scissor mechanic? This way the RNG is all in your hands.

... and it can lead to some really nasty streaks. :rebel:

this 100% agreed ! the only way to propose something better than the current flip coin system, it's some kind of rock-paper-scissor mini-game mechanic, that , in my opinion, it's way more fair than the current random coinflip system .... because, if with coinflip, if I win and could choose who go first, I would choose, 100% of time, to let my opponent play the first card, and this way, granting me CA .... so, the rock-paper-scissor mechanic seems more interesting to use on Gwent.

You could call it Charge, Flank and Ambush (to go along with the combat theme). (1) Charge beats flank - charging in as they prepare to sneak around so charge gets to choose - (2) ambush beats charge - charge in and your surrounded so ambush gets to choose - (3) flank beats ambush - while you're lying in wait they go around and flank gets to choose.

Not sure about it, but it's interesting in concept.

Rawls;n9340931 said:
You could call it Charge, Flank and Ambush (to go along with the combat theme). (1) Charge beats flank - charging in as they prepare to sneak around so charge gets to choose - (2) ambush beats charge - charge in and your surrounded so ambush gets to choose - (3) flank beats ambush - while you're lying in wait they go around and flank gets to choose.

yeah, great suggestion, I like it !! :D

Rawls;n9340931 said:

Pfff...too easy

KDean11;n9339911 said:
Guys, what do you think instead of you go first or second, the winner of the coin toss picks to go first or second. Because depending on the initial draw of cards, sometimes i would like to go first, other times second.

This Reminds me of the "Faction Ability" of scoia'tael Faction ....wayBack when game was in Closed Beta
some people thought it made gameplay unfair ....i personally Liked it

4RM3D;n9340321 said:
That actually a very interesting point you've made there, but in reality it doesn't work in this situation. If such a system would be implemented and if a player who won the coin flip opted to go first (which is a rare occurrence to begin with), then the other player would usually be happier because of it. I would almost call it a win-win situation.

Exactly. In this situation I would expect to have to start if I lose the flip. If the oppononent chooses to start, I would be amazed and happy. It makes you wonder what cards he has to choose to begin. Just this little control over the situation based on luck is something I like to see.

Great suggestion!

Guest 4226291

They announced a coin flip fix but I doubt they will do it well

I wonder if a change like this would subtly shift the meta toward the types of decks that prefer to play first, though. This way you essentially can never lose the coin flip just by playing a deck that doesn't mind going first.

Yeah the choosing to go first or second would be nice then it's easier to keep track on if you had the advantage or not. Some times midway through the first round. You forget who had the first go and you can easily lose the whole game for that.

In my experience going first is a major handicap, thus instead of changing the mechanics you offer compensation. I suggest an extra mulligan for the player going first. Also if you still want to let the winner of the toss decide whether or not to go first this gives extra value to the choice.

Top Bottom